All About Parent Volunteers (PV)

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
laikok
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: All About Parent Volunteers (PV)

Post by laikok » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi All,

My 2 cents after going to a condo preview near ACS. As much as PV helps, its does not secure placement if u r outside 1km. Particularly if you consider population density.

Had made some major investment for 1km to sch n also PV to get higher chance.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:120

Post by zac's mum » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:16 pm

laikok wrote:Hi All,

My 2 cents after going to a condo preview near ACS. As much as PV helps, its does not secure placement if u r outside 1km. Particularly if you consider population density.

Had made some major investment for 1km to sch n also PV to get higher chance.
ACS does not take PV for phase 2B purposes.

laikok
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by laikok » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:16 am

zac's mum wrote:ACS does not take PV for phase 2B purposes.
Hi, Thanks for sharing, am also doing GRL.. kiasu parent .. so try all ways... 1km home, PV, GRL, all try lor
:lol: :smile:

Beckz
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Beckz » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:19 am

Hi, Im a Newbie here and would like to ask for help in the interview questions they ask during the parent volunteers interview at St Hilda's Primary?? My interview is this Friday.. :sweat:
Thank You!

Beckz
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Beckz » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:26 am

AhLeeBaba wrote:Anyone applied for PV at St Hildas for 2014 babies?
Me.. Just received notification on Monday to attend an interview this Friday.

Mummy_East
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Mummy_East » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:05 pm

Hi All. Anyone trying for PV at Red Swastika? How's the interview like and what are the preferred contributions (i.e arts, science or any sports in particular)? I'm looking to put my child in this school but looks like noone is talking about PV for RSS but i really don't want to risk is at 2C.

What are the odds like for SC within 1km?

santarina
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by santarina » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi, I would like to check if I'm living between 1km to 2km of my intended primary school, will I still be considered under phase 2B under PV? Is there a difference between <1km and between 1km to 2km PV ballot chances?

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:208

Post by floppy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:04 pm

santarina wrote:Hi, I would like to check if I'm living between 1km to 2km of my intended primary school, will I still be considered under phase 2B under PV? Is there a difference between <1km and between 1km to 2km PV ballot chances?
Phase is phase.
Distance is distance.
Suggestion you familiarise yourself with this first:
https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/prima ... ion/phases

Decision to accept you as a PV is dependent on school. Whether the school is willing to consider someone > 1km or < 1km is up to them.

greg3372
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by greg3372 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:21 pm

Hi parents,

I am Greg, a 3rd year Mass Communication student from Ngee Ann Polytechnic.

Recently, my friend told me that her father volunteered for St. Hilda’s Primary School as a security guard more than 10 years ago. As a result of his contribution to the school, both my friend and her brother was able to secure a spot in St. Hilda’s Primary School.

She did not know about this until a few years back when her mum told her.

Hearing this story really inspired me to want to shed light on the amount of effort parents put in for their children’s education.

I want to make a video which documents the contributions parent volunteers make such that their child gets into the school of their choice. Other efforts such as moving into the vicinity of the desired school or joining an affiliated organisations just so that your child gets into your desired school would also help make a compelling and heartwarming story.

If you are interested in sharing your story with me, please contact me (call,SMS,whatsapp,telegram) at +65 84321303.

Thank you.

Katherinetsl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Katherinetsl » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:15 pm

Can I check whether it is worth doing pv for the following school:
Hougang Pri
Rosyth
Xinmin pri

All are within 1km from my house...
I have no skill set and not sure if any of the school want me to do pv also, haha...we are no highly educated kind of parents, so...headache over this issue...