Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Choosing and Evaluating Primary Schools

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Re: Choosing and Evaluating Primary Schools

Postby 1516 mummy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:40 am

Can anyone recommend any primary school in Bukit Batok? I stay within 1km from princess Elizabeth but i know need to ballot so was thinking other primary school but could not find much details like Dazhong, Bukit View and Jurong Primary School.

1516 mummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Manorpark_216 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:03 am

Hi all,

My Husband’s alumni school is Anderson Pri School (Phase 2A(2)) but we are staying < 1km away from Teck Ghee Pri School (Phase 2C) in AMK. For the past 2 years, I noticed that TGPS for Phase 2C was oversubscribed. Like to ask for advice which school would be a better choice for my child? He’s going to register for P1 this year. Appreciate any kind advice.

Manorpark_216
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Derek_Lee » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:00 am

1516 mummy wrote:Can anyone recommend any primary school in Bukit Batok? I stay within 1km from princess Elizabeth but i know need to ballot so was thinking other primary school but could not find much details like Dazhong, Bukit View and Jurong Primary School.

How about Keming Primary, it is one of the best in Bukit Batok Area in my opinion.

Derek_Lee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby floppy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:59 am

Manorpark_216 wrote:Hi all,

My Husband’s alumni school is Anderson Pri School (Phase 2A(2)) but we are staying < 1km away from Teck Ghee Pri School (Phase 2C) in AMK. For the past 2 years, I noticed that TGPS for Phase 2C was oversubscribed. Like to ask for advice which school would be a better choice for my child? He’s going to register for P1 this year. Appreciate any kind advice.

Your question is like asking us whether wearing blue or red is more suitable for your kid.
Unless we know your kid, we can't answer that.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Manorpark_216 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:01 am

floppy wrote:
Manorpark_216 wrote:
Your question is like asking us whether wearing blue or red is more suitable for your kid.
Unless we know your kid, we can't answer that.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps my question was not clear. My enquiry is more on the strengths of each school which I can’t seem to find on the Internet. Will be grateful if there’s some insights on the schools.

Thanks.

Manorpark_216
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby floppy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:58 am

Manorpark_216 wrote:Thanks for your reply. Perhaps my question was not clear. My enquiry is more on the strengths of each school which I can’t seem to find on the Internet. Will be grateful if there’s some insights on the schools.

Both are generic primary schools, so to speak. There will be both good and not so good teachers, and a lot will depend on your luck on the type of teachers that you will be getting. Both are also likely to face balloting at Phase 2C (and Anderson would probably be more sought after).

Unless logistically it is a hassle, you would probably be better off to apply to Anderson Primary under Phase 2A2 to avoid the balloting nightmare.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 1516 mummy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:42 am

Derek_Lee wrote:
1516 mummy wrote:Can anyone recommend any primary school in Bukit Batok? I stay within 1km from princess Elizabeth but i know need to ballot so was thinking other primary school but could not find much details like Dazhong, Bukit View and Jurong Primary School.

How about Keming Primary, it is one of the best in Bukit Batok Area in my opinion.

But keming very tough to get in right, in a way need balloting and keming is >2km for me.

1516 mummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby phtthp » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:21 am

Manorpark_216 wrote:Hi all,

Just go back to Anderson primary, under Phase 2A

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:02 am

Derek_Lee wrote:

keming and princess Elizabeth are hot schools in bukit batok area...especially with new flats nearby.
expect balloting within 1km. if you are not ready for this, it's safer to go for bukit view.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jo sarah » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:03 pm

in my opinion and experience, i think Lianhua Primary is better than Bukit View Primary. Generally, teachers are very caring in Lianhua.

jo sarah
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres