2010 P1 Registration Exercise for 2011 In-Take

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

2010 P1 Registration Exercise for 2011 In-Take

Postby peapot » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:40 pm

//Editor's note: Thread split from original topic, which can be found here.

Oh Hi everyone! I m new here. After briefly reading through some of the posts here, I think I have missed out much. I really admire parents who put in so many hours in PV. I m just plain too lazy. I register my girl for P1 next year in my alma mater. Didn't really bother to find out about the changes in the school. Sometimes I feel like a terrible mummy.[/i]

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:23 pm
Total Likes: 7


Postby peapot » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:42 pm

oh by the way, where's this Nan Hua? Is it a popular school?

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:23 pm
Total Likes: 7


Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:56 pm

peapot wrote:oh by the way, where's this Nan Hua? Is it a popular school?


Nanhua is the most popular school in Clementi, and arguably one of the top 5 Primary schools in academic terms.

You may find more about Clementi schools here.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Postby titank » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:33 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
peapot wrote:oh by the way, where's this Nan Hua? Is it a popular school?


Nanhua is the most popular school in Clementi, and arguably one of the top 5 Primary schools in academic terms.

You may find more about Clementi schools here.


Hi Chief KS,

Wow so fast start the "2010 P1 Registration Exercise for 2011 In-Take ".??
Times flies almost 1.5 years since I started in KSP in April 2008.

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3977
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:56 am
Total Likes: 4


Postby jastay » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi, I'm also a newbie in this forum... feel really stressful after reading the posts for P1 registration.

My boy is going to register P1 next year (2004 baby). Have called up the school to apply for PV in June this year but was told that the application was closed... :oops:

However, we are currently staying with my in-laws and rented out my house since last year. I intend to send my boy to MSHS which is within 1-2km from my in-laws place. So now I'm wondering whether to opt for Statutory Declaration or to change the address for our NRIC. Any advice??

jastay
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:53 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby marudine » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:54 pm

jastay wrote:Hi, I'm also a newbie in this forum... feel really stressful after reading the posts for P1 registration.

My boy is going to register P1 next year (2004 baby). Have called up the school to apply for PV in June this year but was told that the application was closed... :oops:

However, we are currently staying with my in-laws and rented out my house since last year. I intend to send my boy to MSHS which is within 1-2km from my in-laws place. So now I'm wondering whether to opt for Statutory Declaration or to change the address for our NRIC. Any advice??


You may want to try Grassroot Leader working as a volunteer in your CC/RC. You need to be active and know your MP well.

marudine
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:08 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby schellen » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:02 pm

marudine wrote:You may want to try Grassroot Leader working as a volunteer in your CC/RC. You need to be active and know your MP well.


I believe that there is also a minimum period that you must fulfill as a RC leader/member, etc. So if you're aiming for next year's registration (for P1 in 2011), and if the minimum period is 2 years, then it may be too late.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:17 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby twinnies mummy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:54 pm

Hi all, I'm a newbie here. I need to register my gal next year for P1. I know that it's too late to sign up for PV for the schools of our choice. When I read the forums, I see parents starting as early as 3 years ahead.....It's so stressful even to register for P1 now if we want to enrol in a good school. :cry:

The nearest school to my place is Anchor Green & Nan Chiau which is less than 1km.

My hubby was an old boy of ACJC, any girl schools such as MGS affiliated to it for Phase 2A1???

We are considering an all girls school such as St Nicholas, MGS or SCGS but we do not fall within the 2km range. Any advise or experience to share???
:?:

twinnies mummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:02 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby mrswongtuition » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:06 am

twinnies mummy wrote:Hi all, I'm a newbie here. I need to register my gal next year for P1. I know that it's too late to sign up for PV for the schools of our choice. When I read the forums, I see parents starting as early as 3 years ahead.....It's so stressful even to register for P1 now if we want to enrol in a good school. :cry:

The nearest school to my place is Anchor Green & Nan Chiau which is less than 1km.

My hubby was an old boy of ACJC, any girl schools such as MGS affiliated to it for Phase 2A1???

We are considering an all girls school such as St Nicholas, MGS or SCGS but we do not fall within the 2km range. Any advise or experience to share???
:?:


I think there's a girl's school near SK, CHIJ Nativity in Hougang.
Or you can try PLMGS in Lor Ah Soo (Hougang Ave 1).
The above 2 schools are quite alright in terms of distance. Results-wise, you'll need to check it out.

Btw, are you a baptised Christian attending a Methodist church? If yes, then you can get a letter from your church Pastor-in-charge to register your girl into any Methodist school (MGS, PLMGS, Geylang, Fairfield).

If you are Catholic, I think you can request for a letter to get into the CHIJs. I'm not too sure about this cos I'm not Catholic, but you probably can ask around.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:02 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby Mummy_Tang » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:46 am

Hi all mummies & daddies,

I need advise.

We used to stay in AMK which is within 1km to Anderson Primary. Due to the MUP and I was due to deliver #2, we shifted to my parents' place in Toa Payoh ,within 1km to Pei Chun Public School. Our address on ICs are also changed to Toa Payoh and its been like 2.5yrs already.

Since early last year(2008), I started to call Pei CHun to enquire abt distance and PV, they said they are closed since 2007!! My god!!

Then I called Anderson, their PB are also closed in early 2008!!!

My hb's school is closed and my school is all the way to the west.... so we are in a dilemma on which sch to choose since we only have 1 chance....which is phase 2C.


Schs near our parents' hse in TPY are
1) Pei Chun
2) Kuo CHuan Presb
3) St Gabriel
4) Maris Stella

#3 and 4 are catholic schools which we are not catholic. Any idea if Kuo Chuan is affiliated to any church? We started to go to one of the church along adam road, but not sure if the church is affilated to any schools.


5) ANderson primary....
although our ICs' address are not AMK, but we hse is there.....

SO HEADACHE!!! any advise on which school shld we go? Thanks!

Mummy_Tang
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:34 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration