Home leave and back.. Question

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Home leave and back.. Question

Postby bbsin » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:01 pm

Any of ur maid went for home leave and back??

I want to ask as employer
1) who pay for the embassy documents?? Maid or employer?
I read that this are no obligation for employer to pay
2) do u pick your maid from airport or she take cab back herself?
3) do u buy present for her to bring home?? Like what???
4) what if they go and not come back? WHAT TO DO?????

Tks

bbsin
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Home leave and back.. Question

Postby straffan23 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:36 am

bbsin wrote:Any of ur maid went for home leave and back??

Tks

1. No embassy documents required. Anyway no obligation to pay.
2. Had a maid for 3 years and we let her go home every year. I sent her to the airport first time and told her that subsequently she has to manage on her own. Coming back take MRT.
3. Bought a box of chocolates for her kids and usually one new pair of clothes for her Hari Raya.
4. Always be prepared that they do not come back. I give her cash $10x5 pcs and told her that is for emergency use ONLY. She usually spends that the airport for bribes etc before boarding flight to Singapore.

Whatever you give them, pay them, do for them, etc... it is out of your own good heart. They are not obligated to repay you, or to honour the promise to come back. If they don't come back, you just have to move on... In my case, I pay for the flights for them to go back - they get everything up to the current month salary - when they come back, they get the full salary plus free flights. If they don't come back, at least I don't have to pay for the flight.

straffan23
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby bbsin » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:01 am

Thanks, for phipp maid? the home leave need to go to embassy to do their docs. also pay be us or them????

anyone know?

bbsin
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby bbsin » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:04 am

straffan23 wrote:

Tks

2. Had a maid for 3 years and we let her go home every year. I sent her to the airport first time and told her that subsequently she has to manage on her own. Coming back take MRT.
3. Bought a box of chocolates for her kids and usually one new pair of clothes for her Hari Raya.
4. Always be prepared that they do not come back. I give her cash $10x5 pcs and told her that is for emergency use ONLY. She usually spends that the airport for bribes etc before boarding flight to Singapore.

Whatever you give them, pay them, do for them, etc... it is out of your own good heart. They are not obligated to repay you, or to honour the promise to come back. If they don't come back, you just have to move on... In my case, I pay for the flights for them to go back - they get everything up to the current month salary - when they come back, they get the full salary plus free flights. If they don't come back, at least I don't have to pay for the flight.

thanks

bbsin
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby straffan23 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:49 am

If you want your maid to come back, ask her to pay first. Make that as an incentive for her to come back. You will pay for it all incl the salary when she comes back.

straffan23
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ptb7476 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:59 am

straffan23 wrote:

Tks

Whatever you give them, pay them, do for them, etc... it is out of your own good heart. They are not obligated to repay you, or to honour the promise to come back. If they don't come back, you just have to move on... In my case, I pay for the flights for them to go back - they get everything up to the current month salary - when they come back, they get the full salary plus free flights. If they don't come back, at least I don't have to pay for the flight.[/quote]

i dont understand this part

you paid for the return airfare ...
you paid everything up to current month salary

when they come back ..they get full salary plus free flight - this part i am lost
you mean if they go back for a month , you also paid her that month salary .. then free flight , tot you already paid for the return flight

the last sentence if they dun come back at least i dont have to pay for the flight but then you already paid for the return flight
:scratchhead: :scratchhead:

ptb7476
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Imp75 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:05 am

No obligations but this is what we have been doing:
1. Bring her to embassy renew passport, get embassy to write contract (they need to produce this to return to Spore). We pay and send her to embassy. In Indonesia, need to apply for KLKKN(?) card before they could return. We give her money to do this.
2. If weekends, we send to/fro. If weekday flight, we ask her to take public transport. We try to book weekend flight if poss.
3. We don't buy present but we give her extra money of a few hundreds at the airport in case she needs emergency cash/SGD. We don't ask for it back
4. We buy 1-way ticket. If she has a return date, she will text me to buy a return ticket. If she doesn't come back, suay lor and so be it. Move on. I usually pay her in full + bonus before she leaves. I think it is not very nice to hold back part of their salary that they have rightfully earned.

Imp75
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby bbsin » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:24 pm

Tks

bbsin
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby bbsin » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:24 pm

Tks