Private Primary School

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Private Primary School

Postby chixchix » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:38 am

Something I need to ask.. last time I know that there were goverment funded schools where the fees was $5 a month..and the other schools that relied on parent donations.. and their fees were a few hundred ...wch are these schools and what do you call them ???

Also, do " these" schools that dont get the government financial support ..do they also conduct all this phases ??? I dont mind paying up to $500 for school fees but I need my son to be in a good school.

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Luanee » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:38 am

I think these independent and autonomous schools are only at secondary level? All primary schools are government schools I believe....

Luanee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:37 pm

yup that's right. There isn't any public primary school that is independent.

MOE don't allow that to happen. Reason apparently is that Secondary school entrance is via PSLE - a common exam. Primary schools cannot be independent cos there is no real way to segregating (apart from how rich the parent is).

Full schools like SCGS - the secondary sch is independent, but not the primary.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby 18shan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:26 pm

There are private primary and it's UWC but the fees is sky high..
check their website

http://www.uwcsea.edu.sg/cgi-bin/WebObj ... SJhxVDihIw

18shan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby chixchix » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:48 pm

:( :( :(

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Private Primary School

Postby phtthp » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:45 pm

omg! start from kindergarten K1 very expensive!

http://www.uwcsea.edu.sg/uploaded/image ... es/Fee.pdf
:shock:
Last edited by phtthp on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re:

Postby jtoh » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:41 pm

18shan wrote:There are private primary and it's UWC but the fees is sky high..
check their website

http://www.uwcsea.edu.sg/cgi-bin/WebObj ... SJhxVDihIw

But Singaporeans aren't permitted to study at international schools unless they have special reasons.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Re:

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:46 am

Luanee wrote:I think these independent and autonomous schools are only at secondary level? All primary schools are government schools I believe....

there are still primary schools founded by rich people of the past, and they remain as government-aided schools of today, but fees are following the same as government pri schools. examples are NYPS, and SHHK schools

for certain enhancement / development, these government-aided schools have to raise their own money before MOE will chip in

that is why it is still valid to have priority P1 registration for alumni because these days a lot of the fund raising has fallen on the shoulders of alumni
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Re:

Postby mrswongtuition » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:34 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:
for certain enhancement / development, these government-aided schools have to raise their own money before MOE will chip in

Yes, this is correct. Even for PRIME, the school has to fork out a certain percentage of the building costs. MOE will only 'match' the remaining amount. That's why there are many fund-raising projects for such schools.

Also, the funds MOE give (even to govt schools) are usually enough for the 'bare minimum'. If the school wants something fancy or something extra to give their students an extra edge or extra exposure, they'll need to raise funds on their own too.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration