All About Singapore Birth Rates

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
Post Reply
sweetbaby
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1100
Joined: Tue Jan 12,
Total Likes:18

Re: All About Singapore Birth Rates

Post by sweetbaby » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:05 pm

How about year of the snake? As popular as Dragon?

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 8247
Joined: Wed Jul 31,
Gender: Male
Total Likes:239

Re: All About Singapore Birth Rates

Post by floppy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:26 pm

sweetbaby wrote:How about year of the snake? As popular as Dragon?
Year of the Snake is a yawn.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4156
Joined: Tue Jan 03,
Total Likes:166

Re: All About Singapore Birth Rates

Post by zac's mum » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:30 pm

floppy wrote:
sweetbaby wrote:How about year of the snake? As popular as Dragon?
Year of the Snake is a yawn.
Even so, the “hot” schools will still be crazily oversubscribed. That statistic never changes.

xariaD
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 20,

Re: All About Singapore Birth Rates

Post by xariaD » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:56 pm

How about year of Horse?

Aztac
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Aug 10,

Re: All About Singapore Birth Rates

Post by Aztac » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:32 pm

Let me share on the Citizen birth rates:

Horse year 2014 was 33.2k and SG50 Goat year was 33.7k and thereafter 2016 Monkey year was 33.1k (source from Dept of Statistics and ICA).

As such, 2014 to 2016 primary school registration (2020 to 2022) will likely see fierce competition like Dragon Year 2012 (which recorded 33.2k citizen births).

Going by Dragon year registration statistics in 2018, I believe 2020 to 2022 registration will be largely similar (with 2021 SG50 batch seeing alittle more intense "fights").

I didn't research into gender birth rate except for 2015 SG50 one (as my DD is SG50 girl), which I painstakingly calculated roughly 20k FEMALE vs 13.7k MALE citizen births. This means GIRL schools will be HOT next year 2021 registration.

The above does not take into account new citizens.

Hope the above helps.


ricedoll
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Mar 08,

Re: All About Singapore Birth Rates

Post by ricedoll » Tue May 05, 2020 7:55 am

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/si ... s-10523118

Do you all think 2017 babies will have less competition?
even though theres a surge 2014-2015 babies...

https://data.gov.sg/dataset/newborns-by ... e55e59a7a7

Claire_low
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 01,

Re: All About Singapore Birth Rates

Post by Claire_low » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:34 pm

https://data.gov.sg/dataset/newborns-by ... e55e59a7a7

Hi all, I see more boys born than girls in 2015

Claire_low
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 01,

Re: All About Singapore Birth Rates

Post by Claire_low » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:36 pm

and if u look through the link above, you will realise that more boys are born than girls EVERY YEAR hahaha

unicornq
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 04,

Re: All About Singapore Birth Rates

Post by unicornq » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:32 am

Aztac wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:32 pm
Let me share on the Citizen birth rates:

Horse year 2014 was 33.2k and SG50 Goat year was 33.7k and thereafter 2016 Monkey year was 33.1k (source from Dept of Statistics and ICA).

As such, 2014 to 2016 primary school registration (2020 to 2022) will likely see fierce competition like Dragon Year 2012 (which recorded 33.2k citizen births).

Going by Dragon year registration statistics in 2018, I believe 2020 to 2022 registration will be largely similar (with 2021 SG50 batch seeing alittle more intense "fights").

I didn't research into gender birth rate except for 2015 SG50 one (as my DD is SG50 girl), which I painstakingly calculated roughly 20k FEMALE vs 13.7k MALE citizen births. This means GIRL schools will be HOT next year 2021 registration.

The above does not take into account new citizens.

Hope the above helps.
May I know how do you calculate the gender birth rate?

Post Reply