Taking Post paid connection under our name for FDW

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Taking Post paid connection under our name for FDW

Postby kaisuparents » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:16 pm

Hi,

My maid needs to take a post paid mobile plan, but if she registers under her FIN she has to pay 200$ refundable deposit. She is asking me to take it under my name and she will use it.
Has anyone does this before for their maids, do you foresee any problems with this.

Thanks

kaisuparents
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Taking Post paid connection under our name for FDW

Postby hquek » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:49 pm

kaisuparents wrote:Hi,

My maid needs to take a post paid mobile plan, but if she registers under her FIN she has to pay 200$ refundable deposit. She is asking me to take it under my name and she will use it.
Has anyone does this before for their maids, do you foresee any problems with this.

Thanks

Have not done this and will not. If she runs up bills of thousands of dollars, the one whose name it's under will be liable to settle. I think it's better if you loan her the $200 with the precondition it's to be paid back upon her departure (and get that in writing).

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby kaisuparents » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:39 pm

Agreed, didn't think of that. I better give her 200$ deposit.

kaisuparents
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby straffan23 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:23 am

You maid doesn't NEED it. She merely WANTS it. What she wants she needs to be responsible for. You shouldn't be taking this risk and helping her solve all her WANTS.

straffan23
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Domestic Help