All About Getting Priority Registration

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

What will you do to get your child into the school you want?

Be an Active Community Leaders
9%
Join Clan/affiliated membership
13%
Be Parent Volunteers (PV)
35%
Move to < 1km from the school
38%
Any other methods
6%

Total votes: 633

Katherinetsl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Getting Priority Registration

Post by Katherinetsl » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:15 pm

So if I stay 1km near Hougang Pri sch, do I still need to do pv ?

Joannatan8484
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Joannatan8484 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:16 pm

Depends on which year is your child born.

If registering this year I don't think you need to worry for hougang pri and xinmin.

Katherinetsl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Katherinetsl » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:31 pm

Joannatan8484 wrote:Depends on which year is your child born.

If registering this year I don't think you need to worry for hougang pri and xinmin.
Hi Joanna, my child born in 2014

chengpku
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by chengpku » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:34 pm

Do I need to move within 1 km of Qifa to ensure my registration in Phase 2c? Thanks

Crisissch
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Crisissch » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:23 pm

Hi all,

May I check if study in primary school for like 2-3 years can be consider alumni if no finish the six year ?

Thank you all

violetbebe
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by violetbebe » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:20 am

Anyone accepted for PV. Can shed light what kind proposal needed, how details etc? Especially i dont have any specific skill to contribute.

etleen23288
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by etleen23288 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:00 am

hi hi all parents, would like to ask if anyone has such experience...?
my current flat is within 1 km of school and my parents new flat also within 1 km of sch..
I intend to move maybe this year or next year which makes my registered address beyond 1 km but within 2 km..
would it be a good idea that I change my registered address to my parents? if I move beyond 1 km but within 2 km.. will my child be penalised?

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:181

Post by floppy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:11 am

etleen23288 wrote:hi hi all parents, would like to ask if anyone has such experience...?
my current flat is within 1 km of school and my parents new flat also within 1 km of sch..
I intend to move maybe this year or next year which makes my registered address beyond 1 km but within 2 km..
would it be a good idea that I change my registered address to my parents? if I move beyond 1 km but within 2 km.. will my child be penalised?
If you have benefitted from the distance priority and gotten your child a place in school as a result, you will be penalized by MOE if you shifted out of your original distance before the 30 months is up. Your child may lose the place in school.

If you change your address to your parents’ place but have no intention to stay there, you will be penalized by the law for cheating. Refer to the statute for the exact punishment.

Either way, they are lose-lose options.

isn4i
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by isn4i » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:36 pm

floppy wrote:
etleen23288 wrote:hi hi all parents, would like to ask if anyone has such experience...?
If you have benefitted from the distance priority and gotten your child a place in school as a result, you will be penalized by MOE if you shifted out of your original distance before the 30 months is up. Your child may lose the place in school.

If you change your address to your parents’ place but have no intention to stay there, you will be penalized by the law for cheating. Refer to the statute for the exact punishment.

people does that and chance of getting caught is very slim .. also has leasing home address which is cheaper than rental

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:181

Post by floppy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:50 pm

isn4i wrote:
floppy wrote:

people does that and chance of getting caught is very slim .. also has leasing home address which is cheaper than rental
Sure...... chances of not getting caught are always good until one of your classmate's neighbour's mother's cousin's son hear about it, and your child is the person standing between his child and the top leadership position of being the Science monitor's assistant, all hell breaks loose.

You can read about some examples of people thinking their chances were good until it become not so good here: 2018, 2014, 2007 & 2004.

Problem is, it only takes a slip of the tongue and a small misstep to land yourself in unnecessary trouble... And kids at that age, tends to slip their tongue quite often and share more than they should :wink: