All About Home Addresses

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Would you use an address that you do not stay in, just to get priority in P1 registration?

No
67%
Yes
33%

Total votes: 886

chanlm
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Home Addresses

Post by chanlm » Sat May 04, 2019 10:11 pm

LC9 - I’m in the exact situation as you - MOE gave me a different reply. Basically said (1) register using docs showing ownership of property (2) show TA end date - must be before commencement of school year (3) undertake to change address in IC by commencement of school year

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:52

Post by Estéema » Sat May 04, 2019 10:19 pm

Pls note the address you use for P1 enrollment will be the address MOE start sending all info & correspondence e.g. for Orientation, for reporting to school. If u’re using condo (ownership address), any correspondence will be sent to that address which might be a headache to co-ordinate & u might miss timeline. Just highlight possible problem.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:164

Post by floppy » Sat May 04, 2019 11:10 pm

chanlm wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 10:11 pm
LC9 - I’m in the exact situation as you - MOE gave me a different reply. Basically said (1) register using docs showing ownership of property (2) show TA end date - must be before commencement of school year (3) undertake to change address in IC by commencement of school year
Which is what I said, and what I understand to be the case, but LC9 has a different answer :shrug:

LC9
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by LC9 » Sun May 05, 2019 9:06 pm

chanlm wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 10:11 pm
Hi chanlm, may i know when did you ask MOE? Did you email or call? And when is your school registration?

Strange and worrying that they are giving 2 different answers here. But the school and MOE gave me the same response, which is use the NRIC address only.

Estéema, thanks for highlighting that.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Estéema » Sun May 05, 2019 9:20 pm

You’re most welcome. I u’stand it’s not easy for you to go thro this arduous 1st year P1 sch enrollment journey. Hang in there. Don’t let this stress affect your family life & have fun with your primary sch going child.

chanlm
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by chanlm » Thu May 16, 2019 11:28 am

LC9, sorry for late reply as I hadn't logged on until now. I emailed MOE in March this year, and school registration is in July this year.

Yes it is strange - maybe you try to email MOE again?

LC9
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by LC9 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:49 am

chanlm wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:28 am
LC9, sorry for late reply as I hadn't logged on until now. I emailed MOE in March this year, and school registration is in July this year.

Yes it is strange - maybe you try to email MOE again?
Thanks for the reply chanlm. Did you ask the school that you are registering in?
Yeah i think i will email MOE again

estherc
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: *** READ ME FIRST !!! - P1 Registration FAQ ***

Post by estherc » Thu May 23, 2019 4:29 pm

Hi
Anyone in the situation where both parents (married) have different addresses in the nric? (Due to home ownership arrangements with respective parents)

In this case whose registered address will be used to determine the distance- based proximity?

DD going under phase 2A(1)

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:84

Post by zac's mum » Thu May 23, 2019 5:05 pm

estherc wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:29 pm
Hi
Anyone in the situation where both parents (married) have different addresses in the nric? (Due to home ownership arrangements with respective parents)

In this case whose registered address will be used to determine the distance- based proximity?

Father’s IC address is used by default. But be prepared they will question you for a valid reason why the 2 addresses.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Estéema » Thu May 23, 2019 5:51 pm

zac's mum wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:05 pm
estherc wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:29 pm
Hi

Father’s IC address is used by default. But be prepared they will question you for a valid reason why the 2 addresses.
Unless :

1. Divorce (in process)
2. One parent hv proof of overseas LT assignment
3. Both parents in Spore & hv diff address not valid even with several properties, as a couple must establish matrimonial home with kids in one address. I own more than one property, but that is documented in legal ownership, not my i/c.

I’ve come across school P asks parents to reflect address of both parents as same or withdraw, as MOE system flag this out. Better call MOE or talk to P to verify again.

Be careful!