All About Primary Schools' Balloting History

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
Cosmic.Nomad
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Primary Schools' Balloting History

Post by Cosmic.Nomad » Fri May 10, 2019 4:33 pm

Hi Parents,

Looking for help in finding balloting history ( last 3-4 years maybe ) for few of our preferred schools ( e.g. Temasek Primary) with distance breakdown for phase 2C.

The numbers in the elite website do not have breakdown according to distance. How can I find out if balloting was required for Temasek primary within 1km for 2018 or 2017 registration under phase 2C ?

I’ll be registering my Daughter this year ( 2020 intake) as SPR.

Thank in advance.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:210

Post by floppy » Fri May 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Cosmic.Nomad wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:33 pm
Hi Parents,

Looking for help in finding balloting history ( last 3-4 years maybe ) for few of our preferred schools ( e.g. Temasek Primary) with distance breakdown for phase 2C.

The numbers in the elite website do not have breakdown according to distance. How can I find out if balloting was required for Temasek primary within 1km for 2018 or 2017 registration under phase 2C ?

I’ll be registering my Daughter this year ( 2020 intake) as SPR.

Thank in advance.
https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/arti ... g-history/

Temasek Primary no chance for SPR.

Cosmic.Nomad
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Cosmic.Nomad » Fri May 10, 2019 5:34 pm

@floppy - Thanks for the quick response.

Looking at the stats for TPS, as it has gone to balloting for SC ( diff distances) for 2017 and all of the prior years, it implies that none of the SPR applications under 2C were considered as per the priority rule.

Is my above interpretation correct of the breakdown stats for TPS : https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/arti ... g-history/

Thanks once again

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by floppy » Fri May 10, 2019 5:40 pm

Cosmic.Nomad wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:34 pm
@floppy - Thanks for the quick response.

Looking at the stats for TPS, as it has gone to balloting for SC ( diff distances) for 2017 and all of the prior years, it implies that none of the SPR applications under 2C were considered as per the priority rule.

Is my above interpretation correct of the breakdown stats for TPS : https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/arti ... g-history/

Thanks once again
That is correct. SC has priority over SPR regardless of distance.

Cosmic.Nomad
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Cosmic.Nomad » Sat May 11, 2019 8:18 am

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Kathong
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Kathong » Mon May 20, 2019 11:34 pm

For temasek primary, 1 - 2 km singapore citizen have chance??

samwize
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by samwize » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:24 pm

I consolidated the balloting history for 2018 while planning for my child. Hope it helps some of you :imcool:

https://just2me.com/2019/06/23/2018-pri ... tatistics/

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:127

Post by zac's mum » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:53 pm

samwize wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:24 pm
I consolidated the balloting history for 2018 while planning for my child. Hope it helps some of you :imcool:

https://just2me.com/2019/06/23/2018-pri ... tatistics/
Very generous of you to share. Thank you!

I like that you have listed the primary schools by alphabetical order. It’s much easier to find a school this way! :udaman:

Elaineplc
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Elaineplc » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:29 am

Looking at the history, i wanted to register for my girl at De La Salle, SC within 1km. I see some balloting possibilities this year as seat has been reduced by 30 seats. Any advice? And normally wat is the reason for reducing seats? Based on past frw yrs record, all seats taken at phase 2c or left a few only for phase 2cs. Appreciate some advice. Thanks.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by floppy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:42 am

Elaineplc wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:29 am
Looking at the history, i wanted to register for my girl at De La Salle, SC within 1km. I see some balloting possibilities this year as seat has been reduced by 30 seats. Any advice? And normally wat is the reason for reducing seats? Based on past frw yrs record, all seats taken at phase 2c or left a few only for phase 2cs. Appreciate some advice. Thanks.
If you are < 1km, go for it, unless you have other alternatives. Balloting risk for < 1km should be low this year due to a much lower birthdate in 2013. However, concerns over balloting for SC who stayed > 1km would probably be valid given the slight reduction in vacancy.