[Woodlands] Primary Schools

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Which is your preferred school in Woodlands?

Admiralty Primary
20%
Evergreen Primary
9%
Fuchun Primary
6%
Greenwood Primary
8%
Innova Primary
21%
Marsiling Primary
2%
Qihua Primary
4%
Si Ling Primary
4%
Woodgrove Primary
12%
Woodlands Primary
6%
Woodlands Ring Primary
7%

Total votes : 384

Postby berriejam » Fri May 02, 2008 11:41 pm

[Moderator's Note: For Balloting History of Woodlands schools, click here.]

I am staying in the north of singapore and quite sure I am >2km away from most school. In the north, even good sch like Chongfu is > 2km away for me. Doing PV work also would not guarantee me a place for mykid. Any one has good advise for me? What should I do? Move house? Donation? anyone has experience to share?

2012 P1 Registration Balloting Statistics (SC<1km, 1km<SC<2km, SC>2km, PR<1km, 1km<PR<2km, PR>2km)

P2C

Admiralty Primary
Evergreen Primary
Fuchun Primary
Greenwood Primary
Innova Primary - 127 applicants vs 76 places
Marsiling Primary
Qihua Primary
Si Ling Primary
Woodgrove Primary
Woodlands Primary - 62 applicants vs 57 places
Woodlands Ring Primary

berriejam
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: I am staying >2km away from most school in spore! Hel

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat May 03, 2008 12:06 am

berriejam wrote:I am staying in the north of singapore and quite sure I am >2km away from most school. In the north, even good sch like Chongfu is > 2km away for me. Doing PV work also would not guarantee me a place for mykid. Any one has good advise for me? What should I do? Move house? Donation? anyone has experience to share?

What do you think of sending your child to either yours or your wife's alma mater, assuming that it is convenient to do so?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby berriejam » Sat May 03, 2008 9:35 am

my HB's school closed down already, myself was from a neighbourhood school that is way too far for us to travel now. I am very willing to do PV work, but my only worry is it will all be fruitless if end up balloting in the end.

berriejam
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat May 03, 2008 10:37 am

berriejam wrote:my HB's school closed down already, myself was from a neighbourhood school that is way too far for us to travel now. I am very willing to do PV work, but my only worry is it will all be fruitless if end up balloting in the end.

You should first get an idea of what primary schools are near you, and then find out more about them. The schools will normally hold open houses in June or July... that's when you can go find out more about them.

Unfortunately, most of the popular schools are in the south or east of singapore. Off the top of my head, the better schools in the north in order of preference are:
Chongfu
Northland
Si Ling
Admiralty
Evergreen
Woodgrove
Sembawang
Pei Ying
Woodlands
Yishun
Jiemin

Surely you can find some in the list that are close to you.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby berriejam » Sun May 04, 2008 10:58 am

Think nearer one will be Northland, but it is also outside 2km from my house. So no guarantee too. But I would like to aim for a SAP school, and think there are none in the north. I am near upp Thomson, so Ai Tong is in my consideration too. But it;s too popular. Any idea where I can get statistic for the last few years balloting schools? So that I can have a better idea which one I can attempt for without facing too much balloting competitions?

berriejam
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jedamum » Sun May 04, 2008 2:34 pm

berriejam wrote:Think nearer one will be Northland, but it is also outside 2km from my house. So no guarantee too. But I would like to aim for a SAP school, and think there are none in the north. I am near upp Thomson, so Ai Tong is in my consideration too. But it;s too popular. Any idea where I can get statistic for the last few years balloting schools? So that I can have a better idea which one I can attempt for without facing too much balloting competitions?

you've come to the right place. :)
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... .php?t=137

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby berriejam » Fri May 09, 2008 9:27 pm

anyone has the statistics for the few years back? I need to have a feel of the trend. Any advice for me? Should I PV for Chongfu or Ai Tong ?

berriejam
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby titank » Thu May 29, 2008 8:23 am

Hi All,

Just help a relative to seek advise on a recommendation of Primary School for 2009 intake. Very likely only enroll in Phase 2C as both parent did not perform any PV.

Reference Point is stayiing at Blk 303 Woodlands St 31, near to Marsiling MRT.

The 2 nearest pri School are as follow:

(i) Marsiling Primary
(ii) Fuchun Primary
Last edited by titank on Fri May 30, 2008 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Admiralty Primary School

Postby iris chan » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:00 pm

[Moderator's Note: Threads merged.]

I just wondering how your feel about Admiralty Primary School? Cause my child is going to Pri 1 on Year 2010.. Please help...

iris chan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Shmum » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:12 am

Hi Iris Chan,

My nephews study in Admiralty Primary School. It is a popular school in Woodlands and always subject to balloting esp for Phase 2C. According to my sister-in-law, she feels that Evergreen and Greenwood Primary School is better. She advises me not to register my kid in Admiralty Primary School.

I am thinking to register my kid in Chong Fu but we are staying >2km. The chances of balloting in Phase 2B is very high. Hence, quite likely to do PV at Evergreen as it is also another popular school which subjected to balloting for Phase 2C yearly.

Regards,
Shmum

Shmum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration