[Queenstown] Primary Schools

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Which is your preferred school in Queenstown?

Fairfield Methodist Primary
77%
New Town Primary
11%
Queenstown Primary
12%

Total votes : 233

[Queenstown] Primary Schools

Postby dana » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:22 am

[Moderator's Note: For Balloting History of Queenstown schools, click here.]

:? I am at a lost. Can someone help me out:

I am staying in Queenstown. My son is due to register for his primary school this year thru' phrase 2C. We are within 2km from Fairfield but our chance to get in will be almost impossible.

Next New Town Primary, so close and yet so far. It is definitely within 1 kim but many of our friends told us not to because it has not been performing well. We browsed its website 3 years ago and it didn't change at all...so we are worried and get the hints the sort of treatment the children will get. :lol: Also it will be merging with Ghim Moh Pri and move to the new premises at Tanglin Halt..another worry how these changes will affect the school.

Thus it brings us to our last choice at Zhangde Pri which is definitely outside the 2km perimeter. It seems to give us the confident with the good reviews. We are worry that this year will be tough for balloting outside 2km. We'd consider to move to Tiong Bahru if it falls through with our plan.

I would like to hear your opinions and thoughts about the choices i may have to make :roll:

[/list]

2012 P1 Registration Balloting Statistics (SC<1km, 1km<SC<2km, SC>2km, PR<1km, 1km<PR<2km, PR>2km)

P2C

Fairfield Methodist Primary - 49 applicants vs 32 places
New Town Primary
Queenstown Primary

dana
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tianzhu » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:42 pm

Hi dana

How about Queenstown Pri or Gan Eng Seng Pri?

tianzhu
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Fairfield Methodist Pri, New Town Pri or Zhangde Pr

Postby titank » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:53 pm

dana wrote::? I am at a lost. Can someone help me out:

I am staying in Queenstown. My son is due to register for his primary school this year thru' phrase 2C. We are within 2km from Fairfield but our chance to get in will be almost impossible.

Next New Town Primary, so close and yet so far. It is definitely within 1 kim but many of our friends told us not to because it has not been performing well. We browsed its website 3 years ago and it didn't change at all...so we are worried and get the hints the sort of treatment the children will get. :lol: Also it will be merging with Ghim Moh Pri and move to the new premises at Tanglin Halt..another worry how these changes will affect the school.

Thus it brings us to our last choice at Zhangde Pri which is definitely outside the 2km perimeter. It seems to give us the confident with the good reviews. We are worry that this year will be tough for balloting outside 2km. We'd consider to move to Tiong Bahru if it falls through with our plan.

I would like to hear your opinions and thoughts about the choices i may have to make :roll:

[/list]

Fairfield Methodist in Phase 2C most likely you would need to be in balloting process.

Zhang De you should be able to get in as Phase 2C also no balloting.

Wish you good luck then.

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

[Queenstown] Which school to choose

Postby bbhome » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:05 pm

Hi,

I'm having a big headache with school selection. We live just outside 1 km for Henry Park and Fairfield and didn't manage to get in for PV. Hubby's school no longer exist. Mine is a girls' school and we have 2 boys. The next few schools nearby are:

- Nanyang (don't think we even have a chance)
- Clementi Primary (ballot >2km for 2C so might still have a chance, but school very close to new mall coming up)
- River Valley (ballot >2km for 2C so might still have a chance)
- Queenstown Primary
- New Town Primary
- Gan Eng Seng Primary School
- Pei Tong

Between the last 4 school which would be a better choice in terms of school environment and acadmics ?

thanks.

bbhome
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Which school to choose

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:54 pm

Hi bbhome,

Since you didn't PV, then you can scratch Henry Park, Fairfield and Nanyang out of your list based on the distance you are from the schools. There is no way you can get into those schools unless you PVed or live <1km to them.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby bbhome » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:02 am

I know that's why we are only looking at the other schools.

bbhome
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:08 am

bbhome wrote:I know that's why we are only looking at the other schools.

You seem to be staying right smack in the centre of the area between Clementi, Queenstown and Bukit Timah. Amongst the schools you have shortlisted, your best bet is probably New Town, which is quite a decent school.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby bbhome » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:41 am

thank you. I will seriously consider New Town. ZhangDe looks pretty good too. Any ballotting for 2C last year ? I can't seem to locate the school's name in the ballot list.

bbhome
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Which school to choose

Postby caroline3sg » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:55 pm

bbhome

Results of last year:
Zhangde
vacancy for 2C: 170
no. registered: 170

New Town
vacancy for 2C: 120
no. registered: 61
vacancy for 2C Supp: 59
no. registered: 8

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Which school to choose

Postby bbhome » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:12 pm

caroline3sg wrote:bbhome

Results of last year:
Zhangde
vacancy for 2C: 170
no. registered: 170

New Town
vacancy for 2C: 120
no. registered: 61
vacancy for 2C Supp: 59
no. registered: 8

Thank you caroline for the infomation. I've received comments from friends staying around there that ZhengDe discipline is not so good. Any truths in that ?

bbhome
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration