Pre-school/Kindergarten affiliated to Primary School

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Pre-school/Kindergarten affiliated to Primary School

Postby barbie-doll » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:20 pm

Any idea where I can get info on preschools/kindergartens that are affiliated to Pri School? Hope to prep my girl for P1 in the years to come.

barbie-doll
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Pre-school/Kindergarten affiliated to Primary School

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:49 pm

barbie-doll wrote:Any idea where I can get info on preschools/kindergartens that are affiliated to Pri School? Hope to prep my girl for P1 in the years to come.

I remember someone saying something about this but couldn't for the life of me find that thread!

Anyway, if you do find any pre-school or kindergarten that have such kangtao, let us know. The entire group of KiasuParents will be descending on that pre-school!

No... there is no such thing... at least not to the known world... yet. At the rate schools are getting more "integrated", I do see the possibility of Primary schools spawning off pre-school education programmes in the future.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Sniper Angel » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:59 pm

Maybe you may want to check the following Kindergarten where they are being affilated to the Primary School. Maybe can get Phase O. :lol:

(i) Nanyang Kindergarten (Nanyang Primary)
(ii) Magdalene's Kindergarten (Canossa Convent Primary)

Sniper Angel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:11 pm

Sniper Angel wrote:Maybe you may want to check the following Kindergarten where they are being affilated to the Primary School. Maybe can get Phase O. :lol:

Yes... also St Andrew's Ascension Kindergarten!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby jedamum » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:34 pm

Sniper Angel wrote:Maybe you may want to check the following Kindergarten where they are being affilated to the Primary School. Maybe can get Phase O. :lol:

Hm...i thought i read somewhere that NYK is not affiliated to NYPS, did a quick check and here it is.

Q4: Is Nanyang Kindergarten affiliated to Nanyang Primary?

A: No. We are not affiliated to Nanyang Primary School. Nanyang Primary School is a government school which needs to cater to the residents who live within 1-km distance from it. However, Nanyang Kindergarten is part of the "Nanyang Family" (Nanyang Kindergarten, Nanyang Primary School & Nanyang Girls' High School).

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Sniper Angel » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:36 pm

Nanyang Kindergarten not affillated to Nanyang primary? Wow had check their fees, indeed one of the higher range type.

http://www.nanyangkindergarten.com/schoolinfo_2.html

PRE-NURSERY= $840/term
NURSERY, K1 & K2 =$780/term

Sniper Angel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby angeliatay » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:12 pm

Some kindergartens do have affiliation with the Primary Schools (eg. Barker Road Methodist Church Kindergarten is affiliated to ACSP & ACSJ) BUT that affiliation isn't going to help the parent during Pr 1 registration as putting ur child in that kindergarten will not give you any priority in any of the phases! The affiliation that matters during Pr 1 registration is through churches or clans.

Thankfully too or like what chiefkiasu said, there will be hoards of kiasuparents signing up their kids at xxx kindergarten! At present time, there's already a crazy demand for certain (branded) kindergartens so can u imagine what will happen if affiliation of kindergarten to pr schools are recognised under Pr 1 registration.

angeliatay
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby bigfoot » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:41 pm

It is official that no kindergarten are affiliated to any primary school in terms of priority registration. Got this from official source. :)

bigfoot
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby helloagain » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:48 am

is this still true? ie. no preschool in singapore has any affiliation to primary schools

helloagain
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:28 pm

Sniper Angel wrote:Nanyang Kindergarten not affillated to Nanyang primary? Wow had check their fees, indeed one of the higher range type.

http://www.nanyangkindergarten.com/schoolinfo_2.html

PRE-NURSERY= $840/term
NURSERY, K1 & K2 =$780/term

ABSOLUTELY no affiliation, even though they are in the same Nanyang Family of Schools, NYK, NYPS,NYGH,and with the similar alumni association
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration