Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About Affiliations between Pri & Sec Schools

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Re: All About Affiliations between Pri & Sec Schools

Postby phtthp » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:55 am

reiann wrote:lol!
ahh I don't have the time to wait around leh. I have to go pick kids up from school.. hm.

Thanks, though! Very helpful stuff here.

just a word of caution.

If you happen to withdraw from Rgps (2A1) already and last minute if MGS (2A2) happen to ballot for SC outside 2 km, then quickly drive back to Rgps, register under 2A2.

But if your daughter is SC staying < 1 km from MGS : anytime can withdraw from Rgps, lah

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby zac's mum » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:37 pm

reiann wrote:phtthp,

Thank you.
Do you think it is necessary to wait till 3.30pm? I am thinking of checking with MGS at around 2.30pm. If number of applicants in 2A2 still around 15-20, I think should be safe to withdraw from RGPS at 2.30pm and head to MGS thereafter?

the current number of applicants -- 11 to 36 vacancies mean that it's unlikely it would be oversubscribed. historically, never had to be balloted.

seems like I will try for MGS. I really would like my kiddo to have a good time in primary school, to play and grow and learn... not to be drilled for PSLE. I'm not saying RGPS is like that (certainly not in my dear memories of the school!), but there will be some pressure to get her PSLE scores to be decent...

Throwing in my personal opinion on this: 2.30pm numbers are sufficient to go on. Yeah, just call the school and ask for (i) the numbers and distance at 2.30pm (ii) from their experience, will the numbers increase in the late afternoon?

I can’t imagine many other parents needing to wait until late afternoon to apply. Most who qualify under this phase would already have applied yesterday. Maybe some handful would have applied this morning, if they weren’t free yesterday.

Let us know how it goes!

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby reiann » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:43 pm

Hi Lexy,

Nope, more than 2km away. So definitely need to make sure it's a more or less guaranteed slot for my child for 2A2, otherwise, I'll not withdraw from RGPS!

reiann
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby reiann » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:47 pm

zac's mum wrote:
reiann wrote:phtthp,

Thank you.
Do you think it is necessary to wait till 3.30pm? I am thinking of checking with MGS at around 2.30pm. If number of applicants in 2A2 still around 15-20, I think should be safe to withdraw from RGPS at 2.30pm and head to MGS thereafter?

the current number of applicants -- 11 to 36 vacancies mean that it's unlikely it would be oversubscribed. historically, never had to be balloted.

seems like I will try for MGS. I really would like my kiddo to have a good time in primary school, to play and grow and learn... not to be drilled for PSLE. I'm not saying RGPS is like that (certainly not in my dear memories of the school!), but there will be some pressure to get her PSLE scores to be decent...

Throwing in my personal opinion on this: 2.30pm numbers are sufficient to go on. Yeah, just call the school and ask for (i) the numbers and distance at 2.30pm (ii) from their experience, will the numbers increase in the late afternoon?

I can’t imagine many other parents needing to wait until late afternoon to apply. Most who qualify under this phase would already have applied yesterday. Maybe some handful would have applied this morning, if they weren’t free yesterday.

Let us know how it goes!

Yes, that's what I'm thinking too. The numbers aren't cut that fine. If the number of applicants is in the 20s, then I would freak out and be very very careful proceeding. I'll probably not withdraw from RGPS. But the numbers seem ok. 2A2 applicants probably other mums who didn't join alumni, or staff members kids... I'll call them at 2.30pm and assess. Wish me luck! Will update!

Thanks all once again for the info and help. Truly most helpful.

reiann
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Lexy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:52 pm

reiann wrote:Hi Lexy,

Nope, more than 2km away. So definitely need to make sure it's a more or less guaranteed slot for my child for 2A2, otherwise, I'll not withdraw from RGPS!

should not be more than 36 this year. prepare your gear to move off. all the best. remember all the NRIC and documentation for withdrawal. - better to even call rgps to confirm the withdrawal process.

Lexy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby reiann » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:50 pm

done! looks like only 15 applicants for 36 vacancies, so my daughter got in! yay.

good luck to the many other schools that will have balloting for phase 2A2! eeps

reiann
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby zac's mum » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:48 am

reiann wrote:done! looks like only 15 applicants for 36 vacancies, so my daughter got in! yay.

good luck to the many other schools that will have balloting for phase 2A2! eeps

:congrats: reiann!!!

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Lexy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:19 pm

reiann wrote:done! looks like only 15 applicants for 36 vacancies, so my daughter got in! yay.

Congratulations! relax and prepare for P1

Lexy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby zac's mum » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:28 pm

Lexy wrote:

Haha no need to prepare lah, my friend told me MGPS is super chill. First whole month of P1 or so is for them to adjust and settle in, ice-breaker orientation-type stuff, no academic work.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby reiann » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:35 am

zac's mum wrote:
Lexy wrote:

Haha no need to prepare lah, my friend told me MGPS is super chill. First whole month of P1 or so is for them to adjust and settle in, ice-breaker orientation-type stuff, no academic work.

Sounds perfect! Lol I don’t intend to prepare... just maybe on what CCA she is interested in in the future! Exciting!

reiann
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres