Keep textbooks in schools. Good idea?

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Keep textbooks in schools. Good idea?

Postby zyberk » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi,

During my daughter's orientation session, we were informed that the textbooks will be kept in school. Its to lessen the weight of the children's school bag.

Is this a good idea? How then can the student do revision or prepare for the next day lessons?

Any parents been in such situations?

Thanks.

zyberk
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby lizawa » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:59 pm

You can keep those not so important text books (eg. CME, Health Education, Art and Music) in school. the core books may be needed for revision for tests, so just in case they forget to bring back before the tests.

lizawa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby caroline3sg » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:12 pm

zyberk
Get 2 sets of textbooks. There was a time when kiasu parents did just that.

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby zyberk » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:40 pm

caroline3sg wrote:zyberk
Get 2 sets of textbooks. There was a time when kiasu parents did just that.

hehehe ... we were contemplating on that idea ... but is that the best solution? Can the school actually insist on keeping the textbooks? Its good if parents were given the choice.

zyberk
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby caroline3sg » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:23 am

Hi
My SIL brought back from church pass down textbooks. You can have them if they matches.

Available
My Pals are Here 1A&B
New Primary Chinese 1A&B

Not for fuzzy parents

Collection: CCK/Yew Tee

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby amylqf » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:59 pm

My girl is @poi ching tampines. Also keep the text book @school. not sure if they will bring back text book to do homework or not.

I have a spare sets of pass-down text book @home, but not all subject as some of them are newly published.

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:40 pm

amylqf wrote:My girl is @poi ching tampines. Also keep the text book @school. not sure if they will bring back text book to do homework or not.

I have a spare sets of pass-down text book @home, but not all subject as some of them are newly published.

Just curious, if you keep text books at school, how do your children refer to them for homework?

My son reads his science text books like reading story books. Had to pull it away from him when he was eating lunch today :|

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby amylqf » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:30 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
amylqf wrote:My girl is @poi ching tampines. Also keep the text book @school. not sure if they will bring back text book to do homework or not.

Just curious, if you keep text books at school, how do your children refer to them for homework?

My son reads his science text books like reading story books. Had to pull it away from him when he was eating lunch today :|

I am not sure how the school manage this yet. Maybe just bring back the text book that has homework. The rest of the book, like music, social study, art text book can keep @ school.

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration