Maid not to be considered!!!

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Re: Avoid Employing Chaw Su Hlaing. WP no. 093192745

Postby j_tohbb » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:17 pm

Dear All, please do try your best to avoid employing this Myanmar maid by the name of Chaw Su haling (WP no. 093192745). She's from Ngaputaw, married and has 3 children aged 5, 8 and 15). At present, her biodata is listed on OKMaid.

http://okmaid.com.sg/index.php?route=pr ... urer_id=12

She gave me a nightmare.

Ran away

Chaw Su Hlaing found for herself a potential new employer and requested for a transfer out of the blue. Prior to that, there was no sign of she wanting to terminate her contract with me. I learnt that she had wanted to take the place of her "sister", a FDW, who was going home to get married. Her sister had helped to ask her employer and her employer had agreed to employ Chaw Su Hlaing. Chaw Su Hlaing was insistent of wanting to transfer and there was no room for discussion. With that, I had agreed to her request of transfer. We had an agreement that I would be given a span of 2 weeks to look for a replacement.

2 days after our first discussion however, Chaw Su Hlaing changed her mind and requested to leave after one week. We had another discussion and again, she agreed that I would be given 2 weeks to look for a replacement.

3 days after our 2nd conversation, Chaw Su Hlaing ran away from home while I was out with my children. She had left the doors unlocked and wide opened and the gate was also unlocked, hence subjecting the entire house to the possibility of theft and/or other possible dangers or acts of mischief. Throughout her 6 months with me, she had been trained that all doors and the gate should be locked if she were to leave home. If my young children had been home with her then, they might have gotten injured in one way or another! She had also left the day's work uncompleted. At the agency, she spun a lot of lies....too disgusting for me to mention.

It was highly irresponsible of her to:
1) go back on her word of a 2 week grace period and caused unnecessary stress and inconvenience to my family and me
2) subject my house to possible dangers or acts of mischief by leaving the doors and gate unlocked.

Negligence
Separately, there were occasions where Chaw Su Hlaing did not keep an eye on my son who was 2 years old while we were at a department and my son ran away 4 times without her realisation. She was specifically tasked to take care of my son while my husband and I were preoccupied with helping our two daughters with trying out the sizes and fitting of the winter wear that we had wanted to purchase for our upcoming overseas trip. My son managed to leave the departmental store right before her eyes but she had failed to realise that; she was resting. Thankfully, my husband spotted my son running out of the departmental store and gave chase. Chaw Su Hlaing then claimed that she would get a headache whenever she saw crowd and hence could not function.

Frequent Headaches

In addition to her aversion to crowd, she also mentioned that she would get a headache if she were to travel by car. That greatly restricted the help we could possibly have as we could not take her along with us whenever we went out. As a mother of 3 young kids, I needed the help of an extra pair of hands. Her fear of crowd and of travel by car defeated the very purpose the very reason behind why I had wanted to employ a helper.

Lack of love for young children

Even though Chaw was a mother of three (as stated in her biodata), my husband and I could tell that she did not like to take of children. However, when we did a phone interview with her prior to employing her, she had claimed that she was highly capable as she herself had 3 children and had experience working for employers with kids.

Defensive and Argumentative
Yes, she has finished contract once but every household has a different way of doing things. when she first came, I extended my previous maid's contract and got her to stay for 2 months to coach Chaw and help ease her into the job. She was extremely happy. Things were good. The moment my last helper left, she started doing things her way and when I tried to talk to her about it, she got all defensive and argumentative. she even told me this: Mdm, if you are not happy with me, I will change employer!

I was so shocked. she was using threat. Thereafter, I tried not to agitate her but explain why I had to ask her about certain things. I later learnt that her previous employer scolded her rather frequently. Back at home, she had an abusive (and yet not contributing) husband. My hubby and I tried our best to accommodate her.

We thought she had settled down nicely. it was a rude shock when she asked for a transfer.

I terminated her work permit on 7 March 2016 and she returned to Myanmar on 8 March 2016. Chaw Su Hlaing has the intention to return to Singapore to work asap. I have already emailed MOM and did what I could but they told me she could not be blacklisted but will be placed under monitoring. Dear fellow parents, take note, do not employ her!

j_tohbb
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Avoid employing this Myanmar maid!

Postby j_tohbb » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:24 pm

Dear All, please do try your best to avoid employing this Myanmar maid by the name of Chaw Su haling (WP no. 093192745). She's from Ngaputaw, married and has 3 children aged 5, 8 and 15). At present, her biodata is listed on OKMaid.

She gave me a nightmare.

Ran away

Chaw Su Hlaing found for herself a potential new employer and requested for a transfer out of the blue. Prior to that, there was no sign of she wanting to terminate her contract with me. I learnt that she had wanted to take the place of her "sister", a FDW, who was going home to get married. Her sister had helped to ask her employer and her employer had agreed to employ Chaw Su Hlaing. Chaw Su Hlaing was insistent of wanting to transfer and there was no room for discussion. With that, I had agreed to her request of transfer. We had an agreement that I would be given a span of 2 weeks to look for a replacement.

2 days after our first discussion however, Chaw Su Hlaing changed her mind and requested to leave after one week. We had another discussion and again, she agreed that I would be given 2 weeks to look for a replacement.

