*** READ ME FIRST !!! - P1 Registration FAQ ***

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
xueni84
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: *** READ ME FIRST !!! - P1 Registration FAQ ***

Post by xueni84 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:45 pm

Sfmq wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:15 am
Hi im trying to download the immunization record from the NIR website but the website just keeps bringing me back to main page no matter what I click. Anyone managed to do so successfully? Or can we just bring the health booklet during registration and that would suffice?
Hi, I managed to download and print out the records.
Maybe would like try using google chrome and not internet explorer/mozilla firefox?

Mistyakadivine
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Mistyakadivine » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:37 am

I remembered that I recieved a registration letter from MOE that I have to bring down to the school to register my daughter in a couple of years ago. This year I didn't receive anything for my son. I called MOE and they say they don't send out any letters. Is this true ?

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Post by zac's mum » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:35 am

Mistyakadivine wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:37 am
I remembered that I recieved a registration letter from MOE that I have to bring down to the school to register my daughter in a couple of years ago. This year I didn't receive anything for my son. I called MOE and they say they don't send out any letters. Is this true ?
MOE doesn’t send out such reminder letters any more.

If you are going through sibling Phase 1, your daughter’s school should have reminded you and given you a Phase 1 form in May already. Please check with them.

yukuo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by yukuo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:39 pm

Hi Chief, thank you so much for putting all the information together and this is incredibly helpful! Based on all kinds of resources publicly available including Kiasuparents, I wrote an article about the Singapore education system to complement the information you put up here. https://bit.ly/302dKh7

Hope all parents find it helpful too!

Blinglingzing
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS

Post by Blinglingzing » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:06 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Thu May 21, 2009 9:01 pm
STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS

1. Read the All About P1 Registration Procedures thread first to understand the requirements for the P1 registration exercise. If you have any question regarding the statutory requirements for P1 registration, post your question in this thread.

2. You are NOT allowed to register for more than 1 school at any one point in time. If you have secured a place in a school in an earlier Phase, eg. Phase 2A, if you wish to try your luck for another school in Phase 2B or 2C, you must first withdraw from the first school before you are allowed to register with the rest of the parents in the later Phase.

3. You are ALLOWED to do Parent Volunteering (PV) services for more than 1 school, and qualify for Phase 2B for more than 1 school. But you can only register in Phase 2B for 1 school at any one point in time.

4. To qualify for Phase 2A2 as ex-students of a school, you need to either show your report card or your PSLE results. If you have lost both, you can purchase a new copy from MOE here.

5. For the registration, you MUST bring the originals of the necessary documentation with you in person (or your authorized proxy). The school will make copies from the originals. If you want to save them the trouble, you can make the copies yourself and let them verify on the spot. But most likely the school will still prefer to make their own copies from the originals.

6. You may download and print and fill in the registration forms for each phase from this link, before you go to the school. Otherwise, you can always fill them out on the spot. Supposed to take only 5 mins to fill, assuming you have all the information on hand.

7. If spouse is outstation, photocopies of their NRIC are fine, but you need to produce the original copy of your marriage cert.

8. There is NO need to bring your child along to the registration exercise. But it is good to let your child have an look-see of the place where he/she will be spending the next 6 years of his/her life.

9. If you are unsuccessful in an earlier Phase (eg. Phase 2B) in securing a place for your child, you are allowed to try again for the same school at a later Phase (eg. Phase 2C). However, you need to re-register your child in the later Phase (it is NOT automatic), and you will be treated with the same status as all other applicants in that Phase.
Tactically speaking, does it make sense to still apply for my second choice of school (further from home) under 2A, and then wait till the last day of 2C to decide whether or not I want to withdraw from my alumni school in order to register for my preferred school (e.g. if the number balloting way exceed vacancies, maybe I don’t want to take that kind of risk)...

Logistically speaking, how would I do that? Do I have to physically go down to the first school to withdraw or can this all be done online? And how long will the withdrawal take - will I be able to register him immediately after for the new school or do I have to give some time buffer?

TIA to all experienced parents!

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS

Post by Davischew » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:39 am

Blinglingzing wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:06 pm
ChiefKiasu wrote:
Thu May 21, 2009 9:01 pm
STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS

1. Read the All About P1 Registration Procedures thread first to understand the requirements for the P1 registration exercise. If you have any question regarding the statutory requirements for P1 registration, post your question in this thread.

2. You are NOT allowed to register for more than 1 school at any one point in time. If you have secured a place in a school in an earlier Phase, eg. Phase 2A, if you wish to try your luck for another school in Phase 2B or 2C, you must first withdraw from the first school before you are allowed to register with the rest of the parents in the later Phase.

3. You are ALLOWED to do Parent Volunteering (PV) services for more than 1 school, and qualify for Phase 2B for more than 1 school. But you can only register in Phase 2B for 1 school at any one point in time.

4. To qualify for Phase 2A2 as ex-students of a school, you need to either show your report card or your PSLE results. If you have lost both, you can purchase a new copy from MOE here.

5. For the registration, you MUST bring the originals of the necessary documentation with you in person (or your authorized proxy). The school will make copies from the originals. If you want to save them the trouble, you can make the copies yourself and let them verify on the spot. But most likely the school will still prefer to make their own copies from the originals.

6. You may download and print and fill in the registration forms for each phase from this link, before you go to the school. Otherwise, you can always fill them out on the spot. Supposed to take only 5 mins to fill, assuming you have all the information on hand.

7. If spouse is outstation, photocopies of their NRIC are fine, but you need to produce the original copy of your marriage cert.

8. There is NO need to bring your child along to the registration exercise. But it is good to let your child have an look-see of the place where he/she will be spending the next 6 years of his/her life.

9. If you are unsuccessful in an earlier Phase (eg. Phase 2B) in securing a place for your child, you are allowed to try again for the same school at a later Phase (eg. Phase 2C). However, you need to re-register your child in the later Phase (it is NOT automatic), and you will be treated with the same status as all other applicants in that Phase.
Tactically speaking, does it make sense to still apply for my second choice of school (further from home) under 2A, and then wait till the last day of 2C to decide whether or not I want to withdraw from my alumni school in order to register for my preferred school (e.g. if the number balloting way exceed vacancies, maybe I don’t want to take that kind of risk)...

Logistically speaking, how would I do that? Do I have to physically go down to the first school to withdraw or can this all be done online? And how long will the withdrawal take - will I be able to register him immediately after for the new school or do I have to give some time buffer?

TIA to all experienced parents!
2A need to apply at school , so withdrawal also need to be at school. Then go over to school B for registration. Consider time for travel, withdrawal take 5-10min. Buffer 1.5 hours would be safe if driving.
If you can let us know your 2C choice , we can tell you the risk. It might be worth just to go 2C