All About Parent Volunteers (PV)

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:210

Re: All About Parent Volunteers (PV)

Post by floppy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:56 pm

Katherinetsl wrote:Can I check whether it is worth doing pv for the following school:
Hougang Pri
Rosyth
Xinmin pri

All are within 1km from my house...
I have no skill set and not sure if any of the school want me to do pv also, haha...we are no highly educated kind of parents, so...headache over this issue...
You shouldn’t worry about the “worth it?” question now.

PV is a process whereby the school has to choose you first. If you don’t get selected, you won’t have a headache.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:254

Post by phtthp » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:35 pm

floppy wrote:
Katherinetsl wrote:Can I check whether it is worth doing pv for the following school:
Hougang Pri
Rosyth
Xinmin pri

I have no skill set and not sure if any of the school want me to do pv also, haha...we are no highly educated kind of parents, so...headache over this issue...
don't worry un-necessarily. Just apply for PV, for those schools u are keen in.

only after the school select u for PV, then make a decision whether u still want it or prefer to go back Maha Bodhi.

Katherinetsl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Katherinetsl » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:46 pm

floppy wrote:
Hougang Pri
Rosyth
Xinmin pri

You shouldn’t worry about the “worth it?” question now.

PV is a process whereby the school has to choose you first. If you don’t get selected, you won’t have a headache.
yes I understand, thanks. Cause not sure which school to enrol my boy also. Will also be considering Holy Innocent

littlebunny
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by littlebunny » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Hi there,

Can anyone provide advice....

We are staying within 1km from HIPS and the 2C balloting in P1 2019 was unsuccessful.

We are in the waiting list and went to MP for assistance and now still in the waiting list for HIPS.

My daughter is now in Xinghua Primary School which is second nearest to us.

My question is, we are starting to inquire parent volunteer for my son (born in 2014) in order to be in phase 2B HIPS 2021 registration.

In the case if my son won the balloting in either 2B or 2C for a seat in HIPS,
what is the chances we could bring over my daughter from XHPS?

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:210

Post by floppy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:55 pm

littlebunny wrote: ...
You daughter chances of success is independent of your son's balloting.

Hence, it's entirely possible that your son will start his school in HIPS while your daughter will remain in XHPS until a vacancy arises. You will have to be prepared to run around 2 different schools. In addition, when the opportunity to transfer arises, you will have to assess whether it will be in your daughter's best interest to join HIPS given that she has to get used to a new school environment, new friends, HCL, etc.

littlebunny
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by littlebunny » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:36 am

floppy wrote:
littlebunny wrote: ...
You daughter chances of success is independent of your son's balloting.

Hence, it's entirely possible that your son will start his school in HIPS while your daughter will remain in XHPS until a vacancy arises. You will have to be prepared to run around 2 different schools. In addition, when the opportunity to transfer arises, you will have to assess whether it will be in your daughter's best interest to join HIPS given that she has to get used to a new school environment, new friends, HCL, etc.
Thank you very much for the advice/points, floppy.

1516 mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by 1516 mummy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:38 pm

Hi did any parent did PV at Keming Pri? Is it a compulsory that you will get the letter after the completion of PV to secure a place in Phase 2B? Will distance within 1-2km pull down my chance for PV?

violetbebe
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by violetbebe » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:08 pm

Help. No idea how to prepare the proposal for parent volunteer application. No specific skill to offer.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:127

Post by zac's mum » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:32 pm

violetbebe wrote:Help. No idea how to prepare the proposal for parent volunteer application. No specific skill to offer.
Everybody has some skills. Don’t put yourself down. As a parent with kids I’m sure you can find some way to relate to kids and engage them even eg storytelling or demo art & craft. Even if too shy you can help decorate the school or sew dance costumes, paint simple stage props for plays etc etc etc.

violetbebe
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by violetbebe » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:47 pm

zac's mum wrote:
violetbebe wrote:Help. No idea how to prepare the proposal for parent volunteer application. No specific skill to offer.
Everybody has some skills. Don’t put yourself down. As a parent with kids I’m sure you can find some way to relate to kids and engage them even eg storytelling or demo art & craft. Even if too shy you can help decorate the school or sew dance costumes, paint simple stage props for plays etc etc etc.
thanks for the kind words. :love: