2018 P1 registration exercise for 2019 intake

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:119

Re: 2018 P1 registration exercise for 2019 intake

Post by floppy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:17 am

rf69 wrote:
phtthp wrote:
dg010 wrote: NANYANG left 8 seats for 2A2 not 10. :shrug:
whoever able to get into Nanyang primary last 8 left-over seats via 2A2 balloting this year : are really lucky !
Hi phtthp, I'm a newbie here. Sorry for this dumb question. If balloting occurs at 2A2 phase, is the balloting distance-priority based? I know 2B onwards it is, but not sure about 2A2 phase. Thank you.
Once balloting occurs, it is priority / cut-off based on distance for every phase.

violetbebe
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by violetbebe » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:53 am

Anyone know the balloting result for fairfield 2019 intake for phase 2B?

rennug
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by rennug » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:39 pm

Sorry noon questions for a first time parents whose kid is going to register for 2020 intake?

1. When will balloting statistics for the 2019 P1 intake be out?

2. Only has a 1 in 3 chance of getting into our preferred school (A) under 2C but 90% chance of getting into decent neighbourhood school (B). Both within 1km.

Should we try for A or B in 2C given that the other schools in our area with places remaining in 2C(S) aren’t that great?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:320

Post by ChiefKiasu » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:58 am

rennug wrote:Sorry noon questions for a first time parents whose kid is going to register for 2020 intake?

2. Only has a 1 in 3 chance of getting into our preferred school (A) under 2C but 90% chance of getting into decent neighbourhood school (B). Both within 1km.

Should we try for A or B in 2C given that the other schools in our area with places remaining in 2C(S) aren’t that great?
This question should have been posted under the 2019 for 2020 thread :)
The stats will be out WHILE they are still useful. That is, before the P1 Registration this year.

For your 2nd question, you must state the chance of getting into the 2nd school in the last Phase 2C(S). If the chance is very low, I think I would prefer to take the 2nd school earlier in Phase 2C.

rennug
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by rennug » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:32 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
rennug wrote:Sorry noon questions for a first time parents whose kid is going to register for 2020 intake?

This question should have been posted under the 2019 for 2020 thread :)
The stats will be out WHILE they are still useful. That is, before the P1 Registration this year.

For your 2nd question, you must state the chance of getting into the 2nd school in the last Phase 2C(S). If the chance is very low, I think I would prefer to take the 2nd school earlier in Phase 2C.
Oops, sorry didn’t realise there is already a thread for 2020 intake.

Yup, practically no chance of getting into B under 2C(S). So looks like better to go for the bird in hand (B) than the two in the bush (A).

Fatte
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Fatte » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:32 pm

zac's mum wrote:Bukit Timah Road is smack right in the centre of Singapore. Anywhere is accessible for them :evil:
Hi. Can someone please clarify this: When people say "BTPS went into a ballot in 2018" - they mean that it did for phase 2C(S), right? Does this mean that all those who registered for phase 2C - including all PRs - had a straight-forward admission, without any ballot, right? This is important for me to understand.

Also, did schools like BTPS add an extra class only for this year ('dragon' kids), or is it a permanent addition?

Thanks!