AM or PM session is good for P1 students?

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

AM or PM session is good for P1 students?

Postby Wally » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:48 pm

Is it good for P1 students to attend AM or PM session?
Cos my child is active, how to keep him occupy? Is student care more suitable for AM student ?

Wally
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby SGoku » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:23 pm

:welcome:

I would prefer P1 to attend AM session because when they get to upper primary or secondary school, there is only 1 morning session. Want them to get used to the morning system from the start. Anyway, it also depend on the school he is enrolled to. Beyond your choice.

Most children are very active and i love them to be active. They have high metabolism rate and it is almost impossible to ask them to sit still and do nothing. Dont worry, as they get older, they will be less active. Dont believe?? Ask your ah gong. :P

There are many posts in KSP that will share with you how to keep your child occup. I would suggest it depend what he need most now...like languages or character building. Or learn an extra skill like piano..etc

Is student care more suitable for AM student ?

very subjective question. Do you need a student care centre service or you have someone reliable to take care of your child?

:roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :roll: :roll:

:welcome:

SGoku
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jedamum » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:58 pm

PM weather very hot during lesson.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby westmom » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:59 pm

one plus pt for PM session - if both parents works, they at least can spend some time/bond with kid as child can sleep later....(can wake up later in the morn )...

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby KingRascal » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:06 pm

one minus point for PM session - if child has to be woken up together with working parents, to be brought to say student care or grandparents' place, it can be quite pitiful for the child. Cos it's early. Moreover, for school bus to pick the child from student care to school, lunch would be provided very early, not later than 11! It would be a long while until the child has his/her recess.

It's also difficult to arrange enrichment classes for them.

KingRascal
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Wally » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:57 pm

Thanks alot. Sound like AM is better than PM session. More time to do other stuff, like put in student care, or go enrichment classes. My son in fact is early bird, and once if he wakes up will stay awake whole day, but if attend PM class, might be tire then.

Wally
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby schellen » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:51 am

Also remember that schs will have to gradually become single session, even if they are not yet doing so.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Wally » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:10 am

You are right. Cos the intake for P1 this year has reduced 30 no from each school till they can become single, those schools which cannot fill up the vacanies will then merge together with other primary schools. Make parents no choice but just go to those schools within 2km!!!! As told by a VP from a primary school.

Wally
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sleepy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:32 am

I prefer AM session. PM is quite rush. Only about two productive hours at home in the morning. Then need to go to school. Evening too tired to do anything after so many hours in school. Hard to squeeze in enrichment class in morning (too rushed) or evening (too tired)

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bebe » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:21 pm

sleepy wrote:I prefer AM session. PM is quite rush. Only about two productive hours at home in the morning. Then need to go to school. Evening too tired to do anything after so many hours in school. Hard to squeeze in enrichment class in morning (too rushed) or evening (too tired)

Exactly - I also prefer morning session. My gal told me that sometimes she would feel tired and sleepy after her recess (330pm)..

bebe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration