2020 P1 Registration Exercise for 2021 In-take

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
Davischew
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: 2020 P1 Registration Exercise for 2021 In-take

Post by Davischew » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:29 am

temachlo wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:59 pm
Hello all, we have been volunteering diligently in Tanjong Pagar GRC for many years and are thinking of enrolling our daughter (born 2014) into SCGS under phase 2B (assuming we get the PA letter). Have been trying to shortlist rental properties within the GRC. 1 is at Tiong Bahru (>2km away from SCGS) while the other is in Bukit Timah itself (<1km of SCGS).

The tiong bahru rental is almost half that of the Bukit Timah rental (we know the landlord) but we are wondering if it is very risky to try to get into SCGS using phase 2B and >2km away? SCGS's balloting history only shows balloting for more than 1km for phase 2C on their website, not sure if that means phase 2B is generally safe, even if more than 2km away. Grateful to receive some advice on the above from any kind souls! Thanks v much!
Most years 2B all in.
https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/article/novena/

Swissclover
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Swissclover » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:34 am

Hi

I have an older child(son) in a co-ed school which is within 1km. I know I am eligible for Phase 1 for my 2nd child (daughter).

Anyone knows the procedure if I subsequently decides to register my 2nd child for a girls school under Phase 2c?

thanks

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:208

Post by floppy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:46 am

Swissclover wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:33 am
Hi

I have an older child(son) in a co-ed school which is within 1km. I know I am eligible for Phase 1 for my 2nd child (daughter).

Anyone knows the procedure if I subsequently decides to register my 2nd child for a girls school under Phase 2c?

thanks
You will have to withdraw from the Phase 1 school before reapplying in the other school in Phase 2C.

Swissclover
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Swissclover » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:37 am

thanks floppy.

Do you have any idea how does 1 ensure a place in the school under Phase 2c given that parents can register online? Cos I understand that I will run the risk of losing a place in the primary school registered in Phase 1 if I withdraw in phase 2c for another school.

appreciate the advice.

Swissclover
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Swissclover » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:38 am

thanks floppy.

Do you have any idea how does 1 ensure a place in the school under Phase 2c given that parents can register online? Cos I understand that I will run the risk of losing a place in the primary school registered in Phase 1 if I withdraw in phase 2c for another school.

appreciate the advice.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:208

Post by floppy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:51 am

Swissclover wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:37 am
thanks floppy.

appreciate the advice.
No one can assure you of a place in Phase 2C. If there’s a ballot, you will have to go thought the agony like everyone else. If you are not successful at the ballot, you will move on to phase 2Cs.

Depending on the school, the risk of balloting may be high or low. Ultimately, you will have to decide whether the lost of a Phase 1 place (and the convenience it brings) is worth it.

KiasuAhTan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by KiasuAhTan » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:55 am

Any insights with regards to Mee Toh vs Maris Stella?

Eligible for 2B for both and within 1km. Only 1 kid. Current staying at punggol but no issues moving to Bartley.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:120

Post by zac's mum » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:22 am

Depends which religion you prefer.

KiasuAhTan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by KiasuAhTan » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:44 am

zac's mum wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:22 am
Err this aspects doesn’t really matter...... More concerned about academics, quality of leaning, resources etc.....

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:120

Post by zac's mum » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:01 am

KiasuAhTan wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:44 am
zac's mum wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:22 am
Err this aspects doesn’t really matter...... More concerned about academics, quality of leaning, resources etc.....
You can have a look at the 2 schools’ website to get a glimpse into the school culture. You may think it doesn’t matter but the child will be experiencing it 5 days a week. Academics, quality of learning, all these are from MOE and very similar but the delivery & communication of values are in different context.

https://meetoh.moe.edu.sg/our-school/bu ... mp-n-class

https://marisstellahigh.moe.edu.sg/prog ... -education

Feel free to browse around the other pages of the websites.