[Pasir Ris] Primary Schools

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Which is your preferred school in Pasir Ris?

Casuarina Primary
6%
Coral Primary
3%
Elias Park Primary
14%
Loyang Primary
9%
Meridien Primary
6%
Park View Primary
5%
Pasir Ris Primary
42%
White Sands Primary
15%

Total votes : 253

Postby Mum@work » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:28 pm

[Moderator's Note: For Balloting History of Pasir Ris schools, click here.]

Hi, I wld like to try for transferring my girl (she is in P3 now) to either White Sands or Pasir Ris Pri Sch, but I'm not sure which is better. :roll: Can anyone share with me your information?? Thanks.

Mum@work
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: White Sands Pri Sch or Pasir Ris Pri Sch??

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:20 pm

Mum@work wrote:Hi, I wld like to try for transferring my girl (she is in P3 now) to either White Sands or Pasir Ris Pri Sch, but I'm not sure which is better. :roll: Can anyone share with me your information?? Thanks.

Both are comparable, but Pasir Ris has been more consistent in PSLE performance and has won several more prestigious awards than White Sands.

However, White Sands (99.5%) outperformed Pasir Ris (99.04%) in PSLE overall passing rate last year in 2007.

Given only these 2 choices, though, I would still prefer Pasir Ris.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby azurex » Thu May 29, 2008 2:27 pm

seems everyone here is going for more or less branded school.

i, myself worry if son can cope if i send him to st hilda ( which we are looking at and pv'ed ) . it seems to be a tough school. aish.. really having a tough time....

azurex
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Feedback on Pasir Ris Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu May 29, 2008 6:36 pm

azurex wrote:seems everyone here is going for more or less branded school.

i, myself worry if son can cope if i send him to st hilda ( which we are looking at and pv'ed ) . it seems to be a tough school. aish.. really having a tough time....

Good thinking. Pasir Ris Primary is actually quite a decent school. Definitely will be less stressful compared to St. Hilda's. Lots of new parents think that getting their kids into a good school will be end of the story... not thinking about the huge amount of stress they are going to go through in making sure that their children are up to mark. Sometimes, we need to know which are the branded schools so that we can avoid them! :shock:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby azurex » Thu May 29, 2008 8:50 pm

thanks chief, just wondering, would you go for the branded school if you know you have, well........... a slight chance.

i feel that everyone is into branded school thus after a while those who usually say i am NOT into this also started to chase for the stars! i never knew i became like this!!!!! Not that i want to chase but everyone is hurrying me to chase. Like when the bull run, when you see everyone run, you also run, not really knowing ahead if the road is safe or not, JUST RUN @@

azurex
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu May 29, 2008 10:10 pm

Heheh... you remember all those long lines for Macdonalds' Hello Kitty series of dolls? Singaporeans can't resist queues because they think they represent good deals which they cannot miss out on. If got queue surely must be good wan!

Same thing for Primary schools. Except this is your child's life you are talking about. Better not play play. So we parents think that good schools are necessary for the well being of our children lor. But sometimes we forget that children mature at different ages, and if they are always languishing at the back of the classes of the better classes, that might make them think that they are lousy even if they would have topped the less capable classes with their results. That eats into their self-confidence and their pessimism becomes self-fulfilling.

So think carefully before committing your child to one of these top schools. You must be prepared to put in your own time and effort to support your child and encourage him/her even if he/she doesn't do well in class - instead of scolding them and asking them why they are so stupid compared to other kids. It takes a big heart to handle such stress.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby azurex » Thu May 29, 2008 11:10 pm

that's why its so hard! its not a bull game we are after, its our child life. i don't want him to be stressed and especially myself to be stressed. its easy to say, ya! I can put lots of time into this but in the end, there will be tears and yelling and etc etc :?

but would good school = better behaved children? its the characther that is equally important too.

azurex
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby phantom » Sat May 31, 2008 11:47 am

I am also looking for Primary school for my kid, but more on neighborhood school since I live near some of them. I am fine with non branded school as long as it is decent enough

phantom
Site Admin

Pasir Ris Primary school

Postby a380 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:16 am

Can anyone tell me how good/bad is Pasir Ris Primary school?

:?:

a380
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby karentyp » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:55 pm

Hi,Im a new resident in Pasir Ris, used to stay in bedok..I will be sending my gal to pri sch in 2010..i have these three schools in mind..
1) Pasir Ris primary
2) park view Primary
3) Temasek Primary (bedok)

I personally prefer Temasek Primary and have been succesful in applying for PV,but my only concern now is the distance...im residing near PArk view( walking distance) and I know the popular schools in PAsir ris is pasir ris pri...what advice would you give?REali gives me lots of headache...

appreciate any feedback...

karentyp
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration