All About Active Community Leaders

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
danedane79
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: All About Active Community Leaders

Post by danedane79 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:55 pm

Hi, I have three questions:
1. In the grassroots connect, my residential address cannot be found. Where can I find it?

2. When we change our residential address, do we need to inform the CM and chairperson?

2. If residential address is changed in March, the endorsement letter that is generated will be endorsed by the new advisor of the new GRC or the advisor of the old GRC? Why would the new advisor endorse the letter when the person did not serve in the new GRC but the old GRC?

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Davischew » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:09 pm

danedane79 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:55 pm
1. In the grassroots connect, my residential address cannot be found. Where can I find it?

2. When we change our residential address, do we need to inform the CM and chairperson?

2. If residential address is changed in March, the endorsement letter that is generated will be endorsed by the new advisor of the new GRC or the advisor of the old GRC? Why would the new advisor endorse the letter when the person did not serve in the new GRC but the old GRC?
Not sure about 1 and 2. Maybe can call PA to check.
When apply through the module for 2B registration, system will just match your address to the GRC, and as a GRL, the advisor will just sign on the letter of eligibility in general, like signing of documents. dont worry about the advisor lah, he will help to sign.

KiasuAhTan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by KiasuAhTan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:37 pm

Davischew wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:09 pm
danedane79 wrote:

When apply through the module for 2B registration, system will just match your address to the GRC, and as a GRL, the advisor will just sign on the letter of eligibility in general, like signing of documents. dont worry about the advisor lah, he will help to sign.
I actually heard different accounts of this. The GRL actually have to prepare a CV detailing the service being rendered during the term.

Some will not be granted 2B status if not active enough (advisor will not sign, on the advice of CM/chairman).

So the point is that if the end state CM/Advisor is the one signing off, would they sign you off if your work is done else where vs the GRL that is serving their ground.

To prevent speculation could anyone who have real experience please help clarify or PM me.

Thank you.

hb
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by hb » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:22 pm

KiasuAhTan wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:28 am
Davischew wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:16 am
hb wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:43 am

Sengkang West is its own SMC though. Does it count as being part of the Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC for the purpose of 2B registration?
No, it is not the same. NCPS is Sengkang West.
What do you mean by being part of the Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC?
I guess the thing we are trying to clarify is that where we serve (pasir ris-punggol GRC) is not where our final address and school is (in this example NCPS Seng Kang west SMC). Do we still get 2B. According to Davischew, it will follow your address during the point of time of applying for 2B status on the portal.

Additional question is would the advisor in punggol GRC endorse the GRL letter for Seng Kang West SMC? Or does the Seng Kang West SMC endorse the letter for your when u are serving punggol after the letter is generated from the portal?
Yah that's what I meant. So it sounds like I can serve in the GRC I live in right now (say Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC), and apply for 2B in a different GRC if I live elsewhere by the time of P1 registration (say Seng Kang West SMC) - except that there's some concern over whether I will actually be endorsed by Seng Kang West SMC chair as a GRL (because, why should he??).

I found this online, which seems to support the above: "Eligible GRLs with two years of continuous and active service in GROs can apply for Primary One registration for their children under Phase 2B in schools within the constituencies they reside in".
https://www.gov.sg/factually/content/wh ... leaders-do

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Davischew » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:34 pm

hb wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:22 pm
KiasuAhTan wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:28 am
Davischew wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:16 am

No, it is not the same. NCPS is Sengkang West.
What do you mean by being part of the Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC?
I guess the thing we are trying to clarify is that where we serve (pasir ris-punggol GRC) is not where our final address and school is (in this example NCPS Seng Kang west SMC). Do we still get 2B. According to Davischew, it will follow your address during the point of time of applying for 2B status on the portal.

Additional question is would the advisor in punggol GRC endorse the GRL letter for Seng Kang West SMC? Or does the Seng Kang West SMC endorse the letter for your when u are serving punggol after the letter is generated from the portal?
Yah that's what I meant. So it sounds like I can serve in the GRC I live in right now (say Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC), and apply for 2B in a different GRC if I live elsewhere by the time of P1 registration (say Seng Kang West SMC) - except that there's some concern over whether I will actually be endorsed by Seng Kang West SMC chair as a GRL (because, why should he??).

I found this online, which seems to support the above: "Eligible GRLs with two years of continuous and active service in GROs can apply for Primary One registration for their children under Phase 2B in schools within the constituencies they reside in".
https://www.gov.sg/factually/content/wh ... leaders-do
There's no doubt the advisor in your residence GRC will sign if you have continuous 2 years service. You will have certificate of service every year (renewed).

If this is the current rule, why wouldn't HE sign?

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Davischew » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:36 pm

KiasuAhTan wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:37 pm
Davischew wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:09 pm
danedane79 wrote:

I actually heard different accounts of this. The GRL actually have to prepare a CV detailing the service being rendered during the term.

Some will not be granted 2B status if not active enough (advisor will not sign, on the advice of CM/chairman).

So the point is that if the end state CM/Advisor is the one signing off, would they sign you off if your work is done else where vs the GRL that is serving their ground.

To prevent speculation could anyone who have real experience please help clarify or PM me.

Thank you.
where you heard such accounts? is that speculation? or coming from GRL who got rejected? then can ask him/her

probably active service means you need to attend monthly meetings, and participant in big events volunteering at least. If you are truly sincere, CM/Chairman can tell.
Last edited by Davischew on Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hb
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by hb » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:37 pm

Davischew wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:34 pm

There's no doubt the advisor in your residence GRC will sign if you have continuous 2 years service. You will have certificate of service every year (renewed).

Cos not the advisor you served under mah. But ok then! Hmm maybe I should rethink my P1 strategy...though a bit late for 2021 I think.

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Davischew » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:41 pm

hb wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:37 pm
Davischew wrote:

Cos not the advisor you served under mah. But ok then! Hmm maybe I should rethink my P1 strategy...though a bit late for 2021 I think.
too late for GRL, but most PVs are still be available.

hb
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by hb » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:46 pm

Davischew wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:41 pm
hb wrote:
Davischew wrote:

True. And I have a younger kid. :)

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Davischew » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:05 pm

hb wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:46 pm
Davischew wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:41 pm
hb wrote:

True. And I have a younger kid. :)
oh, then better plan properly. If time constraint, better join GRL 1st, in case PV not so confirm , or 2C also not confirm.