LEARNConcierge

All About Church/Clan/Society Membership

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Re: All About Church/Clan/Society Membership

Postby Judymum » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:59 pm

Wonderzwhy wrote:
Judymum wrote:
Wonderzwhy wrote:Ya mentally prepared. It's so tough to get the volunteer slots. So fast taken up. Just hope chongfu is less popular

Hi, I am a newbie here. I plan to enrol my first son born in 2014 in Chong Fu also. Pls adv how should I start to be a PV in Chong FU? Did you join SHHK also?

My hubby joined SHHK. Sch PV rejected so go through SHHK

any idea why rejected? what requirement in order to be approved be a PV?

Judymum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Orb » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:59 pm

Judymum wrote:
floppy wrote:
Judymum wrote:
Hi, I am a newbie here. I plan to enrol my first son born in 2014 in Chong Fu also. Pls adv how should I start to be a PV in Chong FU? Did you join SHHK also?

To go via the SHHK route, you should ideally have 4 years tenure as a member at time of application to be safe of a recommendation. As it is, you will be slightly short of being safe. Thus, you should try to sign up with the clan asap.

4 years? so means I have to join by this year? but the member fee is quite pricy..if join SHHK also no guarantee can enrol to the school right?

Join SHHK, there's no guarantee you get the recommendation letter. Even if you did get the letter and there's a need to ballot, there's no guarantee you will be able to get into the school

Orb
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Wonderzwhy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:25 pm

Hi, I am a newbie here. I plan to enrol my first son born in 2014 in Chong Fu also. Pls adv how should I start to be a PV in Chong FU? Did you join SHHK also?[/quote]

any idea why rejected? what requirement in order to be approved be a PV?[/quote]

Chongfu didn't disclose the reasons. Heard that 20 accepted only per year but not sure if it's true. No harm calling the school to ask and send in your application.

Wonderzwhy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby floppy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:21 am

Orb wrote:
Judymum wrote:
4 years? so means I have to join by this year? but the member fee is quite pricy..if join SHHK also no guarantee can enrol to the school right?

Join SHHK, there's no guarantee you get the recommendation letter. Even if you did get the letter and there's a need to ballot, there's no guarantee you will be able to get into the school

If you don't join, it's guarantee that you won't be able to participate in Phase 2B (unless you can go via PV or GRL route).
If you join too late, you can only bang your head if you are unable to secure the recommendation due to tenure or not enough time / chances to clock those volunteer hours.
Comparing the cost of joining the clan vs the cost of missing out an opportunity at Phase 2B, which is more costly?

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby heisenberg » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:47 pm

Dear Parents,

I am looking to join the Singapore Hokkien Huay Guan and need 2 kind members to be sponsors. Please kindly PM me if you know someone who can help. Willing to meet at your convenience. Much appreciated! Thanks.

:thankyou:

heisenberg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Minibui » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:09 pm

I have been a SHHK member for more than 4 years. Do I also need to do volunteer work with the clan in order to get a recommendation letter for 2b? Does anyone know how "active" one has to be?

Minibui
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby floppy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:12 pm

Minibui wrote:I have been a SHHK member for more than 4 years. Do I also need to do volunteer work with the clan in order to get a recommendation letter for 2b? Does anyone know how "active" one has to be?

Err... since you are an existing member (and a fairly long one), shouldn't you have better insights that us?

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby daphlau » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:28 am

floppy wrote:
Minibui wrote:I have been a SHHK member for more than 4 years. Do I also need to do volunteer work with the clan in order to get a recommendation letter for 2b? Does anyone know how "active" one has to be?

Err... since you are an existing member (and a fairly long one), shouldn't you have better insights that us?

I would like some insight too thank you :evil: :wink:

daphlau
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Calwen » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:54 am

Hi!

Am interested to join the Singapore Hokkien Huay Guan but I do not have the network. Will any 2 kind members help? Willing to meet at your convenience. Much appreciated!

:thankyou:

Calwen
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kathleentan40 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:35 am

Hi everyone,
I am going to join the Singapore Hokkien clan member to register my 1st born into afflicted schools in FY2020. I desperately need two kind members to help to nominate me please. I have tried asking around but to no avail. Please kindly PM or email me at: kathleentansiewlay@gmail.com if you can help me. I will meet you at your own convenience. Thank you very much!

kathleentan40
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration

LEARNConcierge