All About Singapore Birth Rates

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
J_C_M_L
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: All About Singapore Birth Rates

Post by J_C_M_L » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:46 pm

http://www.singstat.gov.sg/pubn/referen ... graphy.pdf

Please refer to Note 3.6 of page 10.

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:1

Post by Oppsgal » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:22 am

J_C_M_L wrote:http://www.singstat.gov.sg/pubn/reference/yos11/statsT-demography.pdf

Please refer to Note 3.6 of page 10.

Seems like more males babies than females :?

slashysri
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by slashysri » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:20 am

Dear All,
My son is born in 2008. I would like to know what is the birth rate of Singapore on that year? And is there any way by which i can find out how many children born in 2008 are there near to the school of my choice. Kindly advise accordingly.

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor
Total Likes:15

Post by qms » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:06 am

slashysri wrote:And is there any way by which i can find out how many children born in 2008 are there near to the school of my choice. Kindly advise accordingly.

Assuming such data can be collected, there are still too many variables in the equation. Hence, no point finding out.

J_C_M_L
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by J_C_M_L » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:43 am

usa-sing-1
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by usa-sing-1 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:11 pm

J_C_M_L wrote:Image

These numbers are great as general guidelines for the size of the yearly intake of students...of course, they will not factor in other factors such as children born in Singapore which have left the country permanently, new citizen children, etc...so of course the exact number of students registered for Primary 1 this year will not precisely correspond to the number of children born in 2006, for example.

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by micollh » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:59 pm

interesting ! boys more or girls more for 2010 ? since stats says more boys for 2007..

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:16

Post by cherrygal » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Low birth rate does not mean you have more chance at the good schools. It just means the not so popular schools have more seats unfilled.

AdonciaTang
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by AdonciaTang » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:23 am

cherrygal wrote:Low birth rate does not mean you have more chance at the good schools. It just means the not so popular schools have more seats unfilled.

i agree

Laura02
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:22

Post by Laura02 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:20 pm

micollh wrote:interesting ! boys more or girls more for 2010 ? since stats says more boys for 2007..

Yes, isn't that interesting? There's a higher ratio of baby boys to girls every year. But if you follow the statistics for different age groups, the ratio of boys to girls drops till its almost 1 : 1 at the 20 - 30 age group. Then at greater age groups, it's a higher ratio of women to men.

So ... why does the ratio of boys/ men drop?