Immunisation records for Pri 1 registration

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Immunisation records for Pri 1 registration

Postby ZacK » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:07 pm

Hi just wanted to find out from parents who have gone thru the daunting task of registering their little ones for Pri1.

Read from MOE website that kids must have completed all listed immunisations.

We didnt follow the immunisation schedules stated in the health booklets due to having read how some immunisations have gone wrong to affect the child adversely... So we delayed most of the required shots till our boy was much older. Anyway right now he has Hep B shots outstanding and just wanted to find out if the school will make any issue with this if we decide not to have him immunised before he starts Pri1?

Thanks.

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2396
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:19 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby luvmum » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:20 am

Maybe u like to email MOE and seek for their advice. They responded within a day of two, quite efficent! :lol:

luvmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 10:14 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby ZacK » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:30 am

luvmum wrote:Maybe u like to email MOE and seek for their advice. They responded within a day of two, quite efficent! :lol:


Hi luvmum,

Will probably do that since it's better to hear from the "horses mouth" :lol:

Thanks.

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2396
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:19 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Immunisation records for Pri 1 registration

Postby SMM100 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:13 pm

hi ,i need some help on this:

Refer to the child’s Immunisation Certificates which is one of the required documents for Primary One Registration Exercise.

My Kid has not completed the 2nd dose of vaccination - MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella), will this affect /delay the registration this coming july ?
I have already have a copy of immunisation certificate which endorsed by the PD. ( but without the 2nd dose of MMR).

SMM100
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:53 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Immunisation records for Pri 1 registration

Postby MMM » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:32 pm

SMM100 wrote:hi ,i need some help on this:

Refer to the child’s Immunisation Certificates which is one of the required documents for Primary One Registration Exercise.

My Kid has not completed the 2nd dose of vaccination - MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella), will this affect /delay the registration this coming july ?
I have already have a copy of immunisation certificate which endorsed by the PD. ( but without the 2nd dose of MMR).


Logically the purpose of the immunisation certificates is for MOH to track where the kids are in terms of their vaccination.

My ds missed some vac and I think it was 2nd dose of MMR. Think he had fever, etc... and we didn't let him take the jab subsequently. As he is the 2nd child, he fall under phase 1 so the certificate wasn't required upfront. But if it was required, I think we were ready to give them the records with all the PD signature.

But what the nurses subsequently did was to give him the jab that he missed out. So he ended up with more vac as compared to his friends. You might want to consult the PD/ GP if he can still take the jab that he missed.

But if you feel strongly about the jab, you can always have it done by the doctors outside.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 4734
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:28 pm
Total Likes: 77



Re: Immunisation records for Pri 1 registration

Postby ammonite » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:54 pm

ZacK wrote:Hi just wanted to find out from parents who have gone thru the daunting task of registering their little ones for Pri1.

Read from MOE website that kids must have completed all listed immunisations.

We didnt follow the immunisation schedules stated in the health booklets due to having read how some immunisations have gone wrong to affect the child adversely... So we delayed most of the required shots till our boy was much older. Anyway right now he has Hep B shots outstanding and just wanted to find out if the school will make any issue with this if we decide not to have him immunised before he starts Pri1?

Thanks.


The measles shot must definitely be done before P1. My son is excused from some shots due to allergic reaction, but measles must be done.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:13 am
Total Likes: 64


Re: Immunisation records for Pri 1 registration

Postby SMM100 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:01 pm

hi,
as I know this 2nd dose of MMR used to be administered when the kid has reached primary one .(abt 6)
Only in these recent years ( think.. is yr 2011 ) MOH has pull in date of 2nd dose…

So does it mean that the kid must have completed the 2nd dose before the pri registration?

SMM100
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:53 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Immunisation records for Pri 1 registration

Postby sembgal » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:19 am

My child had her 2nd dose MMRV jab taken last year when 5 years old and we were issued with the certificate to indicate completion of required jabs. Hope this info helps you as the child is suppose to acquire all necessary jabs before registration for Pri 1.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2941
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:36 pm
Total Likes: 39


Re: Immunisation records for Pri 1 registration

Postby SMM100 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:39 pm

:thankyou:

SMM100
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:53 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Immunisation records for Pri 1 registration

Postby hoo1688 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:39 pm

No MMR D2.

I had the same problem, there is no record of MMR D2 in the summary of immunisation but the polyclinic had issued me the certificate of vaccination.

I had checked with the polyclinic's staff (last Saturday): under the old system MMR D2 will be done at school, now they had changed it to 18 month (push forward).

therefore I can arrange with the polyclinic to jab it now or do it the latest in school.

hoo1688
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1069
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:17 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration