[Choa Chu Kang] Primary Schools

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Which is your preferred school in Choa Chu Kang?

Chua Chu Kang Primary
8%
Concord Primary
3%
De La Salle
31%
Kranji Primary
1%
South View Primary
33%
Teck Whye Primary
2%
Unity Primary
8%
Yew Tee Primary
13%

Total votes : 509

[Choa Chu Kang] Primary Schools

Postby caroline3sg » Fri May 30, 2008 9:41 am

[Moderator's Note: For Balloting History of Choa Chu Kang schools, click here.]

Hi
I stay at CCK. In terms of distance to schs, they are

1) kranji (walk 5 min)
2) de la salle (walk 10 min)
3) yew tee / unity / south view (feeder bus, about 5 bus stops)
4) choa chu kang (need to change feeder to feeder bus)
5) concord (need to change feeder to feeder bus

my first choice would definitely be de la salle. But there is balloting within 1 km for phase 2C. Recently I heard that even within 1km, there is preference given to Catholics. And someone who isn't Catholic but within 1km was told to withdraw. The good thing it is affialiated to St. Joseph. But I prefer not to have CA. This sch has CA for P2 Math, the rest of subjects has CA from P3.

South view is the 2nd popular sch in CCK, also has ballot in phase 2C. The rest of the sch in CCK has no balloting.

My 2nd choice is choa chu kang pri. But need to take 2 feeders. P1&2 pm session while de la salle is P1,3,4 pm session. CCKPS has CA for all subjects from P3. If morning session has more yrs, then afternoon can nap, which I prefer.

Does anybody has any comments of the schs or advise?

Thank you

2012 P1 Registration Balloting Statistics (SC<1km, 1km<SC<2km, SC>2km, PR<1km, 1km<PR<2km, PR>2km)

P2C

Chua Chu Kang Primary - 42 applicants vs 8 places
Concord Primary
De La Salle
Kranji Primary
South View Primary
Teck Whye Primary
Unity Primary
Yew Tee Primary

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Choosing primary school (advise needed)

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:14 pm

caroline3sg wrote:...But I prefer not to have CA. This sch has CA for P2 Math, the rest of subjects has CA from P3...

Sorry... just curious. Why do you prefer your kid's school not to have Continuous Assessment (CA)? Don't you think the CAs prepare children for the "big ones", aka. Supplementary Assessments (SA)?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Choosing primary school (Advise needed)

Postby caroline3sg » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:15 pm

If have CA, we as parents would be more busy. Sch without CA has topical test. That is good enough to gauge whether how much a child has grasp the topic.

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Choosing primary school (Advise needed)

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:38 pm

caroline3sg wrote:If have CA, we as parents would be more busy. Sch without CA has topical test. That is good enough to gauge whether how much a child has grasp the topic.

Aren't the topical tests the same as CA? They normally happen at the end of the term too. Why would one think that parents will get less stress from preparing their kids for topical tests vs CA?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Choosing primary school (Advise needed)

Postby caroline3sg » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:24 am

10% of total marks goes to CA. While there is no marks allocated in report book for topical test. Topical test let us know how the child flare for that topic.

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Concord & Chua Chu Kang Pri

Postby djgg » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:51 am

[Moderator's Note: Topics merged.]

Dear Parents,

Yesterday balloting my girl was unsuccessful to secure a place in De la salle primary which put us in 2C supp. We are looking into Concord Primary(55seats avail) and CCK primary (100seats avail).

Parents who has experience, be it +ve or -ve, appreciate you could give some advice on which school is better, as we are alittle lost atm.

Cheers and thanks.

djgg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby djgg » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:17 pm

anyone can share some view thanks.

djgg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Concord & Chua Chu Kang Pri

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:12 pm

djgg wrote:[Moderator's Note: Topics merged.]

Dear Parents,

Yesterday balloting my girl was unsuccessful to secure a place in De la salle primary which put us in 2C supp. We are looking into Concord Primary(55seats avail) and CCK primary (100seats avail).

Parents who has experience, be it +ve or -ve, appreciate you could give some advice on which school is better, as we are alittle lost atm.

Cheers and thanks.

Both Concord and CCK are up and coming schools with good academic and aesthetics and sports development. They have almost the same history, with CCK in its 11th year and Concord in its 9th year. It is very hard to say which is the better school. I guess the distance rule applies here - choose the one nearer to you.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby caroline3sg » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:14 am

djgg
which blk do you stay? How far are you from CCKPS & Concord? So which one did you register today?

I was also not successful with De La Salle.

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: [Choa Chu Kang] Primary Schools

Postby Luanee » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:11 am

caroline3sg wrote:my first choice would definitely be de la salle. But there is balloting within 1 km for phase 2C. Recently I heard that even within 1km, there is preference given to Catholics. And someone who isn't Catholic but within 1km was told to withdraw.

Is this true? The school allowed to do that? So are you a Catholic since they allowed u to ballot?

For me, I stay within 1km of De La Salle, but didn't bother to try ballot at all, so all those who registered should thank me for freeing up a place, hee :P

Luanee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration