All About Parent Volunteers (PV)

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
Vicky2016
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Parent Volunteers (PV)

Post by Vicky2016 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:28 am

Hello there!
My girl is born in 2016. I plan to apply as a parent volunteer in st Hilda's primary school next year. Unfortunately, it is not within 1 or 2 km from my house.( I stay near gongshang primary) Can anyone advise if it is worth to try out ? I prefer my girl to attend a missionary school. 😶 Plus does anyone have tips to gain the role as PV in this school. Thanks
Last edited by Vicky2016 on Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:209

Post by floppy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:20 am

Vicky2016 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:27 am
Hello there!
My girl is born in 2016. I plan to apply as a parent volunteer in st Hilda's primary school. Unfortunately, it is not within 1 or 2 km from my house. Can anyone advise if it is worth to try out ? I prefer my girl to attend a missionary school. 😶 Plus does anyone have tips to gain the role as PV in this school. Thanks
My suggestion is don’t bother. You are wasting time as SHPS will ballot at Phase 2B.

On a good year for you, you will probably get to ballot for a few limited place (and if you fail, Phase 2C is out for you).
On a bad year for you, SHPS will ballot < 2km which mean you don’t stand a chance.

If your priority is a missionary school, I’m quite sure there’s one that’s nearer to you.

tangms23
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by tangms23 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi everyone, i'm new here, my daughter (born in 2016) is 3yrs old this year and i'm planning hard to let her studying in Rulang Primary (we are staying within 1km).

Can anyone advise how and when should i start doing PV for the school?

And should i join the RC (Executive Member) to stand a higher chance?

Thank you in advance and hope to have some advices from everyone soon.

Vicky2016
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Vicky2016 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:14 pm

floppy wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:20 am
Vicky2016 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:27 am
Hello there!
My girl is born in 2016. I plan to apply as a parent volunteer in st Hilda's primary school. Unfortunately, it is not within 1 or 2 km from my house. Can anyone advise if it is worth to try out ? I prefer my girl to attend a missionary school. 😶 Plus does anyone have tips to gain the role as PV in this school. Thanks
My suggestion is don’t bother. You are wasting time as SHPS will ballot at Phase 2B.

On a good year for you, you will probably get to ballot for a few limited place (and if you fail, Phase 2C is out for you).
On a bad year for you, SHPS will ballot < 2km which mean you don’t stand a chance.

If your priority is a missionary school, I’m quite sure there’s one that’s nearer to you.
I just checked onemap.sg. I stay 2.2 km from st Hilda primary and 750 m from gong Shang. Can I apply for those staying 2 km from shps? Pls advise . I don't mind doing parent volunteer too. Thanks

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor
Total Likes:30

Post by qms » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:06 pm

Vicky2016 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:14 pm
I just checked onemap.sg. I stay 2.2 km from st Hilda primary and 750 m from gong Shang. Can I apply for those staying 2 km from shps? Pls advise . I don't mind doing parent volunteer too. Thanks
You should use the School Query function in onemap to confirm the distance category you are in. This is the official source used by schools.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:209

Post by floppy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:19 pm

qms wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:06 pm
Vicky2016 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:14 pm
You should use the School Query function in onemap to confirm the distance category you are in. This is the official source used by schools.
To add, if you are > 2km from the school, doesn't matter whether you are 2.2km, 5km or living in Johore. You are lumped under the same grouping (> 2km).

If you are keen on PV (Phase 2B), you should try Gongshang.
If you are keen on missionary school, you should try St. Anthony’s Canossian. Usually no ballot at Phase 2C.

QQ Star
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by QQ Star » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:43 pm

Sayinggrace44 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:23 pm
I just attended the PV interview at RGPS last week *fingers crossed* Anyone else attended the interview?
May I know your distance to RGPS? Many thanks!

Sayinggrace44
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Sayinggrace44 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:42 pm

QQ Star wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:43 pm
Sayinggrace44 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:23 pm
I just attended the PV interview at RGPS last week *fingers crossed* Anyone else attended the interview?
May I know your distance to RGPS? Many thanks!
I’m staying way beyond 2KM distance.

thesilentgal
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by thesilentgal » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:18 pm

Dear All,

I am interested to enrol my child to Rulang and Nan Hua Primary school, SG 50 baby, Pri 1 registration in 2021.
I am also looking at PV scheme. Is it correct to say that while selecting PVs, the school will also look at the current residential address? I have plans to move within 1 km for Phase 2B or Phase 2C. Is it necessary to move before the PV registration is open which some time next year?

Thank you very much!

Magpies1
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Magpies1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:22 am

I am keen to know more about PV in nan hua. Hope you get it and can share with me. :)
thesilentgal wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:18 pm
Dear All,

I am interested to enrol my child to Rulang and Nan Hua Primary school, SG 50 baby, Pri 1 registration in 2021.
I am also looking at PV scheme. Is it correct to say that while selecting PVs, the school will also look at the current residential address? I have plans to move within 1 km for Phase 2B or Phase 2C. Is it necessary to move before the PV registration is open which some time next year?

Thank you very much!