All About Primary Schools' Balloting History

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:208

Re: All About Primary Schools' Balloting History

Post by floppy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:40 pm

klinemv wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:36 pm
On Monday, I register my son in Chongfu via online. Yesterday, the school called me and advise me to withdraw due to the demand for SC <1km stands at 140 whereby the supply is 48 seats. She explained to me why it's wiser to withdraw and register at other school where demand in lower. I took the advise. No point banking on balloting when the demand is so high. If I miss this 2C chance at another school, I will have to compete with other parents for a seat in 2Cs. Therefore, I recommend those parents who registered their child in a school which has high demand to reconsider withdrawing and register in another school with higher chance in Phase 2C. 2 more hours before closing date. Good luck.
I assume you are > 1km.
The school will only contact those who are > 1km to withdraw, as these people will have zero chance.
For Yishun, plenty of available places < 2km to accommodate those who are balloted out from Chongfu, Huamin and Northland. Thus, people don't mind balloting in those 3 schools even when demand seems high.

From MOE website:
Ahmad Ibrahim Primary School - 32 for 183
Chongfu School - 140 for 48
Huamin Primary School - 130 for 109
Jiemin Primary School - 81 for 85
Naval Base Primary School - 106 for 146
North View Primary School - 87 for 87
Northland Primary School - 236 for 82
Peiying Primary School - 38 for 115
Xishan Primary School - 55 for 162
Yishun Primary School - 43 for 110
Last edited by floppy on Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lexy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:11

Post by Lexy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:43 pm

floppy wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:40 pm
klinemv wrote:
On Monday, I register my son in Chongfu via online. Yesterday, the school called me and advise me to withdraw due to the demand for SC <1km stands at 140 whereby the supply is 48 seats. She explained to me why it's wiser to withdraw and register at other school where demand in lower. I took the advise. No point banking on balloting when the demand is so high. If I miss this 2C chance at another school, I will have to compete with other parents for a seat in 2Cs. Therefore, I recommend those parents who registered their child in a school which has high demand to reconsider withdrawing and register in another school with higher chance in Phase 2C. 2 more hours before closing date. Good luck.
I assume you are > 1km.
The school will only contact those who are > 1km to withdraw, as these people will have zero chance.
also for others, it depends on whether their 2nd choice school is still available in 2Cs.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by floppy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:48 pm

Lexy wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:43 pm
floppy wrote:
klinemv wrote:
I assume you are > 1km.
also for others, it depends on whether their 2nd choice school is still available in 2Cs.
See my edited post. Yishun is 'special' lor :lol:

For Yishun, plenty of available places < 2km to accommodate those who are balloted out from Chongfu, Huamin and Northland. Thus, people don't mind balloting in those 3 schools even when demand seems high. Worst come to worst, you end up in another school, and the back-up options are pretty much the same. This kind of environment encourages people to chiong for the 3 schools.

From MOE website:
Last edited by floppy on Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klinemv
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by klinemv » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:50 pm

floppy wrote:
klinemv wrote:
I assume you are > 1km.
For Yishun, plenty of available places < 2km to accommodate those who are balloted out from Chongfu, Human and Northland. Thus, people don't mind balloting in those 3 schools even when demand seems high.

From MOE website:
Yes, Im in >1km cat when apply Chongfu. Now I've applied for HuaMin. Hopefully got chance. For past 3 years, there's balloting for SC <1km for Phase 2C.

Lexy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:11

Post by Lexy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:55 pm

klinemv wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:50 pm

Yes, Im in >1km cat when apply Chongfu. Now I've applied for HuaMin. Hopefully got chance. For past 3 years, there's balloting for SC <1km for Phase 2C.
So we can assume you are within 1km of Huamin as well?
yup, should be balloting within 1km.

All the best.

klinemv
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by klinemv » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:57 pm

Lexy wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:55 pm
klinemv wrote:

So we can assume you are within 1km of Huamin as well?
yup, should be balloting within 1km.

All the best.
Thanks. Already prepared. LoL

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by floppy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:58 pm

klinemv wrote:

Technically, the Chongfu admin didn't call you because demand is high. They are doing you a favour because you wouldn't be eligible for the ballot and you would have otherwise lost your chance in Phase 2C.

I guess you are most probably living in / around South Yishun / Khatib to be within 1km of Huamin / outside 1km of Chongfu. Huamin is most likely heading to the ballot for SC < 1km. Good luck.

papalim123
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by papalim123 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:08 pm

Called Maris Stella. Oversubscribed for SC <1 km.

Davischew
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by Davischew » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:14 pm

papalim123 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:08 pm
Seems like Bidadari is starting to take effect

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by floppy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:50 pm

Davischew wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:14 pm
papalim123 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:08 pm
Seems like Bidadari is starting to take effect
Kinda too early for the Bidadari effect leh. Most sites wouldn't be ready until 2021.

Which also means Maris is going to get even more popular in future :yikes: