[Yishun] Primary Schools

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Which is your preferred school in Yishun?

Ahmad Ibrahim Primary
13
3%
Chongfu Primary
195
50%
Huamin Primary
7
2%
Jiemin Primary
16
4%
Naval Base Primary
6
2%
North View Primary
10
3%
Northland Primary
111
28%
Peiying Primary
10
3%
Xishan Primary
4
1%
Yishun Primary
20
5%
 
Total votes : 392

[Yishun] Primary Schools

Postby 2galsmum » Sat May 24, 2008 4:50 pm

[Moderator's Note: For Balloting History of Yishun schools, click here.]

Hi,

My girl is registering in primary one this coming July, she has a few choices:-

1) Sembawang Pri - Phase 2C(1km)

2) Ahmad Ibrahim Pri - Phase 2C (1km)

3) North View Pri - Phase 2C (1km)

4) Northland Pri - Phase 2C (2 km) - using my mum as guardian (but unlikely cos think my mum house is more than 1 km)

5) Jiemin Pri - Phase 2A - As I am a former student from there and its near to my mum house as well. Good for convenient

Actually I join the clan but was not eiligible as my membership is less than a year.

Please advice which school should be seriously considered. I know northland is good compared to the rest, but the chances will be very very slim.

Thanks :roll:

2galsmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 3:52 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby deang » Sun May 25, 2008 8:52 am

Why chongfu is not in your list? It should be nearer for you compared to NorthLand. And I thought being a clan will put you on Phase 2B?

My girl is to register next year but I cannot find current member willing to be sponsor. They must have received some other people help to become a member but have reservation to help others.

deang
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 12:55 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby 2galsmum » Sun May 25, 2008 5:11 pm

deang wrote:Why chongfu is not in your list? It should be nearer for you compared to NorthLand. And I thought being a clan will put you on Phase 2B?

My girl is to register next year but I cannot find current member willing to be sponsor. They must have received some other people help to become a member but have reservation to help others.


Hi there,

Chongfu is not in my list cos I am still not qualified for the clan to recommend me, my membership is less than a year (so sad). So most likely I will fall under Phase 2C (1to2km) or maybe Phase 3 category.

Right now I am waiting for the June 18 list to come out whether Northland is within 1 km to my mum's house (need declaration).

Any more comments on the rest of the schools.

Thank.

2galsmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 3:52 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: [Yishun] Primary Schools

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:25 pm

2galsmum, I think you can count Northland out since you are not within 1km and the take up rate this year for Northland is very hot. Very likely balloting in Phase 2C for people staying within 1km only.

I hope you have gotten a place in Jiemin under Phase 2A because that would have been the best decision given the choices you have.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Postby 2galsmum » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:34 pm

Hmmmmm, no I have not got a place in Jiemin....due to the following reasons:-

1) I am 1 km away from Sembawang Pri and 2 km away from Wellington.........and they should have vacancies in Phase 2C category, i guess
2) I feel that Jiemin is about the same as the above 2 schools so might as well try my luck in Chong Fu first....
3) Am keeping my fingers cross on next tuesday recommendation from Huay Kwan for Chong Fu as I am 2 km away from Chong Fu as well, Gracious! Maybe my estate is new, so not registered in last year list....this year list sounds good.......if under Huay Kuan's recommendation, then I fall into phase 2B - 2 km category

Can you advise on the chances in Chong Fu as well as Sembawang/ Wellington?

Thanks

2galsmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 3:52 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:55 pm

2galsmum wrote:Hmmmmm, no I have not got a place in Jiemin....due to the following reasons:-

1) I am 1 km away from Sembawang Pri and 2 km away from Wellington.........and they should have vacancies in Phase 2C category, i guess
2) I feel that Jiemin is about the same as the above 2 schools so might as well try my luck in Chong Fu first....
3) Am keeping my fingers cross on next tuesday recommendation from Huay Kwan for Chong Fu as I am 2 km away from Chong Fu as well, Gracious! Maybe my estate is new, so not registered in last year list....this year list sounds good.......if under Huay Kuan's recommendation, then I fall into phase 2B - 2 km category

Can you advise on the chances in Chong Fu as well as Sembawang/ Wellington?

Thanks


Um... shouldn't you already have gotten your letter from the clan yet? Phase 2B is going to start next week!

Anyway, Chongfu is likely to have balloting for greater than 2km in Phase 2B... the take up rate this year for 1 and 2A is slightly higher than last year's.

It's a pretty foolhardy strategy you are taking... to give up a sure place in an above average school to try for a better school, failing which you will have to be contented with some average schools. Wish you the best of luck!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Postby 2galsmum » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:00 pm

sigh.....your reply don't sounds encouraging..... and only after phase 2A results.....

How do you tell Jiemin is an above average school compared to Sembawang and Wellington? I remember you listing down the schools with Sembawang in priortize sequence with Sembawang ahead of Jiemin....

Thanks

2galsmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 3:52 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby 2galsmum » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:10 pm

oops, btw, I am within 1-2 km from Chong Fu......not more than 2km....

Chances slim?

Let's say I miss Chong Fu, Wellington/ Sembawang....please advise.

Thanks

2galsmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 3:52 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:13 pm

2galsmum wrote:sigh.....your reply don't sounds encouraging..... and only after phase 2A results.....

How do you tell Jiemin is an above average school compared to Sembawang and Wellington? I remember you listing down the schools with Sembawang in priortize sequence with Sembawang ahead of Jiemin....

Thanks


Sembawang? Oops... I thought we were talking about Yishun. Guess I missed out that option for you completely. Well I guess you are living at the edge so that you are so close to it. Good for you. Yes, I do like Sembawang Primary because it has produced pretty good students for PSLE in the last 2 years... if they can continue that trend in this year's PSLE, I'd be a firm believer that they have turned round the corner. Jiemin, however, is a much more popular school than Sembawang, so it does seem a waste that you have thrown away that chance... anyway, if you can get into Chongfu, that will easily vindicate your strategy.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Postby 2galsmum » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:17 pm

For info...

Recommendation from clan will have to wait until phase 2A results out. They will priortize the recommendation based on the no. of vacancies left and the no. of years you have joined the clan.

Cheers and good luck to every one out there!

2galsmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 3:52 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration