All About Active Community Leaders

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
exodusz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: All About Active Community Leaders

Post by exodusz » Sat May 30, 2020 6:39 pm

skii wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:03 pm
exodusz wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 3:38 pm
Thanks for the reply.
I'll give my DCD a call to clarify, it's been 3 weeks since she told me it pending for approval.
Hope your DCD helps you.

They are usually very kind to GRL.

All the best to your 2B letter.
Thank u!
I'll call on Monday, try not to bother her on weekends.

skii
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:8

Post by skii » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:26 pm

exodusz wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 6:39 pm
skii wrote:
exodusz wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 3:38 pm
Thanks for the reply.
I'll give my DCD a call to clarify, it's been 3 weeks since she told me it pending for approval.
Hope your DCD helps you.

Thank u!
Hi,

did you DCD helped you?

Finally I understood you:
I just check again and current service is 2018 May to _________ (there is no end date )
and there is no 2020 May start date too.

exodusz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by exodusz » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:23 am

skii wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:26 pm
exodusz wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 6:39 pm
skii wrote:

Hope your DCD helps you.

Thank u!
Hi,

did you DCD helped you?

Finally I understood you:
I just check again and current service is 2018 May to _________ (there is no end date )
and there is no 2020 May start date too.

Hihi,
DCD says new term still pending approval and she's aware of 14th June deadline.
I'm not sure if 2 years term is common for all RC. My last term was 2 years from May 2018, and expire in Apr 2020. I got new appointment as office bearer this year.

Only left 11 days to go and counting down.
:sweat:

exodusz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by exodusz » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:32 am

I find it very weird, why does it takes so long since 1st Apr till now for approval. It's 2 month lapse now.
Actually I'm inquiring with the gurus here, coz my RC have a lot of politics. Mayb my imagination runs wild, I'm thinking if something fishy is going on.

oplo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by oplo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:12 am

SubashiniR wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:17 pm
Hi, Can I check whether active community leader can be a person under non RC, non NC groups such as Women’s Integration Network council, Narpani paeravai, Malay activity exec comm council etc? These also fall under Grassroots organization but are not explicitly mentioned under the MOE guidelines for active community leader based on the below definition.
No.
SubashiniR wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:17 pm
If these groups are included, does that mean I can apply for a school under any GRC, given that these groups are not location specific?

“Active Community Leaders” are defined as current serving executive committee members of the Residents' Committee (RC), Neighbourhood Committee (NC), Citizen's Consultative Committee (CCC), Community Club Management Committee (CCMC) and the Community Development Council (CDC).
letter these members based on residential address.

oplo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by oplo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:15 am

KiasuAhTan wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:24 pm
How does the redraw of execution boundary affect 2B GRL? Will the new boundary take into effect right after the election or are there some buffer time?
ELD will announce when its formed. GRL can download the list from grassrootconnect when its open for registration.

oplo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by oplo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:17 am

exodusz wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:36 pm
Hi,

I have problem login to grassrootconnect, it shows user invalid. CM says new term is still pending approval by advisor.
Does anyone have this problem? It's only 2 weeks left to cutoff date.
you "active" GRL?

troychua79
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by troychua79 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:02 am

exodusz wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:32 am
I find it very weird, why does it takes so long since 1st Apr till now for approval. It's 2 month lapse now.
Actually I'm inquiring with the gurus here, coz my RC have a lot of politics. Mayb my imagination runs wild, I'm thinking if something fishy is going on.
Even before the current COVID-19 situation, it is not uncommon for the approval to be more than 3 months, let alone now.

Just to share my experiences in the estate on politics, mine is a new BTO whereby a new RC is planned to opened within 6 months and the new recruits are asked to be observers in a nearby RC while the plans to set up my new RC is formulated. The CM proceed to set up a RC groupchat where all the members from the new BTO and the older estate are all added in. Conflicts started when some of the new BTO members who had already been GRLs in their previous estates start to compare the way things are run in the older estate RC and their previous RCs. Things get out of hands when harsh words were exchanged in the groupchat whereby a lot of members were affected and MP was aware of the situation.

Then PA abruptly made the decision to separate the 2 groups after 2 months and 'set up' my new RC despite having not enough members to do so. The appointment letter were sent out only 3 months later but backdated to the month when the 2 groups split with reason stated that MP wants the previous mess to be sorted out before she approve the member roster. Heard that some of the so call 'troublemakers' were not asked to be part of the new RC, and until now, 5 years later, my estate still do not have a physical RC centre and no member roster were displayed around the estate.

My point is that it is never a given that grassroot is auto-renewal and messy RCs sometimes also need more time to sort out the member roster.

exodusz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by exodusz » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:42 pm

oplo wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:17 am

you "active" GRL?
Yup, have been an active GRL. Apprantly not now, technically I'm not a valid user in grassrootsconnect.

My participation rate is not the top hitter, nor the bottom. I'll help out whenever I can, organized a few events, and hardly miss the monthly meetings. After 1st April lapse of membership, I still help out in the masks distribution.

exodusz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by exodusz » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:44 pm

troychua79 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:02 am

Even before the current COVID-19 situation, it is not uncommon for the approval to be more than 3 months, let alone now.

Just to share my experiences in the estate on politics, mine is a new BTO whereby a new RC is planned to opened within 6 months and the new recruits are asked to be observers in a nearby RC while the plans to set up my new RC is formulated. The CM proceed to set up a RC groupchat where all the members from the new BTO and the older estate are all added in. Conflicts started when some of the new BTO members who had already been GRLs in their previous estates start to compare the way things are run in the older estate RC and their previous RCs. Things get out of hands when harsh words were exchanged in the groupchat whereby a lot of members were affected and MP was aware of the situation.

Then PA abruptly made the decision to separate the 2 groups after 2 months and 'set up' my new RC despite having not enough members to do so. The appointment letter were sent out only 3 months later but backdated to the month when the 2 groups split with reason stated that MP wants the previous mess to be sorted out before she approve the member roster. Heard that some of the so call 'troublemakers' were not asked to be part of the new RC, and until now, 5 years later, my estate still do not have a physical RC centre and no member roster were displayed around the estate.

My point is that it is never a given that grassroot is auto-renewal and messy RCs sometimes also need more time to sort out the member roster.
Thanks for the detail explanation.
Hope they don't screw up my application, only left 10 days to deadline.