All About Active Community Leaders

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:120

Re: All About Active Community Leaders

Post by zac's mum » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:47 pm

No need for ballot is not = to gaining priority admission through home-school distance. Must read very carefully.

Example: if all <1km applicants fill the seats exactly, no need ballot. BUT they have gained priority admission through home-school distance, over the eg. 2 fellas who lived 1-2km from the school. The 30-month lock-in requirement will apply.

Clarencechia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Clarencechia » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Davischew wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:40 pm
Clarencechia wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:12 pm
Hi everyone,

I’m currently within 1 KM to my choice school but am also doing grassroots volunteering. I understand that there is a rule that says if you gain priority admission through the home-school distance, then you’re required to stay in that address for at least 30 months after commencement of registration. My question is whether that rule still applies in Phase 2B for GRLs and PVs, assuming that there no need for ballot at the close of registration for that Phase?

Would anyone know? Thanks in advance!
No ballot means no priority admission then home-school distance doesn't apply.
I see. Thanks for the quick reply.

skii
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by skii » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:12 am

zac's mum wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:47 pm
No need for ballot is not = to gaining priority admission through home-school distance. Must read very carefully.

Example: if all <1km applicants fill the seats exactly, no need ballot. BUT they have gained priority admission through home-school distance, over the eg. 2 fellas who lived 1-2km from the school. The 30-month lock-in requirement will apply.
for example

20 places in 2B
20 applicant all within 1KM
all gets in
no ballot
1KM rule does not need to be honoured.

20 places in 2B
20 applicant within 1KM and 1 applicant 1-2KM
1KM applicants gets in. 1-2KM gets rejected.
no ballot
1KM rule MUST be honoured.

so the distinction here is if anyone is disadvantaged because of you.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:120

Post by zac's mum » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:16 am

skii wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:12 am
zac's mum wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:47 pm

for example

20 places in 2B
20 applicant all within 1KM
all gets in
no ballot
1KM rule does not need to be honoured.

20 places in 2B
20 applicant within 1KM and 1 applicant 1-2KM
1KM applicants gets in. 1-2KM gets rejected.
no ballot
1KM rule MUST be honoured.

so the distinction here is if anyone is disadvantaged because of you.
Yes. Precisely. Because if you didn’t apply, that one person 1-2km would have gotten the seat. So you did in fact get priority admission. You should honour the 30-month rule.

Clarencechia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Clarencechia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:43 pm

I see. Thanks for the example. I guess it depends ultimately on the specific scenario that plays out then.

melodyleft
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by melodyleft » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:58 pm

I have just been to the first RC meeting this week as an observer and the Chairman said now one has to be an executive member for three years before P1 registration to qualify for phase 2B. They also said that PA's website has not been updated with the latest information. One have to go through observer-->GRL-->EM route.
Has anyone also heard of this? Is it GRL for two years or EM for 3 years?

Davischew
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by Davischew » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:35 pm

melodyleft wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:58 pm
I have just been to the first RC meeting this week as an observer and the Chairman said now one has to be an executive member for three years before P1 registration to qualify for phase 2B. They also said that PA's website has not been updated with the latest information. One have to go through observer-->GRL-->EM route.
Haven’t seen the official Statement for 3 years. If anyone has the link pls post here. So it’s still 2 years to be an active community leader, observer not counted. After observer will be EM status.

I only know 3 years is to apply BTO and EC under priority.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:86

Post by Estéema » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Just chip in bcoz after reading Davischew posting, I was reminded NParks spoke to me this morning abt garden plot allocation gonna be same difficulties as BTO balloting & SC criteria then PR in the order of allocation/entitlement. :rotflmao:

melodyleft
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by melodyleft » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:23 pm

Davischew wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:35 pm
melodyleft wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:58 pm
Haven’t seen the official Statement for 3 years. If anyone has the link pls post here. So it’s still 2 years to be an active community leader, observer not counted. After observer will be EM status.

I only know 3 years is to apply BTO and EC under priority.
Thank you. That's my understanding too. Right now the website still says 2 years as GRL. If there is indeed a change, for sure it will be in newspaper and the entire society will shake a bit. Even if there is this change, I guess one still can appeal as this is not made know to the public ahead of time.

Thanks

Midnightbaker
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Midnightbaker » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:01 pm

Dear all, have been following the thread for awhile and would like to seek the experts' advice here.

Some context. My place is within a mature estate. Have already submitted volunteer form via PA and invited to attend the next RC meeting.

In order to qualify for 2B in 2025, would need to be appointed as grassroots leader by 30 June 2023.

Understand that it takes time to go from observer to executive member and grassroots leader. Not sure if I'm getting the timeline of progression right.

And if so, how long does it typically take from observer stage to grassroot leaders stage? Not sure if I have sufficient time to pursue the GRL track (the schools we are eyeing for do not accept PV)

Thanks all! Pls feel free to PM me as well.