CHIJ Family of Schools

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Which do you think is the best CHIJ?

CHIJ (Katong) Primary
8%
CHIJ (Kellock)
6%
CHIJ (Toa Payoh) Primary
16%
CHIJ Our Lady Of Good Counsel
5%
CHIJ Our Lady Of The Nativity
8%
CHIJ Our Lady Queen Of Peace
7%
CHIJ St. Nicholas Girls' School
50%

Total votes: 608

Orb
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:6

Re: CHIJ Family of Schools

Post by Orb » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:30 pm

cherrygal wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:04 am
Hcc7737 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:34 am
Hi. I'm a Catholic (but not confirmed) and would like to enrol my girl for 2019 intake in chij toapayoh. Sadly it's 2.5km away from where I stay.
Does my daughter need to be baptized To enrol into 2B?
I'm afraid the chances are low but just want to check. Could anyone assist me?
Miu miu has answered your question on baptism cert.

You may get a chance to ballot IJ TP at phase 2B >2km but if you fail the balloting, pls have a back up school for Phase 2C.

No need to try IJ TP again at 2C. Go straight to Marymount Convent or other not so popular CHIJs.

If you prefer a safe seat in a Catholic school, go to the not so popular CHIJs at Phase 2B right away.
I agree. Odds for IJTP for 2B for >2km is about less than 30%... If you can stomach it, then go for balloting. Otherwise, don't waste your 2B chance and look other CHIJs.

Melodyz
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: CHIJ Family of Schools

Post by Melodyz » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:59 am

Hi, I am keen to register my girl in either OLN or OLGC. But I know that OLN is very popular and chances of balloting at phase 2C is high (I stay at >2km from the school).
I would like to seek advice on OLGC. Anyone has any idea of how the school is like?
- How are the teachers there?
- How is the environment like?
- Are they strong in teaching of values?
- How strong are they in their academics?
As it does not seem like a very popular IJ school, I'm wondering is it because of its location (nestled among the private housing) which does not appeal to parents?

Advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!