[Sembawang] Primary Schools

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Which is your preferred school in Sembawang?

Canberra Primary
36%
Endeavour Primary
34%
Sembawang Primary
16%
Wellington Primary
13%

Total votes : 209

[Sembawang] Primary Schools

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:04 am

[Moderator's Note: For Balloting History of Sembawang schools, click here.]

Please post all comments/questions about schools in Sembawang in this thread.

2012 P1 Registration Balloting Statistics (SC<1km, 1km<SC<2km, SC>2km, PR<1km, 1km<PR<2km, PR>2km)

P2C

Canberra Primary - 114 applicants vs 81 places
Endeavour Primary - 129 applicants vs 64 places
Sembawang Primary
Wellington Primary
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:48 pm

Isn't it interesting that there are so few questions about schools in Sembawang? It is almost as if they don't exist in the minds of kiasu parents! :D But the children who stay there must be going to one of these schools. So perhaps it is because parents can always get into these schools without PV or balloting (except for Canberra) - so no pressure lor :).

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby 2galsmum » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:52 pm

Quite true....no pressure in Sembawang. I was once within 1km from Canberra but I moved...Silly me. However I have heard its been quite stressful in there.

I have heard that Wellington is not bad too as they focus on the students' welfare a lot. As for Endeavour, I have this encounter as I called up the school to enquire about the distance....one of the teacher in the background sounds harsh and the lady had problem getting the distance list......I hang up without finding my house distance cos' guess I won't consider to register at all!

2galsmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Canberra vs Endeavour

Postby ngchris » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:45 pm

I am evaluating between Canberra and Endeavour. Heard Endeavour's principle is from ex Nan Chiau and I met a Endeavour parent that had praises for the school and said she got turned off the arrogant staffs at Canberra. Guess there are different sides of the story then. One thing for sure, Endeavour's school website is definitely much better than Canberra'
s (my humble view) and I like the school's philosophy is in all that they do, they do it for the pupils.

Endeavour's Open House is Jul 19 morning. Anyone know when's Canberra's?

ngchris
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Canberra vs Endeavour

Postby happy apple » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:39 pm

ngchris wrote:I am evaluating between Canberra and Endeavour. Heard Endeavour's principle is from ex Nan Chiau and I met a Endeavour parent that had praises for the school and said she got turned off the arrogant staffs at Canberra. Guess there are different sides of the story then. One thing for sure, Endeavour's school website is definitely much better than Canberra'
s (my humble view) and I like the school's philosophy is in all that they do, they do it for the pupils.

Endeavour's Open House is Jul 19 morning. Anyone know when's Canberra's?

Canberra's open house was on 12 july, my reply came too late.. sorry...

happy apple
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby icliff00 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:12 pm

For the phase 2C supple, it seem like Endeavour Primary had won more seats than the other 2 schools.

I'm looking forwards to expect the school to excel and achieve something. Since the principle has more than 25 years of education experiences, hope the school will increase its popularity as time goes by.

icliff00
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ellehcim » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:26 pm

it is true that nothing much had been mentioned about schools in Sembawang. Just wondering how are the schools in this estate are doing? Canberra is still the hottest school among parents in Sembawang for it had been announced as future school. Any parents with kids in the other 3 schools? Would like to hear some comments about them.

ellehcim
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Primary schools

Postby Sangeetha » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:54 pm

[Moderator's Note: Topics merged.]

Please suggest a good primary school at Sembawang and Admirility.

Sangeetha
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Endeavour Primary School - Anybody heard of it?

Postby loyhuieng » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:45 pm

[Moderator's note: Topics merged.]

Hi... any parents know about Endeavour Primary School or have children studying in this primary school? I am actually now considering to enrol my child in this school in this week placement.

loyhuieng
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Endeavour Primary School - Anybody heard of it?

Postby jedamum » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:00 pm

loyhuieng wrote:Hi... any parents know about Endeavour Primary School or have children studying in this primary school? I am actually now considering to enrol my child in this school in this week placement.

loyhuieng,
have you seen this?

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration