Choosing and Evaluating Primary Schools

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Choosing and Evaluating Primary Schools

Post by Davischew » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:02 pm

Heyhohey wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:29 pm
Hi anyone know 2a1 Henry park next year if chance ballot cos 2018 surprise was ballot so just wanna ask.
We can’t know the chance for sure, so safest is to join Alumni since already have history of 2A1 risk. If too late to join then no choice just pray.

Heyhohey
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Heyhohey » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi is it cos of dragon year that 2a1 was ballot for Henry park?

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Davischew » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:07 pm

Heyhohey wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:37 pm
Very highly likely

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Post by zac's mum » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:59 pm

Davischew wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:07 pm
Heyhohey wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:37 pm
Very highly likely
So for the SG50 and SG51 baby boom cohort, also highly possible.

But why do you need to know? If you can move house, then move house. If you cannot move, then no use asking anyway.

howyuin
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by howyuin » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:16 pm

Anyone can share where to get the ballot history for dragon year kids? Want to have a bench mark against the sg50 babies when it's their turn.

firstda
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by firstda » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:53 am

It is somewhere in this website.

Alternatively you can refer to the below

https://elite.com.sg/primary-schools

hb
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by hb » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:42 am

I don't think there is a neat summary of the 2018 results, but you can work it out from the tables here: https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/foru ... =5&t=91621

Or work backwards from here: https://balloting.xyz/

Or if you have a particular school in mind, someone will probably know the ballot history.

kancheongparent
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: 2015 P1 Registration Exercise for 2016 In-Take

Post by kancheongparent » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:59 am

qms wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:07 pm
mashy wrote:Oic. Thanks for clarifying. so those who worked for more than 6 years overseas, the space really wasted, esp if it is in a very popular school.
Actually, if the parents don't plan to return to Singapore in the short term, they should not apply for a place in a school in Singapore during the annual P1 registration for their child. They should write to MOE with proof of overseas work assignment(s) as well as documents to certify that the child will be receiving education overseas. This is MOE's recommended course of action for such cases.

All they need to do is to write to MOE again if they decide to come back to Singapore. MOE will help the child find a place in a school here.

Meanwhile, if the parents want to expose their child to the school environment here, he or she may join in the immersion program meant for overseas Singaporeans. The child is able to attend lessons for a period of two weeks to a month in a local school just like any other kids here.
Hi everyone, i'm a first time poster, kindly bear with me as i learn the etiquette *paiseh*

i've just been posted abroad for 3-4 years, and my son's P1 registration will happen during this time. And because of my absence, i would not be able to volunteer at the RC. While we live within 1km of our preferred primary school, we're still worried that we cannot get in.

Could i please seek advice from the kind folks here?

deeply grateful,
kancheongparent

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Post by floppy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:24 pm

kancheongparent wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:59 am

Hi everyone, i'm a first time poster, kindly bear with me as i learn the etiquette *paiseh*

i've just been posted abroad for 3-4 years, and my son's P1 registration will happen during this time. And because of my absence, i would not be able to volunteer at the RC. While we live within 1km of our preferred primary school, we're still worried that we cannot get in.

deeply grateful,
kancheongparent
TBF, there's no advice to give*

If you are unable to volunteer at the RC, it means you would not be getting the recommendation. In short, you will not be eligible for Phase 2B.

Given that you live within 1km of your preferred primary school, you are guaranteed a balloting chance in Phase 2C. If you are lucky, you get in. If not, you don't.

You can worry all you want, but there's nothing you can do about it*

*unless you reject your posting and stay back in Singapore or your spouse stays back and volunteer in the RC.

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Davischew » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:30 pm

kancheongparent wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:59 am
qms wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:07 pm
mashy wrote:Oic. Thanks for clarifying. so those who worked for more than 6 years overseas, the space really wasted, esp if it is in a very popular school.
Actually, if the parents don't plan to return to Singapore in the short term, they should not apply for a place in a school in Singapore during the annual P1 registration for their child. They should write to MOE with proof of overseas work assignment(s) as well as documents to certify that the child will be receiving education overseas. This is MOE's recommended course of action for such cases.

All they need to do is to write to MOE again if they decide to come back to Singapore. MOE will help the child find a place in a school here.

Meanwhile, if the parents want to expose their child to the school environment here, he or she may join in the immersion program meant for overseas Singaporeans. The child is able to attend lessons for a period of two weeks to a month in a local school just like any other kids here.

deeply grateful,
kancheongparent
If you don’t mind, which school/area you are in ? Maybe high chance of <1km for your boy