Using Relative's Address & Statutory Declaration

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Re: Using Relative's Address & Statutory Declaration

Post by floppy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:03 pm

nicnac wrote:Higher tax only if you put up your flat for rent, since it is generating rental income, I think. I don’t think we paid higher tax for leaving it vacant.
Ah Gong says,
"Non-owner occupied residential properties may be condominiums, HDB flats or other residential properties. The owner does not live in ("occupy") the property and, therefore, owner-occupier tax rates do not apply."

Ah Gong doesn't care whether you rent it out, keep it as storage or otherwise.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Post by zac's mum » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:58 pm

floppy wrote:
nicnac wrote:Higher tax only if you put up your flat for rent, since it is generating rental income, I think. I don’t think we paid higher tax for leaving it vacant.
Ah Gong says,
"Non-owner occupied residential properties may be condominiums, HDB flats or other residential properties. The owner does not live in ("occupy") the property and, therefore, owner-occupier tax rates do not apply."

Ah Gong doesn't care whether you rent it out, keep it as storage or otherwise.
Correct. I confirm that is true, because I received the letter about higher property tax rate once I moved out + changed my address.

After moving out then I had time to clean up the place and get the agent to advertise and arrange viewings. The flat was vacant for ~6 months before we even found a tenant. Higher property tax still applies.

The tax which does not apply until a tenant moves in is the income tax - a completely separate tax.

Purpurowl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Purpurowl » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:34 am

Hi all, if I were to register my child under phase 2B church/clan and my parents will be the main caregiver, will the letter of recommendation from church/clan be of the parents or the main caregivers? Thanks in advance!

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Post by floppy » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:57 pm

Purpurowl wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:34 am
Hi all, if I were to register my child under phase 2B church/clan and my parents will be the main caregiver, will the letter of recommendation from church/clan be of the parents or the main caregivers? Thanks in advance!
Two different matters.

Letter will always be of the parents and child.
Address can be of the caregiver (if less than 1km, will default to 1 to 2km).