All About Singapore Birth Rates

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
galaxyraider
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:7

Re: All About Singapore Birth Rates

Post by galaxyraider » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:01 am

marmalade
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by marmalade » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:19 pm

Good information but it would be also useful to have the number of population of P1 students for each year per region. Then again, there are factors such as relocation and also staying with grandparents etc.

galaxyraider
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:7

Post by galaxyraider » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:05 am

marmalade wrote:Good information but it would be also useful to have the number of population of P1 students for each year per region. Then again, there are factors such as relocation and also staying with grandparents etc.
Unfortunately we don't have such information...

brainkuku
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by brainkuku » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:19 am

Thanks for the stats. The stats provided is for live and birth registered at ICA on the total birthrate.

For more detailed on the birthrate for that particular year, you can google it with "population in brief 20xx". Please note that if your child is born 2010, you can google it with "population in brief 2011" because stats are only out 3 or 4 months after the last calendar year.

For e.g. For 2010 citizen birth it is 30,131 and about 5k is residents birth (I assume PR). The rest are non citizens. But the only drawback is you don't know the breakdown in gender in that report.

I hope this is helpful.

Tendertail
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Tendertail » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:46 pm

Seems like 2010 (Tiger year) has significantly lower birth rate :lol: Will the schools lower their vacancy no. too for P1 registration? I doubt I can find historical data of 2004 P1 registration (presumably for previous batch of Tiger babies who entered into P1 in 2005? Anyone can advise me on this? Thanks!

aloyboy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:6

Post by aloyboy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:42 pm

Tendertail wrote:Seems like 2010 (Tiger year) has significantly lower birth rate :lol: Will the schools lower their vacancy no. too for P1 registration? I doubt I can find historical data of 2004 P1 registration (presumably for previous batch of Tiger babies who entered into P1 in 2005? Anyone can advise me on this? Thanks!
School will lower vacancy even during the non-Tiger year. Last year some school vacancy were reduced by 1 class. These are normally the "unpopular" schools, which makes no differences i.e they may still have lots of spaces left after Phase 2CS.

Tanaka76
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Tanaka76 » Mon May 09, 2016 11:44 pm

Luckily my first one is born in 2010. Better chance of getting into a better school. Pave way for his siblings :)

JasperQ
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by JasperQ » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:51 pm

Table 12: Number of births by birth order & residency status

Birth Order: 2010
Total births:37,967
Resident births:35,129
Citizen births: 30,131

Jaydazzlerz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Jaydazzlerz » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:21 am

resident is PR and citizen is SG?

grapevine
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:9

Post by grapevine » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:52 am

Jaydazzlerz wrote:resident is PR and citizen is SG?
Yes. That is correct.