[Seng Kang] Primary Schools

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Which is your preferred school in Seng Kang?

Anchor Green Primary
6%
Compassvale Primary
9%
Fernvale Primary
3%
Nan Chiau Primary
53%
North Spring Primary
2%
North Vista Primary
9%
Rivervale Primary
14%
Seng Kang Primary
5%

Total votes : 772

[Seng Kang] Primary Schools

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:07 am

[Moderator's Note: For Balloting History of Seng Kang schools, click here.]

Please post all comments/questions about schools in Seng Kang in this thread.

2012 P1 Registration Balloting Statistics (SC<1km, 1km<SC<2km, SC>2km, PR<1km, 1km<PR<2km, PR>2km)

P2C

Anchor Green Primary
Compassvale Primary
Fernvale Primary
Nan Chiau Primary - 180 applicants vs 58 places
North Spring Primary
North Vista Primary
Rivervale Primary
Seng Kang Primary
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Nan Chiau Primary School

Postby mwchua » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:40 am

[Moderator's Note: Topics merged.]

Hi all,

Any has views on Nan Chiau Primary School located within Sengkang ? They are one of the 5 primary schools under Hokkien Huay Kwan.

Any of you have comments on this school ? Eg academic results, teacher quality, average PSLE score, overall school environment etc.

Appreciate your input. Thx.

Rgds,
Ming

mwchua
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Nan Chiau Primary School

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:10 pm

mwchua wrote:Hi all,

Any has views on Nan Chiau Primary School located within Sengkang ? They are one of the 5 primary schools under Hokkien Huay Kwan.

Any of you have comments on this school ? Eg academic results, teacher quality, average PSLE score, overall school environment etc.

Appreciate your input. Thx.

Rgds,
Ming

As evident from the poll above, Nan Chiau is by far the most popular school in Seng Kang, as are most schools under the Hokkien Huay Kwan umbrella. This is primarily because of its academic results, where it achieved 100% passing rates even for ex-EM3 students in the last few years. Compassvale and Rivervale are the other 2 popular schools in the area.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Preparing which primary shcool to choose

Postby Rosalind Toh » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:39 pm

[Moderator's note: Topics merged.]

Hi,

I am now thinking which pri school to choose for my elder girl.
I stay in seng kang. Is Seng Kang Pri School good?
Besides, anyone know abt Pruggol Primary School?
I have went into their website and see their passing rate for PSLE, since not bad. Oh reason to choose there becos my in law stay near there.

Anyone can advise?

Rosalind Toh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

P1 registration - Help Help please....

Postby mwchua » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:14 pm

Hi all,

I am very very gan-cheong now & are really tearing my hair out….appreciate if all of you here can help to enlighten me on the necessary…

I am currently at sengkang, considering these 2 schools: Nan Chiau (Phase 2B if with endorsemet) and Rivervale (Phase 2B if I can clock in 40 hours before June). However, going by past stats, we are 1-2km from Nan Chiau and even if with endorsement, might still not get it. For Rivervale, we only clock in 10 hours so far…being working parents, it's extremely hard to fulfil the remaining hours as they don't have those full day type of PV jobs.

If, under this scenario, I can't get into both schools under Phase 2B, under Phase 2C I need to ballot for either Rivervale again or Mee Toh. Which school in your opinion is a better bet ? Both Rivervale & Mee Toh actually need to ballot under Phase 2C.

If, really really worst case scenario, can't get either Rivervale or Mee Toh under 2C, under 2C (Supp) will leave only Sengkang Primary. How is this school ? I only know that's 1 of the single session school at Sengkang and produced a top PSLE scholar many years back. Any of you can share more with regards to this school ?

Having terrible headaches now….Help please !!!

Thanks.

Rgds,
Ming

mwchua
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: P1 registration - Help Help please....

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm

If you are within 2km of Rivervale, do focus on completing your PV and you should be safe in Phase 2B. No need to tear out your hair worrying.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby mwchua » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:04 pm

hi ChiefKiasu,

Hello guru :) thx for your advice.

Understand that Rivervale is indeed very popular at sengkang area but why ? academic ? overall school environment ? what is it main attraction point ? how is it compared to Mee Toh ?

Actually if not for the fact that Mee Toh only needs traffic warden at fixed hours which I cannot make it, I would have preferred Mee Toh and do pv there due to its supposedly stricter discipline & more Chinese background.

So let's say the following scenario happens at Phase 2B:
1) nan chiau: got endorsement but need to ballot as >1km
2) rivervale: managed to clock 40 hours and no need to ballot

which way should I go ?

Rgds,
Ming

mwchua
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:54 pm

mwchua wrote:...Hello guru :) thx for your advice.
...So let's say the following scenario happens at Phase 2B:
1) nan chiau: got endorsement but need to ballot as >1km
2) rivervale: managed to clock 40 hours and no need to ballot

which way should I go ?

Rgds,
Ming

I'm no guru... I'm just a "statistician" who gets his sums wrong occasionally. The only thing I know is that Nan Chiau is statistically more risky in Phase 2B compared to Rivervale, and in Phase 2C, Rivervale is more risky even if you stay within 1km.

The question you posed is really a rethorical question. You should visit both schools and talk to the staff and see the children to get a feel for yourself. Then you can decide if Nan Chiau is worth the risk. If you believe that both schools are equally good, the logical selection would be to go for Rivervale.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Nan Chiau or Pei Chun

Postby bcmum » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:08 am

I only get to know about this forum after reading last sat ST.

This year we are due to register ds for Pri 1 next yr. We had shortlisted Nan Chiau and Pei Chun.

Since dh is a former student cum alumni of Pei Chun Pri, my son will get a place in Pei Chun in Phase 2A1. However, Pei Chun is too far from our house (i stay at sengkang) and the long travelling time may affect my son.

Nan Chiau is nearer to our house, within 1km from our house. We will get a chance as we have joined the SHHK too.

So will you register yr son in Nan Chiau or Pei Chun? Pls share your views. Thanks.

bcmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Nan Chiau or Pei Chun

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:00 am

bcmum wrote:I only get to know about this forum after reading last sat ST...

Yes, we are getting famous! We're getting famous! We finally managed to occupy a 5mm square of our venerable Straits Times. :wink: No need to pay somemore. I didn't even know until my wife, with her eye for details, told me about it. I only scan, while she REALLY reads.

bcmum wrote:...This year we are due to register ds for Pri 1 next yr. We had shortlisted Nan Chiau and Pei Chun...

Both are good schools. If you have the same chance getting into either, choose the one nearer to you. Note, however, that getting into Nan Chiau has a higher level of risk in Phase 2B for you which is mitigated by the fact that you are staying within 1km. Pei Chun is also rated higher than Nan Chiau when it comes to churning out top students, if that is what you are interested in.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration