Using Relative's Address & Statutory Declaration

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
galaxyraider
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:7

Re: Using Relative's Address & Statutory Declaration

Post by galaxyraider » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:28 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Kwonana wrote:Hi all,

Meaning I can use my sister address to register Primary sch (within 1km) from her hse for my son? thanks for ur help
Will your son be staying at your sister's place? Will she be your son's legal guardian? If so, yes, you can use your sister's address. Otherwise, no, you can't.
Refer to this link: https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/prima ... eclaration

Eligibility Criteria
- Both parents are working full-time at the time the statutory declaration is made; and
- The child is under the full time care of a grandparent or a parent’s sibling; and
- The child’s grandparent or the parent’s sibling is not employed.

Peh Anna
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Peh Anna » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:05 am

Hi,

I am a newbie in this forum and will be joining all those parents who will be worried about our dragon kids primary school.

We are staying in Woodland area but my boy is currently attending his school in Fernvale which is my sister place. My mum is staying with my sister places to help us to look after our kids while we are working. Can I use my sister address to declare even due my mum is looking after my son full time. Secondly my mum address is Tampines so is there any issue or what other document that we need to product to certified this? Reason being was that I am trying to put him in Sengkang Green Primary School which is directly downstairs from my my sister block.

Thank

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Post by floppy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:30 am

Peh Anna wrote:Hi,

I am a newbie in this forum and will be joining all those parents who will be worried about our dragon kids primary school.

We are staying in Woodland area but my boy is currently attending his school in Fernvale which is my sister place. My mum is staying with my sister places to help us to look after our kids while we are working. Can I use my sister address to declare even due my mum is looking after my son full time. Secondly my mum address is Tampines so is there any issue or what other document that we need to product to certified this? Reason being was that I am trying to put him in Sengkang Green Primary School which is directly downstairs from my my sister block.

Thank
1. Your mum address on NRIC will need to show your sister address.
2. Your mum must not be working.
3. You will have to do a SD with your mum at MOE.

However, all the above efforts will be for nought if you are eyeing Sengkang Green. Sengkang Green is likely to ballot within 1km and under SD, you are grouped together with the 1-2km group. Hence, you won't stand a chance for this school. Suggest that you consider other schools.

Mumkoh
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Mumkoh » Thu May 24, 2018 8:36 am

Hi I'm new here. Would like to find out if we must wait for the registration date then can declare or can we do it months before? For how long does the letter of declaration last?

Thanks in advance.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Post by zac's mum » Thu May 24, 2018 9:53 am

Mumkoh wrote:Hi I'm new here. Would like to find out if we must wait for the registration date then can declare or can we do it months before? For how long does the letter of declaration last?

Thanks in advance.
According to MOE’s website (https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/prima ... eclaration), seems like you can only do the SD in a fixed period from July to August of your child’s P1 registration year. Obviously if you are registering in one of the earlier phases (earlier than phase 2CS), you need to take leave and rush to get the SD done in the earlier part of July, before your registration phase date.

Quote:
“The child’s grandparent or the parent’s sibling and one of the child’s parents are required to make a statutory declaration in person at the MOE Customer Service Centre.

The statutory declaration can be made from 2 July 2018 (Monday) to 2 Aug 2018 (Thursday) at the following periods (i) 9.00 am to 4.00 pm, Mondays to Fridays and (ii) 9.00 am to 12 noon on Saturdays.”

Mumkoh
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Mumkoh » Thu May 24, 2018 6:16 pm

zac's mum wrote:
Mumkoh wrote:Hi I'm new here. Would like to find out if we must wait for the registration date then can declare or can we do it months before? For how long does the letter of declaration last?

Thanks in advance.
According to MOE’s website (https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/prima ... eclaration), seems like you can only do the SD in a fixed period from July to August of your child’s P1 registration year. Obviously if you are registering in one of the earlier phases (earlier than phase 2CS), you need to take leave and rush to get the SD done in the earlier part of July, before your registration phase date.

Quote:
“The child’s grandparent or the parent’s sibling and one of the child’s parents are required to make a statutory declaration in person at the MOE Customer Service Centre.

The statutory declaration can be made from 2 July 2018 (Monday) to 2 Aug 2018 (Thursday) at the following periods (i) 9.00 am to 4.00 pm, Mondays to Fridays and (ii) 9.00 am to 12 noon on Saturdays.”

