All about Transferring to Other Primary Schools

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
Gismum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All about Transferring to Other Primary Schools

Post by Gismum » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi Zac mum

Thanks for your reply. Because I called the school and they said application has closed. Actually I am moving house 2nd half of next year that’s why. My friend told me very difficult to get a place there. Then read above some schools don’t need interviews etc. So trying to find out more here. :-)

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Post by zac's mum » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:23 pm

I see. Try applying next year, after you have moved house. That would at least give you one more plus point to state in your application.

The school is pretty much operating at max capacity already. They try not to fill it absolutely till overflowing I hope you understand as the Student:teacher ratio is already quite bad.

Those schools that still have plenty of extra spaces (eg Bukit Timah Primary School), and with plenty of kids transferring out to overseas often, will be much easier to transfer to.

All the best, however you decide.

octbride
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by octbride » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:32 pm

Hi
I went for a popular sch nanhua to Fairfield primary
Not sure if I did the right choice? Main reaskfn is affliation.
Any views?

octbride
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by octbride » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:33 pm

Hi
Any views?

peasants
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:17

Post by peasants » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:49 pm

octbride wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:33 pm
Hi
Any views?
For religion yes.

MerlionInGermany
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:19

Post by MerlionInGermany » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:03 am

octbride wrote:
Hi
Any views?
Already transferred?
Yes, friend’s kid scored 23x, going back to Fairfield Sec in 2020 sec 1. And in the near future, can also go to acjc with 2 points off.

octbride
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by octbride » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:29 pm

MerlionInGermany wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:03 am
octbride wrote:
Hi
Any views?
Already transferred?
Yes, friend’s kid scored 23x, going back to Fairfield Sec in 2020 sec 1. And in the near future, can also go to acjc with 2 points off.
That’s my thinking too. NH is really a good school but too competitive for my child who is just an avg student. My nephews and nieces are academically well and hence being at NH are ok for them. So is my daughter Didn’t help much in psle if stick to Nh.

Some friends may say I should be confident with my child and psle is not everything ; change of banding system etc which I feel a sort of guilt

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Post by zac's mum » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:59 pm

octbride wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:29 pm
MerlionInGermany wrote:
octbride wrote:
Hi
Any views?
Already transferred?
That’s my thinking too. NH is really a good school but too competitive for my child who is just an avg student. My nephews and nieces are academically well and hence being at NH are ok for them. So is my daughter Didn’t help much in psle if stick to Nh.

Some friends may say I should be confident with my child and psle is not everything ; change of banding system etc which I feel a sort of guilt
You have made the right decision then. Fairfield has the whole wide range of stream options for the average child. Free 2 points discount to ACJC (which some people have to work very hard for, eg climb to leadership position in their CCAs to get 2 points).

My child also an average child. Good to be in a more “forgiving” school and let them blossom in their own time.

Of course we want them to do their best, but got a wide affiliation safety net brings more *peace* than worry & grey hairs.

MerlionInGermany
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:19

Post by MerlionInGermany » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:59 pm

octbride wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:29 pm
MerlionInGermany wrote:
octbride wrote:
Hi
Any views?
Already transferred?

Already transferred, then dont look back. Anyway if it turns out no need to use affiliation, no harm done right? My friend with kids in NYPS trying to transfer them into Fairfield, still unsuccessful. Another one transferred from NYPS to one of the CHIJ (with 200 express affiliation), happy like anything.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Post by floppy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:09 pm

Once transferred is effected, no need to think too much. Will only cause further stress and headache.