Maid repatriated due to pregnancy

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Maid repatriated due to pregnancy

Postby Lynn2010 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:17 am

Hi

Does anyone here know if a maid is repatriated due to pregnancy, are they banned to work in Singapore forever?

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Maid repatriated due to pregnancy

Postby nicnac » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:34 am

Lynn2010 wrote:Hi

Does anyone here know if a maid is repatriated due to pregnancy, are they banned to work in Singapore forever?

My mum's maid was sent back after we found that she was pregnant. We found her tummy going bigger over time. She denied being pregnant and even 'beat' her tummy to show. But then, we sent her to the GP for a check. The GP touched her tummy and said she should be already almost 7 months pregnant judging from it. We sent her home soon to avoid further complications.

She was a transferred maid, having worked at the previous for 2 ~ 3months .. Then I think she worked for my mum for about 4 months plus. We were puzzled how come her pregnancy tests did not show :shrug: She said she got pregnant in Philippines.

She gave birth less than 2 months later. We called her and arranged for her to come back when her baby turned 5 months.

We did not report to MOM though.

nicnac
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Lynn2010 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:38 am

Thanks.

i wonder if they were found out and the case was reported to MOM, and repatriated. Can they still come back?

They are still a human not a criminal. So getting pregnant is not a crime, it is their choice.

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby tutorchen » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:42 am

Hi,

If the maid got pregnant in Singapore, what can the employer do?

tutorchen
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby straffan23 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:57 am

tutorchen wrote:Hi,

I don't think the employer (or the maid) have a choice. They need to be sent home.

straffan23
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby novels » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:17 am

During the 6 monthly checkup, doctor informed my friend that her helper is pregnant. The doctor said if she is sending the helper back then he will report the result to MOE if not she will get fine. So my friend bought a ticket and sent the maid back within a few days.

novels
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby macateer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:01 pm

tutorchen wrote:Hi,

Arrange with your agency and quietly deport her back

macateer
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Domestic Help