3 days after our 2nd conversation, Chaw Su Hlaing ran away from home while I was out with my children. She had left the doors unlocked and wide opened and the gate was also unlocked, hence subjecting the entire house to the possibility of theft and/or other possible dangers or acts of mischief. Throughout her 6 months with me, she had been trained that all doors and the gate should be locked if she were to leave home. If my young children had been home with her then, they might have gotten injured in one way or another! She had also left the day's work uncompleted. At the agency, she spun a lot of lies....too disgusting for me to mention.

1) go back on her word of a 2 week grace period and caused unnecessary stress and inconvenience to my family and me
2) subject my house to possible dangers or acts of mischief by leaving the doors and gate unlocked.

Negligence
Separately, there were occasions where Chaw Su Hlaing did not keep an eye on my son who was 2 years old while we were at a department and my son ran away 4 times without her realisation. She was specifically tasked to take care of my son while my husband and I were preoccupied with helping our two daughters with trying out the sizes and fitting of the winter wear that we had wanted to purchase for our upcoming overseas trip. My son managed to leave the departmental store right before her eyes but she had failed to realise that; she was resting. Thankfully, my husband spotted my son running out of the departmental store and gave chase. Chaw Su Hlaing then claimed that she would get a headache whenever she saw crowd and hence could not function.

Frequent Headaches

In addition to her aversion to crowd, she also mentioned that she would get a headache if she were to travel by car. That greatly restricted the help we could possibly have as we could not take her along with us whenever we went out. As a mother of 3 young kids, I needed the help of an extra pair of hands. Her fear of crowd and of travel by car defeated the very purpose of why I had wanted to employ a helper.

Even though Chaw was a mother of three (as stated in her biodata), my husband and I could tell that she did not like to take of children. However, when we did a phone interview with her prior to employing her, she had claimed that she was highly capable as she herself had 3 children and had experience working for employers with kids.

Yes, she has finished contract once but every household has a different way of doing things. when she first came, I extended my previous maid's contract and got her to stay for 2 months to coach Chaw and help ease her into the job. She was extremely happy. Things were good. The moment my last helper left, she started doing things her way and when I tried to talk to her about it, she got all defensive and argumentative. she even told me this: Mdm, if you are not happy with me, I will change employer!

I was so shocked. she was using threat. Thereafter, I tried not to agitate her but explain why I had to ask her about certain things. I later learnt that her previous employer scolded her rather frequently. Back at home, she had an abusive (and yet not contributing) husband. My hubby and I tried our best to accommodate her.

We thought she had settled down nicely. it was a rude shock when she asked for a transfer.

I terminated her work permit on 7 March 2016 and she returned to Myanmar on 8 March 2016. Chaw Su Hlaing has the intention to return to Singapore to work asap. I have already emailed MOM and did what I could but they told me she could not be blacklisted but will be placed under monitoring.

Dear fellow parents, take note, do not employ her!

j_tohbb
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Maid who tell lies

Postby j_tohbb » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:33 pm

She gave me a nightmare.

Ran away

Negligence

Frequent Headaches
In addition to her aversion to crowd, she also mentioned that she would get a headache if she were to travel by car. That greatly restricted the help we could possibly have as we could not take her along with us whenever we went out. As a mother of 3 young kids, I needed the help of an extra pair of hands. Her fear of crowd and of travel by car defeated the very purpose of why I had wanted to employ a helper.

Lack of love for young childrenEven though Chaw was a mother of three (as stated in her biodata), my husband and I could tell that she did not like to take of children. However, when we did a phone interview with her prior to employing her, she had claimed that she was highly capable as she herself had 3 children and had experience working for employers with kids.

I terminated her work permit on 7 March 2016 and she returned to Myanmar on 8 March 2016. Chaw Su Hlaing has the intention to return to Singapore to work asap. I have already emailed MOM and did what I could but they told me she could not be blacklisted but will be placed under monitoring.

j_tohbb
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: attitude maid

Postby j_tohbb » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:40 pm

Dear All, please do try your best to avoid employing this Myanmar maid by the name of Chaw Su hlaing (WP no. 093192745). She's from Ngaputaw, married and has 3 children aged 5, 8 and 15). At present, her biodata is listed on OKMaid.

She gave me a nightmare.

Ran away
Chaw Su Hlaing found for herself a potential new employer after she went for her last off day and requested for a transfer out of the blue. Prior to that, there was no sign of she wanting to terminate her contract with me. I learnt that she had wanted to take the place of her "sister", a FDW, who was going home to get married. Her sister had helped to ask her employer and her employer had agreed to employ Chaw Su Hlaing. Chaw Su Hlaing was insistent of wanting to transfer and there was no room for discussion. With that, I had agreed to her request of transfer. We had an agreement that I would be given a span of 2 weeks to look for a replacement.

Negligence

Frequent Headaches

j_tohbb
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Maid not to be considered!!!

Postby Zapp » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:16 am

Hi,thanks for your info, maid not only help in household but also create problem.
My this phillipine maid Vilma come to work only 6months, become very lazy and always complain sick as she is forty plus and have menopause, although I know she have this condition and not young I don't mind hire her but she give me all kind of excuses when she did wrong and show me attitude.
My husband and I treat her well but she become big head.
Will not hire maid again, make me piss off.

Zapp
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Maid not to be considered!!!

Postby tutorchen » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:29 am

Hi, thanks for the info.

Hope you will have a very good maid next time.

tutorchen
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Domestic Help