Thank you very much zac's mum

tecko82
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by tecko82 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:20 am

Hi I am a newbie to this forum. Both my wife and I are working full time. My mom (housewife) is looking after my daughter during the day. We drop her at my mum's place before heading to work in the morning. And pick her up after dinner at my mum's place.
We are planning to use my mum's address to enrol in the school nearby. Any idea whether this arrangement is feasible to qualify for Statutory Declaration? Does my daughter need to sleep over night at my mum's place?
Thanks!

jwhk10
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by jwhk10 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:01 pm

Dear All,

This is my first post on this forum (yeah you’ve guessed as much - kid going on to P1 next year and I am feeling much anxiety). This issue has probably been much dissected earlier on this thread, but I thought I should give it a go to ensure that my understanding is correct.

My current scenario is as such: my own residential address being between 1-2km from the school of choice, and my in-laws’ (my child’s care-givers) address being within 1km of the same school.

From my understanding of what is laid out at the MOE website, there is no difference whatsoever in terms of school admission priority regardless of whether my child is registered under my own residential address, or that of his grandparents.

The above is due to the existing guideline which essentially means that all registrations made through statutory declaration (for my case, of child’s grandparents’ address which is within 1km) will by default be considered at the point of registration as equivalent to one from an address between 1-2km from the school of choice, even if the child’s grandparents’ address is within 1km.

Let me try to illustrate my understanding with an example: assuming our school of choice has 40 vacancies for Phase 2B and there are 50 Singapore citizens vying for these vacancies of which 30 resides within 1km while 20 resides between 1-2km, the 30 would be admitted first while the 20 would have to ballot for the remaining 10 vacancies. For my scenario, my understanding is that even though my child is registered using a ‘within 1km’ address via statutory declaration, my child will not fall under the 30 who are admitted first (even though technically there is no balloting needed for those under 1km), but would instead be subjected to the ballot together with the 1-2km group.

Would any kind guru here care to corroborate my understanding please; i.e., that there is no actual need or point for us to consider any statutory declaration for our upcoming registration since there is no difference whatsoever for my case.

Thanks!

JW

summer83
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by summer83 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi JW.. u r right.. If use ur in-laws address and if there is balloting, u will be under 1-2km even though ur in laws address is <1km of the choice of sch..
So for ur case, there is no need to use ur in laws address since your own residence address is also 1-2km..

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Post by floppy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:14 pm

jwhk10 wrote:Dear All,

This is my first post on this forum (yeah you’ve guessed as much - kid going on to P1 next year and I am feeling much anxiety). This issue has probably been much dissected earlier on this thread, but I thought I should give it a go to ensure that my understanding is correct.

My current scenario is as such: my own residential address being between 1-2km from the school of choice, and my in-laws’ (my child’s care-givers) address being within 1km of the same school.

From my understanding of what is laid out at the MOE website, there is no difference whatsoever in terms of school admission priority regardless of whether my child is registered under my own residential address, or that of his grandparents.

The above is due to the existing guideline which essentially means that all registrations made through statutory declaration (for my case, of child’s grandparents’ address which is within 1km) will by default be considered at the point of registration as equivalent to one from an address between 1-2km from the school of choice, even if the child’s grandparents’ address is within 1km.

Let me try to illustrate my understanding with an example: assuming our school of choice has 40 vacancies for Phase 2B and there are 50 Singapore citizens vying for these vacancies of which 30 resides within 1km while 20 resides between 1-2km, the 30 would be admitted first while the 20 would have to ballot for the remaining 10 vacancies. For my scenario, my understanding is that even though my child is registered using a ‘within 1km’ address via statutory declaration, my child will not fall under the 30 who are admitted first (even though technically there is no balloting needed for those under 1km), but would instead be subjected to the ballot together with the 1-2km group.

Would any kind guru here care to corroborate my understanding please; i.e., that there is no actual need or point for us to consider any statutory declaration for our upcoming registration since there is no difference whatsoever for my case.

Thanks!

JW
TL; DR.

Yes, you are correct in your understanding.
There is no point to consider any SD in your case, unless you take pleasure in inconveniencing your in-laws :evil: