[Bukit Panjang] Primary Schools

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Which is your preferred school in Bukit Panjang?

Beacon Primary
11%
Bukit Panjang Primary
52%
CHIJ Our Lady Queen of Peace
17%
Greenridge Primary
10%
West View Primary
4%
Zhenghua Primary
6%

Total votes: 515

jovan_mummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by jovan_mummy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:44 am

debbiehsl wrote:Hi Jovan mummy,

Glad to know tat ur boy also in Bt Panjang Pri. No problem, contact me @ 92290734 and we will meet there on tat day. Wonder how our boys going to get use to e new environment ?
HI please to know that too . It worries me when come to how is he going to cope in P1. He didint attended much enrichment course other than the PAP tuition classes .

debbiehsl
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by debbiehsl » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:53 am

jovan_mummy wrote:
debbiehsl wrote:Hi Jovan mummy,

Glad to know tat ur boy also in Bt Panjang Pri. No problem, contact me @ 92290734 and we will meet there on tat day. Wonder how our boys going to get use to e new environment ?
HI please to know that too . It worries me when come to how is he going to cope in P1. He didint attended much enrichment course other than the PAP tuition classes .
I'm quite worry also. Among all neighbourhood schools, heard tat Bt Panjang Pri is e best & stressful school. Compare to all their homeworks r more. Wonder my boy can cope or not. My 2nd boy nany tld me if there r a lot of home work in school, forget abt giving him extra enrichment classes.

Mami
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PV at South View or Bukit Panjang?

Post by Mami » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:54 pm

[Moderator's note: Topics merged.]

Hi, fellow parents :D

Am new to this forum but pleasantly surprised by the "wealth" of information for Pri 1 registration!

My gal is born in 2004, due for Pri 1 admission in 2011. We are staying within 1-2km of South View and Bukit Panjang. Was wondering what would be my chances of getting her in to school of choice via PV? :roll:

Anyone could share some advice?

TIA!

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:34

Re: PV at South View or Bukit Panjang?

Post by jedamum » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:53 pm

Mami wrote: Am new to this forum but pleasantly surprised by the "wealth" of information for Pri 1 registration!
!
Hi Mami,
if you scrutinised the 'wealth' of info, you should be able to see the success rate of Pv in both schools.
FYI, based on 2007 and 2008 registration, PV for Bukit Panjang is 100% guaranteed a place under Phase 2B.

Mami
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Mami » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:44 pm

Tks, Jedamum!

Has tried searching for the info u mentioned.....is it in any particular thread? Still "digging" my way thru this registration encyclopedia. :oops:

Kindly direct. Tks! :wink:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:34

Post by jedamum » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:31 pm

Mami wrote: Has tried searching for the info u mentioned.....is it in any particular thread?
Its under this section, and there are only 2 pages of threads in this section.
Clue : search for the word 'ballot' that most parents dread to hear during the P1 registration...
that should give you some guide, although schools may alter registration intake that can affect the historical data's prediction.
8)

ksmama
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by ksmama » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:00 am

Hi mummies, I'm part of the Parent Support Group at Bukit Panjang Primary

Hi to all mummies who have registered their kids with BPPS. To help answer some questions.... Up to P4 at least , level where my older kid is in : No Stress... In fact there are hardly any homework,( maybe my kid did them in school) so yes, you do have time to go for the enrichment classes if you can find the time to ferry them :D
As in all schools, I am sure, there will be teachers who are very enthusiastic and inspiring and there will be those who are there just to earn a salary..I have heard this from friends with kids in the "top schools' as well.

To those who want to volunteer..yes so far the school will accept PVs in numbers which they can all be likely to be accepted.

As to if I have to do this again, would I still register my kids with BPPS.... Maybe not as I may want to choose a school with affiliation to be at a slight advantage at PSLE ie affiliation means lower t-score acceptance cut-off. Just following the P5/6 Maths thread gives me palpitations... :lol:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:329

Post by ChiefKiasu » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:42 pm

ksmama wrote:Hi mummies, I'm part of the Parent Support Group at Bukit Panjang Primary...
Hi ksmama! Great to have a PSG member onboard.

Affiliated or not, it is still up to your child to do well in PSLE to get into the school he/she wants. The bar may be lower, but there is no free ride.

Yes, the P5/6 math questions are scary, aren't they? They should do a test with adults and see how many can even pass the test.

bin1974
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by bin1974 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:03 pm

ksmama wrote:Hi mummies, I'm part of the Parent Support Group at Bukit Panjang Primary
Hi to all mummies who have registered their kids with BPPS. To help answer some questions.... Up to P4 at least , level where my older kid is in : No Stress... In fact there are hardly any homework

So happy to hear that . Meaning my son won't be so stressed .

Thanks for the info

debbiehsl
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by debbiehsl » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:31 pm

Hi, since ur kids has been with BPPS up to P4. do u hve any idea wat is stella programme. my boy is P1 nxt yr @ BPPS. No english textbook. Learn through this programme. How does it works. How can parents teach their kid at home. Btw, u r part of the parent support group. wat did u do?

ksmama wrote:Hi mummies, I'm part of the Parent Support Group at Bukit Panjang Primary

Hi to all mummies who have registered their kids with BPPS. To help answer some questions.... Up to P4 at least , level where my older kid is in : No Stress... In fact there are hardly any homework,( maybe my kid did them in school) so yes, you do have time to go for the enrichment classes if you can find the time to ferry them :D
As in all schools, I am sure, there will be teachers who are very enthusiastic and inspiring and there will be those who are there just to earn a salary..I have heard this from friends with kids in the "top schools' as well.

To those who want to volunteer..yes so far the school will accept PVs in numbers which they can all be likely to be accepted.

As to if I have to do this again, would I still register my kids with BPPS.... Maybe not as I may want to choose a school with affiliation to be at a slight advantage at PSLE ie affiliation means lower t-score acceptance cut-off. Just following the P5/6 Maths thread gives me palpitations... :lol: