[Tampines] Primary Schools

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Which is your preferred school in Tampines?

Changkat Primary
2%
Chongzheng Primary
6%
East Spring Primary
2%
East View Primary
1%
Gongshang Primary
14%
Griffiths Primary
0%
Junyuan Primary
2%
Poi Ching
19%
Qiaonan Primary
0%
St Hilda’s Primary
43%
Tampines North Primary
3%
Tampines Primary
6%
Yumin Primary
1%

Total votes: 810

sweetbaby
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:14

Re: [Tampines] Primary Schools

Post by sweetbaby » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:04 pm

phtthp wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:56 pm
Many primary schools in Sg dismissed at 1.30 pm
Thx. I have 2 primary one going children for 2020 and trying to see our options and the feasibility of choosing different schools (we favour single gender schools) and coordination sending/pick ups of 3 locations.

Orb
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:6

Post by Orb » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:11 pm

sweetbaby wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:04 pm
phtthp wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:56 pm
Many primary schools in Sg dismissed at 1.30 pm
Thx. I have 2 primary one going children for 2020 and trying to see our options and the feasibility of choosing different schools (we favour single gender schools) and coordination sending/pick ups of 3 locations.
If i am reading this correctly. two p1s and another in another primary school? picking up at 3 locations is a logistical nightmare.

Why would you want to do that? What are your options?

sweetbaby
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by sweetbaby » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:56 pm

1 Sec One who will likely travel by public transport. 2 Primary kids. The girl really shy and anxious and has requested to be in all girls schools like her cousins and some close friends. The boy, in turn wants a boy school (just cos the other said so). Just looking at the feasibility when all the kids need a ride to school.... Sweat... Likely choosing a co-ed school...

Orb
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:6

Post by Orb » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:11 pm

sweetbaby wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:56 pm
1 Sec One who will likely travel by public transport. 2 Primary kids. The girl really shy and anxious and has requested to be in all girls schools like her cousins and some close friends. The boy, in turn wants a boy school (just cos the other said so). Just looking at the feasibility when all the kids need a ride to school.... Sweat... Likely choosing a co-ed school...
If your girl is shy and anxious, then maybe an all girls school may suit her. Then probably you should look at all boys school near daughter's school.

Here's what I can think of in close proximity with each other:

1. Catholic High - St. Nicholas
2. SJI Jr - CHIJ TP
3. St Gab's - OLGC
4. Montfort Jr - OLN
5. Maris Stella - PLMGS
6. St Stephens - CHIJ Katong

I think 1, 2 and 5 may be quite difficult. but i think the others if you are SC, you may stand a chance.

sweetbaby
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by sweetbaby » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:25 pm

Orb wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:11 pm
sweetbaby wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:56 pm
If your girl is shy and anxious, then maybe an all girls school may suit her. Then probably you should look at all boys school near daughter's school.

Here's what I can think of in close proximity with each other:

1. Catholic High - St. Nicholas
2. SJI Jr - CHIJ TP
3. St Gab's - OLGC
4. Montfort Jr - OLN
5. Maris Stella - PLMGS
6. St Stephens - CHIJ Katong

I think 1, 2 and 5 may be quite difficult. but i think the others if you are SC, you may stand a chance.
:thankyou: very insightful and helpful.

hllow
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by hllow » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:52 pm

Hi anyone has any experience to share for junyuan and tampines primary? In terms convenience like:
- student care facility, need waiting list etc.?
- school bus arrangement, is it flexible like it's available even if child attend cca or student care.
- any other opinion

Thank you!

rocktoniclove
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by rocktoniclove » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:50 am

Hello all, I’ll be registering for my boy next year and posting here to seek advice.

I’m (SC) staying within 1km from PoiChing and 1-2km from St Hilda’s and Gongshang. I’m going for phase 2C. However I understand from past records all these school will have to ballot even for within 1km. In such case, the safer bet will still be Poiching even there’s high possibility of balloting right? As I won’t stand a chance for st Hilda’s or gongshang as I’m not within 1km. Any other advices or ways if I have intention for the other 2 schools?

Thanks in advance :)

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Davischew » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:33 am

rocktoniclove wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:50 am
Hello all, I’ll be registering for my boy next year and posting here to seek advice.

I’m (SC) staying within 1km from PoiChing and 1-2km from St Hilda’s and Gongshang. I’m going for phase 2C. However I understand from past records all these school will have to ballot even for within 1km. In such case, the safer bet will still be Poiching even there’s high possibility of balloting right? As I won’t stand a chance for st Hilda’s or gongshang as I’m not within 1km. Any other advices or ways if I have intention for the other 2 schools?

If registering next year , too late for PV and GRL. So only chance is to ballot Poi Ching <1km. The other 2 no chance to ballot.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:164

Post by floppy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:25 pm

Davischew wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:33 am
rocktoniclove wrote:

If registering next year , too late for PV and GRL. So only chance is to ballot Poi Ching <1km. The other 2 no chance to ballot.
Got other way.
Shift house to within 1km

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Davischew » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:14 pm

floppy wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:25 pm
Davischew wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:33 am
rocktoniclove wrote:

Got other way.
Shift house to within 1km
Haha good idea. The only project within all 3 schools <1km is probably DBSS Centrale 8.

And FYI if you are Kiasu enough, there’s a new BTO in Nov 2019 just beside Tampines Hub, which is <1km all 3 as well.