All About Parent Volunteers (PV)

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
Magpies1
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: All About Parent Volunteers (PV)

Post by Magpies1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:22 am

I am keen to know more about PV in nan hua. Hope you get it and can share with me. :)
thesilentgal wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:18 pm
Dear All,

I am interested to enrol my child to Rulang and Nan Hua Primary school, SG 50 baby, Pri 1 registration in 2021.
I am also looking at PV scheme. Is it correct to say that while selecting PVs, the school will also look at the current residential address? I have plans to move within 1 km for Phase 2B or Phase 2C. Is it necessary to move before the PV registration is open which some time next year?

Thank you very much!

1516 mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by 1516 mummy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:30 pm

I am being selected for an interview on PV...any ideas what questions will be asked?

Janetoh2
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Janetoh2 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:53 pm

Hi parents,

I am a newbie here. I would like to check if Huamin Primary School (Yishun) has parent volunteer program for parents with child to join P1 in year 2021.

Thanks. 

carindale
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by carindale » Tue May 07, 2019 11:30 am

Is there any document I need from the school once i completed my PV hours ? So during the registration phase , do i need to show proof I completed the PV hours?

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Post by zac's mum » Tue May 07, 2019 11:56 am

carindale wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:30 am
Is there any document I need from the school once i completed my PV hours ? So during the registration phase , do i need to show proof I completed the PV hours?
YES! U definitely need the letter from the school stating that you have completed the PV hours for that specific child. The schools should be issuing the letter around May-June. If u don’t receive it in your home letterbox, remember to chase the school.

U need to bring the letter to submit during phase 2B registration.

Vicky2016
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Vicky2016 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:32 pm

qms wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:06 pm
Vicky2016 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:14 pm
I just checked onemap.sg. I stay 2.2 km from st Hilda primary and 750 m from gong Shang. Can I apply for those staying 2 km from shps? Pls advise . I don't mind doing parent volunteer too. Thanks
You should use the School Query function in onemap to confirm the distance category you are in. This is the official source used by schools.
Thanks for the info . After using the school query it shows I am 1.98km from st Hilda's . What r my chances like? I viewed the balloting history but don't really understand it. Sorry for my ignorance. I m keen to apply as a PV and hope someone can share some tips. Tia. :cool:

Vicky2016
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Vicky2016 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:32 pm

qms wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:06 pm
Vicky2016 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:14 pm
I just checked onemap.sg. I stay 2.2 km from st Hilda primary and 750 m from gong Shang. Can I apply for those staying 2 km from shps? Pls advise . I don't mind doing parent volunteer too. Thanks
You should use the School Query function in onemap to confirm the distance category you are in. This is the official source used by schools.
Thanks for the info . After using the school query it shows I am 1.98km from st Hilda's . What r my chances like? I viewed the balloting history but don't really understand it. Sorry for my ignorance. I m keen to apply as a PV and hope someone can share some tips. Tia. :cool:

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Post by zac's mum » Thu May 09, 2019 9:59 pm

OneMap School Query does not show decimal points. It only has <1km or <2km (fixed number category). Are you sure you’re using it correctly??

Vicky2016
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Vicky2016 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:19 am

I think I didn't use it correctly. Thanks for the info.

serinlee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by serinlee » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:59 am

Hi there,

Can I check if anyone of you know which GRC is Temasek Primary school associated with?
And also when is the PV registration for the school?

Thank you.