[Bukit Panjang] Primary Schools

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Which is your preferred school in Bukit Panjang?

Beacon Primary
11%
Bukit Panjang Primary
52%
CHIJ Our Lady Queen of Peace
17%
Greenridge Primary
10%
West View Primary
4%
Zhenghua Primary
6%

Total votes: 515

snappy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by snappy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:36 pm

Gosh... I'm really bowled over.... should I choose Beacon???

caroline3sg
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by caroline3sg » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:40 pm

jedamum
Beacon: 260/207 = 1.256
De La Salle even worse: 102/62 = 1.645

socks
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by socks » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:02 pm

Jedamum,

Beacon's response is so overwhelming! Probably spillover effect from Bt Panjang Pri.

Snappy,

Are you within 1 km? If yes, chances of getting into Beacon should be fairly high. It might be a good idea to call the school directly to ask for a breakdown.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:34

Post by jedamum » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:09 pm

caroline3sg wrote:jedamum
Ya..but considering the Beacon is a new school and that there are not much competition from earlier phases....a lot of parents are certainly been drawn to the new IT curriculum thingy!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:329

Post by ChiefKiasu » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:15 pm

jedamum wrote:
caroline3sg wrote:jedamum
Ya..but considering the Beacon is a new school and that there are not much competition from earlier phases....a lot of parents are certainly been drawn to the new IT curriculum thingy!
How jedamum? Activating your contigency plans yet? BPPS is starting to look shaky :(

snappy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by snappy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:23 pm

socks wrote: Snappy,

Are you within 1 km? If yes, chances of getting into Beacon should be fairly high. It might be a good idea to call the school directly to ask for a breakdown.
I'm actually within 2km... was actually thinking of going for CHIJ OLQP(more than 2km), but the number of applicants for Beacon is really tempting me.... :shock:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Post by jedamum » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:32 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote: How jedamum? Activating your contigency plans yet? BPPS is starting to look shaky :(
Now discussing with my husband on 'what if' BPPS left <5 seats for 1-2km, do we still wanna join in the 'fun' of balloting?

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Primary One Registration and Preparation

Post by jedamum » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:16 am

favianboy wrote:I just called Bukit Panjang Primary, for those who is >1km, pls do consider your second choice school as the no. of people register within 1km is around 60+ in the morning session. :shock:
Hi favianboy,
did BPPS managed to give you a breakdown of the number of applicants residing within 1km of the school?

favianboy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Primary One Registration and Preparation

Post by favianboy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:02 pm

Hi jedamum
Yesterday, BPPS did not give me any breakdown. I called today at 12.30pm, they told me that more than 71+ kids registered and is within 1km. I am still thinking whether to join in the balloting fun as i am staying within 1km.
They told me to call tomorrow to check the actual no of kids within 1km. I will try and will decide which school to put him tomorrow afternoon.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Primary One Registration and Preparation

Post by jedamum » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:14 pm

Thanks favianboy,
We should totally compare what they are going to tell us tomorrow morning.
When I called them just now at around 11.30am (earlier than you), they told me that they do not have the breakdown for applicants living within 1km. The staff told me they only know that the total applicants already exceed 71. After I told her of my concern (as I live within 1-2km), then she understood and asked me to call back tomorrow. So maybe after they received my call, they quickly tallied the results and then told you that >71kids is within 1km.

You should try the ballot, if you are sure that you can get in your second choice school in Phase 2C sup.