Using Relative's Address & Statutory Declaration

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Using Relative's Address & Statutory Declaration

Postby titank » Wed May 07, 2008 3:15 pm

Hi All,

Just would like to find out can I use my Parent's Address to enroll a Primary School? My parent address is within the 2Km mark & where else my address is beyond 4Km.

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Enroll Using Parent Address

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed May 07, 2008 6:47 pm

titank wrote:Hi All,

Just would like to find out can I use my Parent's Address to enroll a Primary School? My parent address is within the 2Km mark & where else my address is beyond 4Km.

From MoE's website:
"Statutory Declaration
Children who are currently under full time care of foster parents may register for admission using the address of the foster parents provided:
    both parents are working full-time at the time the statutory declaration was made
    the foster parent is a grandparent of the child or a sibling of either of the parents and the foster parent is not employed.
For the purpose of registration, the foster parent and one of the child’s parent are required to make a statutory declaration at the MOE Customer Service Centre. The statutory declaration can be made from 8 am to 4 pm, Mondays to Fridays and from 8 am to 12 noon on Saturdays, from Tuesday, 3 July 2007 to Tuesday, 21 August 2007. They should bring along with them the originals of the following documents:
    identity card of both parents
    identity card of the foster parent
    birth certificate of the child to be registered for admission to school
    documents to prove the relationship between parent and the foster parent
    for parents who are self-employed, please bring along supporting documents to prove their employment e.g. bizfile, CPF statements and Income Tax
    photostated copies of passport/NRIC/overseas employment letter is required for parent/s who are currently overseas
    employment letters to show full-time employment where available

Children who are registered using a foster parent’s address and residing within 1 km of the school of choice will not be balloted together with other children residing within 1 km of their school of choice. Instead they will be balloted together with children residing between1-2 km of the school of choice.

False Information
Any parent found to have provided false information during the Primary One Registration Exercise will be referred to the Police for investigation. A child who is successfully registered in a school based on false information given by the parent will be transferred to another school with a vacancy after all eligible children have been registered."

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby titank » Thu May 08, 2008 3:39 pm

Wow Full Time Care under Foster Parents? Still have to made statutory declarations? :roll:

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu May 08, 2008 6:32 pm

They just want to make sure that the kid is really staying in that area and with an adult giving proper care. If the grandparents are working, then it is quite obvious that the address is being used as a front to get into the school.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

P1 Registration - Using foster parents' address

Postby nat_mom » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:19 am

Hi there

As my girl stays with my parents in AMK, I would need to register her in a sch there. Thinking of going Anderson..do i have to make the declaration before registration or i could do it anytime before 12 Aug?

As my parents stays within 1-2km, i would still be able to join those parents within 1-2km for balloting, right?

Really hope that i could get my girl a place there.

Thks :D

nat_mom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: P1 regustration- Statutory Declaration for Foster Parent

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:34 am

nat_mom wrote:Hi there

As my girl stays with my parents in AMK, I would need to register her in a sch there. Thinking of going Anderson..do i have to make the declaration before registration or i could do it anytime before 12 Aug?

As my parents stays within 1-2km, i would still be able to join those parents within 1-2km for balloting, right?

Really hope that i could get my girl a place there.

Thks :D

Declaration starts from 30 June to 12 Aug, but you cannot register unless you have already declared. Phase 2C starts 29 July. So do it earlier.

Yes, you would be balloting with parents of children within 1-2km.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Registering using grandparent's address

Postby red_ryder » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:00 pm

Under MOE website, it states that children fostered out by grandparents can use grandparents address to register for the school. But you need to make statutory declaration and you are given lower priority compared to the 1km people.

My question is, what if my whole family moves into my parents flat? We are not fostering the child out, but are truly staying in my parents' address. Is this reason accepted by the school? Anyone tried this before?

red_ryder
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Registering using grandparent's address

Postby angeliatay » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:42 pm

Basically,the school will recognize the address that is stated on yours and your husband's I/C during the time of registration. That address will be used to measure the proximity to the school if there is a need to ballot. You just have to ensure that you are truly living at your parents' place and that if you do move out eventually, you should inform the school of the change in address.

angeliatay
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby deardear07 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:29 pm

[Moderator's Note: Threads split and merged.]

erm, if greatgrandparent's home is the location to go after the school hours, hw would it be counted? 2.1km?no chance? esp for schools like AiTong or St Nicholas/ Rosyth?

deardear07
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:18 am

deardear07 wrote:erm, if greatgrandparent's home is the location to go after the school hours, hw would it be counted? 2.1km?no chance? esp for schools like AiTong or St Nicholas/ Rosyth?

If grandparents' home is less than 1km from school, it will be counted as 1-2km instead. Other than that, MOE will use the actual distance.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration