Using Relative's Address & Statutory Declaration

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
nicnac
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:3

Re: Using Relative's Address & Statutory Declaration

Post by nicnac » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:16 pm

cast2 wrote:
Pony_cx wrote:Do you mean for schools likely to go into balloting in phase 2C. I need not consider trying to register using my parent's address even if they stay within 1km coz i would b pushed to 1-2km?
You can use your parent's address if you meet the below criteria.
You will than be able to register under P2C <1KM if your parent's is less than 1KM.

Cheers

My child is being looked after by my parent or my sibling. Can we make use of their residential address for the purpose of registration?
Statutory declaration is required for parents who wish to register their child using the address of the child's grandparent or the parent's sibling and the address is within 2 km from the school of choice. The eligibility criteria are:

Both parents are working full-time at the time the statutory declaration was made; and
The child is under the full time care of a grandparent or a parent's sibling; and
The child's grandparent or the parent's sibling is not employed.

In addition, a child who gains priority admission into a school through distance category based on the child’s grandparent or parent’s sibling’s address is required to continue with the child-care arrangement at the address used for registration for at least 30 months, from the commencement of the P1 Registration Exercise on 30 June 2016. If this condition is subsequently not met, MOE reserves the right to transfer the child to another school with vacancies, as the basis of the priority admission to the first school is the declared address used for registration.
Did they change the regulations recently?

If not, you will fall under 1-2km if you use your parents' address even if they are within 1km of the school.

galaxyraider
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:7

Post by galaxyraider » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:32 am

cast2 wrote:
Pony_cx wrote:Do you mean for schools likely to go into balloting in phase 2C. I need not consider trying to register using my parent's address even if they stay within 1km coz i would b pushed to 1-2km?
You can use your parent's address if you meet the below criteria.
You will than be able to register under P2C <1KM if your parent's is less than 1KM.
( Best to check with the school directly first)
Cheers

My child is being looked after by my parent or my sibling. Can we make use of their residential address for the purpose of registration?
Statutory declaration is required for parents who wish to register their child using the address of the child's grandparent or the parent's sibling and the address is within 2 km from the school of choice. The eligibility criteria are:

Both parents are working full-time at the time the statutory declaration was made; and
The child is under the full time care of a grandparent or a parent's sibling; and
The child's grandparent or the parent's sibling is not employed.

In addition, a child who gains priority admission into a school through distance category based on the child’s grandparent or parent’s sibling’s address is required to continue with the child-care arrangement at the address used for registration for at least 30 months, from the commencement of the P1 Registration Exercise on 30 June 2016. If this condition is subsequently not met, MOE reserves the right to transfer the child to another school with vacancies, as the basis of the priority admission to the first school is the declared address used for registration.
cast2, this is incorrect. Even if your parent lives within 1km, you will still be grouped under 1-2km. So if the school goes for balloting for those <1km, you will be out.

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor
Total Likes:31

Post by BigDevil » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:17 am

nicnac wrote: Did they change the regulations recently?

If not, you will fall under 1-2km if you use your parents' address even if they are within 1km of the school.
No, they did not.

From https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/prima ... eclaration

If statutory declaration is used, children who are registered using either the grandparent’s or the parent’s sibling’s address and residing within 1 km or between 1 km and 2 km from the school of choice are balloted together with the other children of the same citizenship residing between 1 km and 2 km from the school. - See more at: https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/prima ... WWNbf.dpuf

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:5

Post by titank » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:28 am

Meaning 1km would be classify as 1-2km?
Meaning 1-2km would classify as 2km?

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor
Total Likes:31

Post by BigDevil » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:01 am

No.

If statutory declaration is used, children who are registered using either the grandparent’s or the parent’s sibling’s address and residing within 1 km or between 1 km and 2 km from the school of choice are balloted together with the other children of the same citizenship residing between 1 km and 2 km from the school.

galaxyraider
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:7

Post by galaxyraider » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:10 am

titank wrote:Meaning 1km would be classify as 1-2km?
No. Both will be considered as 1-2km.

Kwonana
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Kwonana » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:48 am

BigDevil wrote:No.

If statutory declaration is used, children who are registered using either the grandparent’s or the parent’s sibling’s address and residing within 1 km or between 1 km and 2 km from the school of choice are balloted together with the other children of the same citizenship residing between 1 km and 2 km from the school.

Hi all,

Meaning I can use my sister address to register Primary sch (within 1km) from her hse for my son? thanks for ur help

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:324

Post by ChiefKiasu » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:30 am

Kwonana wrote:Hi all,

Meaning I can use my sister address to register Primary sch (within 1km) from her hse for my son? thanks for ur help
Will your son be staying at your sister's place? Will she be your son's legal guardian? If so, yes, you can use your sister's address. Otherwise, no, you can't.

WorriedDadto3
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by WorriedDadto3 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:46 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Kwonana wrote:Hi all,

Will your son be staying at your sister's place? Will she be your son's legal guardian? If so, yes, you can use your sister's address. Otherwise, no, you can't.

if i am not wrong will be counted as 1-2 km instead of 1 kim which happened for a friend last yr

WorriedDadto3
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by WorriedDadto3 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:47 am

galaxyraider wrote:
titank wrote:Meaning 1km would be classify as 1-2km?
No. Both will be considered as 1-2km.

yes exactly spot on for this.