All About Getting Priority Registration

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
Post Reply

What will you do to get your child into the school you want?

Be an Active Community Leaders
57
9%
Join Clan/affiliated membership
82
13%
Be Parent Volunteers (PV)
220
35%
Move to < 1km from the school
239
38%
Any other methods
35
6%
 
Total votes: 633

WorriedDadto3
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Sep 14,

Re: All About Getting Priority Registration

Post by WorriedDadto3 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:50 am

grapevine wrote:
Arabica365 wrote:Thanks - yes, I did meant if I am both a PV and alum

It looks like I have to think about moving/renting to get distance priority

Or choose another school...
According to MOE website, the 30 month rule ( need to maintain address for 30 months) starts from 30 June ( i.e the date P1 registration starts). If you are applying this year, you may be too late to move house. But if you are registering next year or later, you still have time to decide. But safest bet is to move within 1km even if you are applying in phase 2A. Just in case there is balloting in early phases.
Check he balloting history for the school you are alumnus of to have a general guide if moving in less than 2km is safe as well. But be prepared to stay the whole 30 months if you are renting.

30 mths b4 or after p1 registration?? thanks

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 2996
Joined: Tue Jan 03,
Total Likes:94

Re: All About Getting Priority Registration

Post by zac's mum » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:05 pm

After

Katherinetsl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 02,

Re: All About Getting Priority Registration

Post by Katherinetsl » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:03 pm

Am thinking of registering my boy (born in year2014) for Holy Innocent pri. According to Onemap.sg, can't check whether it is within 1-2km cause have to wait for the sch to shift back to Hougang. Will be applying for pv, anyone knows how high is the chance of pv+1-2km to get in without balloting?

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 2996
Joined: Tue Jan 03,
Total Likes:94

Re: All About Getting Priority Registration

Post by zac's mum » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:13 pm

Katherinetsl wrote:Am thinking of registering my boy (born in year2014) for Holy Innocent pri. According to Onemap.sg, can't check whether it is within 1-2km cause have to wait for the sch to shift back to Hougang. Will be applying for pv, anyone knows how high is the chance of pv+1-2km to get in without balloting?
I just checked using the OneMap app, it’s using the original Hougang site to calculate. You don’t need to wait, can check now. Sorry I don’t know about the chances, but bear in mind you will be competing with the Catholics who live in that area too.

Image

Katherinetsl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 02,

Re: All About Getting Priority Registration

Post by Katherinetsl » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:25 pm

zac's mum wrote:
Katherinetsl wrote:Am thinking of registering my boy (born in year2014) for Holy Innocent pri. According to Onemap.sg, can't check whether it is within 1-2km cause have to wait for the sch to shift back to Hougang. Will be applying for pv, anyone knows how high is the chance of pv+1-2km to get in without balloting?
I just checked using the OneMap app, it’s using the original Hougang site to calculate. You don’t need to wait, can check now. Sorry I don’t know about the chances, but bear in mind you will be competing with the Catholics who live in that area too.

Image
Thanks zac's mum, just checked, it is not within 1-2km...guess no need to even do pv liao. Within 1-2km, Rosyth and Xinmin are the 2 that we will consider.


floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 7135
Joined: Wed Jul 31,
Gender: Male
Total Likes:178

Re: All About Getting Priority Registration

Post by floppy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:28 am

Katherinetsl wrote:
zac's mum wrote:
Katherinetsl wrote:Am thinking of registering my boy (born in year2014) for Holy Innocent pri. According to Onemap.sg, can't check whether it is within 1-2km cause have to wait for the sch to shift back to Hougang. Will be applying for pv, anyone knows how high is the chance of pv+1-2km to get in without balloting?
I just checked using the OneMap app, it’s using the original Hougang site to calculate. You don’t need to wait, can check now. Sorry I don’t know about the chances, but bear in mind you will be competing with the Catholics who live in that area too.

Image
Thanks zac's mum, just checked, it is not within 1-2km...guess no need to even do pv liao. Within 1-2km, Rosyth and Xinmin are the 2 that we will consider.
Holy Innocent typically ballot for SC > 2km in Phase 2B. Hence, if you are eligible for Phase 2B (Catholic or PV etc), you are in a strong position. Otherwise, you will most likely have to ballot in Phase 2C.

As for Rosyth, if you are not able to get into Phase 2B or earlier, you will stand no chance as it will ballot for SC < 1km. Even for Phase 2B, there’s a prospect for balloting.

Xinmin is the easiest and safest option for you.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 18885
Joined: Fri Jan 21,
Total Likes:206

Re: All About Getting Priority Registration

Post by phtthp » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:50 am

Katherinetsl wrote: within 1-2km, Rosyth and Xinmin are the 2 that we will consider.
Rosyth is out, because need to ballot within 1 km at 2C and at phase 2B (in certain years, can go and check).

That leave only Xinmin. In that case, might as well go back to Maha Bodhi (phase 2A). Since wef 2019 no more exam in (P1 nor P2), perhaps seek Transfer at end of P3, into those schools u are keen in

Katherinetsl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 02,

Re: All About Getting Priority Registration

Post by Katherinetsl » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:54 pm

phtthp wrote:
Katherinetsl wrote: within 1-2km, Rosyth and Xinmin are the 2 that we will consider.
Rosyth is out, because need to ballot within 1 km at 2C and at phase 2B (in certain years, can go and check).

That leave only Xinmin. In that case, might as well go back to Maha Bodhi (phase 2A). Since wef 2019 no more exam in (P1 nor P2), perhaps seek Transfer at end of P3, into those schools u are keen in
Hi, we are not in phase 2A for Maha Bodhi, I am not sure what you mean?

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 18885
Joined: Fri Jan 21,
Total Likes:206

Re: All About Getting Priority Registration

Post by phtthp » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:57 pm

Sorry, my apology. I got mistaken u with someone else, who mentioned that she studied in Maha Bodhi primary before, her ex primary school. I apologise.

Katherinetsl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 02,

Re: All About Getting Priority Registration

Post by Katherinetsl » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:01 pm

Thanks zac's mum, just checked, it is not within 1-2km...guess no need to even do pv liao. Within 1-2km, Rosyth and Xinmin are the 2 that we will consider.[/quote]

Holy Innocent typically ballot for SC > 2km in Phase 2B. Hence, if you are eligible for Phase 2B (Catholic or PV etc), you are in a strong position. Otherwise, you will most likely have to ballot in Phase 2C.

As for Rosyth, if you are not able to get into Phase 2B or earlier, you will stand no chance as it will ballot for SC < 1km. Even for Phase 2B, there’s a prospect for balloting.

Xinmin is the easiest and safest option for you.[/quote]

so that means we still have a chance if we do pv at Holy Innocent?
Actually nearest to us is Hougang Pri Sch, it is a good school but we are looking at Religion school (if possible), if not then a good Secondary school that is affiliated so that my boy will not need to be so stressed when studying for PSLE.

Oh, just receive the reply from Xinmin that Xinmin Sec sch is not affiliated to the pri sch..

Post Reply