All About Church/Clan/Society Membership

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Re: All About Church/Clan/Society Membership

Post by zac's mum » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:02 am

floppy wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:07 am
samsung77 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:01 pm
Its almost 200% impossible to enter into MGS even if you are in Phase 2B within 1km. Been there, done that.
Impossible is 100% incorrect. Given that, in the worst case scenario, there will still be 20 places remaining in Phase 2B, it's just a matter of luck to get in. Thus, it's possible, but odds aren't that good, that's all.
If you are a Methodist living <1km of MGS, there’s no other school that you can apply to in phase 2B anyway. Everyone in such situation will try the ballot for those (minimum) 20 places. Unless you want a confirmed place - then u can apply straight to Geylang Methodist Primary. No competition there at 2B.

Rainbow17
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Rainbow17 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:08 pm

hello, would like to know if we are under phase 2B and looking at Maris Stella but is out of 2km. What r the chances of us entering the school?

I think we have no chance at Catholic High under 2B if we are staying 1km to 2km right?

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by zac's mum » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:03 pm

Rainbow17 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:08 pm
hello, would like to know if we are under phase 2B and looking at Maris Stella but is out of 2km. What r the chances of us entering the school?

I think we have no chance at Catholic High under 2B if we are staying 1km to 2km right?
Phase 2B usually has balloting for SCs >2km for Maris Stella.

And balloting for SCs <1km for Catholic High.

Rainbow17
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Rainbow17 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:26 pm

Thanks Zac’s mum! Would you know what are the chances for Maris Stella if distance is greater than 2km?

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by zac's mum » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:11 am

Rainbow17 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:26 pm
Thanks Zac’s mum! Would you know what are the chances for Maris Stella if distance is greater than 2km?
Usually...meaning in most past years...>2km will get a chance to undergo balloting. If you do get a chance this year, good. There’s no other school you can or would apply to under 2B anyway right??

Take a look at the balloting history for MSHS here:
https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/article/toa-payoh/

But...given the swarm of new Bidadari <1km owners expected to apply to MSHS this year, I dunno how many are Catholics. So...you may be edged out and never get a chance to ballot. Distance priority wins.

KSP 2019 balloting risk analysis is out. I dunno why it wasn’t publicized here. I got it by email as a subscriber:

https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/arti ... ting-risk/

Rainbow17
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Rainbow17 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:46 am

zac's mum wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:11 am
Rainbow17 wrote:
Usually...meaning in most past years...>2km will get a chance to undergo balloting. If you do get a chance this year, good. There’s no other school you can or would apply to under 2B anyway right??

But...given the swarm of new Bidadari <1km owners expected to apply to MSHS this year, I dunno how many are Catholics. So...you may be edged out and never get a chance to ballot. Distance priority wins.

KSP 2019 balloting risk analysis is out. I dunno why it wasn’t publicized here. I got it by email as a subscriber:

Thanks so much for sharing with me. How do i read the balloting results? % means chances of balloting?

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by zac's mum » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:13 pm

Rainbow17 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:46 am
zac's mum wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:11 am
Rainbow17 wrote:

Thanks so much for sharing with me. How do i read the balloting results? % means chances of balloting?
% is the percentage of actual oversubscription in that year (ie total number of applicants/total number of vacancies for that phase x 100).

Those boxes with colours are *actual* balloting in those years (not chance of balloting k). Means most likely later years will have balloting for those distance too.

Andreapakchan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Andreapakchan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi, my son is a baptised Catholic but my husband and I are not. Are we considered phase 2B or phase 2C?

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by zac's mum » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:39 pm

Andreapakchan wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:44 pm
Hi, my son is a baptised Catholic but my husband and I are not. Are we considered phase 2B or phase 2C?
That is quite unusual. Check with the school.

baby_ayumi
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by baby_ayumi » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:52 pm

Andreapakchan wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:44 pm
3 of the catholic schools I enquired requires either 1 parent to be baptized, child not necessary, to be eligible for 2b. Check directly with the school you are aiming for