All About Parent Volunteers (PV)

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
serinlee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Parent Volunteers (PV)

Post by serinlee » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:00 am

Hi there,

Can I check if anyone of you know which GRC is Temasek Primary school associated with?
And also when is the PV registration for the school?

Thank you.

tourktm
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by tourktm » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:34 am

May I know, usually after selected as PV, school will call parents how many weeks later?

We have been waiting for a few months and asked them but so far no PV job yet, and it looks like we need to wait several months more.

In this case, we may be difficult to complete 40 hours?

tiggerpooh
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by tiggerpooh » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:16 pm

I guess it varies fr school to school...

4 ours, we were informed of our successful PV in Jul, n we were able to clock d 40 hrs in 4 mths.

The school didnt even want us to clock more than d 40 hours to let others have the opportunity to complete their 40 hrs.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Post by floppy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:39 pm

tourktm wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:34 am
May I know, usually after selected as PV, school will call parents how many weeks later?

We have been waiting for a few months and asked them but so far no PV job yet, and it looks like we need to wait several months more.

These are the challenges associated with PV.
The first challenge is getting into the scheme. The next challenge is clocking the required hours.

Some schools are proactive in allocating duties; others are reactive. I would suggest that you continue to get in touch with the person ic of PV and let him / her know that you are open for anything - librarian, traffic marshals, book keepers, etc

sansanjs
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by sansanjs » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:10 pm

Anyone know if the school look at the distance of the house when decide on parents volunteer?

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by floppy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:45 pm

sansanjs wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:10 pm
Anyone know if the school look at the distance of the house when decide on parents volunteer?
Differs from school.

tourktm
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by tourktm » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:43 am

floppy wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:39 pm
tourktm wrote:

The first challenge is getting into the scheme. The next challenge is clocking the required hours.

Some schools are proactive in allocating duties; others are reactive. I would suggest that you continue to get in touch with the person ic of PV and let him / her know that you are open for anything - librarian, traffic marshals, book keepers, etc
Thanks tiggerpooh and floppy,

Even though we cannot fulfill 40 hrs by end June, we may have a good chance to transfer later on?

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by floppy » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:16 pm

tourktm wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:43 am
floppy wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:39 pm
tourktm wrote:

Thanks tiggerpooh and floppy,

Even though we cannot fulfill 40 hrs by end June, we may have a good chance to transfer later on?
Impossible to answer your question. Transfer is at the schools’ discretion and there a lot of factors they look into.

Eg there could be Other PV who had clocked more hours but missed out, there could be alumni that had missed out, or there could be compassionate cases / people who lived within 1km but missed out, etc. That said, if you have 'some' hours, but didn't get into the school, you are likely to be viewed more favorably compared to those with no ties to the school.

sansanjs
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by sansanjs » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:41 pm

floppy wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:45 pm
sansanjs wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:10 pm
Differs from school.
Any idea about Radin Mas? And if they accept > 2km will distance still matter? For example 3km vs 10km?

BAmum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by BAmum » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:32 pm

anyone knows when does Pei Chun's PV application opens for 2015 kids?